It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket in position at launch pad in North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
NK already have nukes.Would'nt a nice delivery system be next?This is an icbm test.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

At which point, North Korea would issue a declaration of war....see the OP.

I know we still have troops in S. Korea, but no good would come of Korea declaring war....and as mentioned above, blackmailing other countries to avoid further conflict.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Just an observation mind you. Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
Obligatory second line.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I read your original post. The sabre rattling needs to stop. The point I was making was that if it is indeed a weapon, we have the technology to deal with it once it gets in orbit. No problem.........

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Oh, I know we do.

I can't even imagine the surrounding countries having to deal with this unstable regime as a neighbor.
And, the collusion between NK and Iran is troubling...the two bad boys conspiring to right the wrongs, real or imagined.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
Just an observation mind you. Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

nah...

more like speak softly when your peoples are in need of chopsticks

'loudly' only after they've been fed and you're in need of mOar.

wash-rinse-repeat

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The thought of an EMP going off over CONUS comes to my conspiratorial mind.

Hope our "space-based" weapons platform is ready.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

North Korea allows foreign media into rocket zone

NORTH Korea has shown foreign reporters its long-range rocket on its launch platform, as the regime again insisted it will be used to deploy a peaceful satellite and not a missile.

The usually secretive North organised the unprecedented visit to Tongchang-ri space centre in an effort to show its Unha-3 rocket is not a disguised ballistic missile, as claimed by the US and its allies.

www.news.com.au...

Interesting turn of events here.

Why so keen to show that this rocket is so harmless, when they haven't bothered in the past?

Perhaps a new approach by Kim Jong Un?

edit on 8/4/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Remind's me of a child who's just completed a school science-fair project (that he had nothing to do with....) and is now so excited, he cant help but show off how impressively large it is.
Also reminiscent of 18 y/o young guys doing burn-outs up the street to display how awesome they think they are.

Meanwhile, after everyone wipes the testosterone off themselves, they see him for what a tool he is being. I just hope it safely explodes on the launchpad, much the same as I hope those tools doing burnouts pop their tyres and have to walk home.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What's the big deal? Lots of countries have their own tests, some of these countries who are concerned have their own nuclear missiles. Why can they do what they want and no one be concerned, yet when north korea do the same as them everyone craps their pants?

Surely people should be more concerned with the USA than North Korea?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
2 day old news stolen from Drudge as many here are prone to do.

How is launching a weather satellite considered WW3?

Please folks.........Deny Ignorance!!

This is no weather satellite. Contrary to the situation with Iran, the intentions of North Korea should be quite apparent to any outside observer; all their government does is spend money on the military, and they have shown themselves to be a very aggressive nation.

No, I'd say this situation warrants a good deal of caution - not overreaction, but definitely caution.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
2 day old news stolen from Drudge as many here are prone to do.

How is launching a weather satellite considered WW3?

Please folks.........Deny Ignorance!!

Because it violates their treaty forbidding any "missile" activity, and because Japan has already vowed to shoot down any falling pieces, and because NK has said shooting anything down will be considered and act of war, and because it is proof of their "long range" missile capability, and because it is aimed West, and because it is only their word that it is a a Weather Satellite (Why does NK need a Weather Satellite? Maryland doesn't have a Weather Satellite.). Shall I keep going?

Sure, it probably won't be WW3, but it is a significant development in a volatile area, and it certainly deserves monitoring.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I'll take 'an upper stage failure' for $250, Alex.

nice for 'target practice', though.

Some have specuated "upper stage failures" are in fact successful EMP tests.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This happens everytime NK is in some economic need. Make some noise and then beg/bargain

Seen this one too many times before.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Then we agree on that. I will also agree that North Korea is unstable and they are causing their neighbors concern. Hopefully this is a benign launch and all the posturing can end.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by RizeorDie

well,.
these threats from all sources have been distinguished.
I am sure of that,.
nobody wants this conflict,. and so it shall not escalate,.
watch and see

I think the assumption that no one wants it is the mistake we're making here in playing the whole world situation as a place to make peace. No one wants to START it...is what I think is true. However, almost every nation who'll have a stake in the fight have domestic unrest at the very least. What better way to quell domestic problems than to give a population something outside the nation to focus on with passion? Every one of them.... Iran.. the U.S...Russia...Israel...China.. It's scary, but to look at it, it really *IS* every last nation on the playfield here.

If we can just hope they all keep dancing around each other and refusing to be 'The One' who starts World War III, then perhaps it simply doesn't start at all. It won't be because the nations wouldn't like to SEE some of what the war will bring though. Each in their own way.

Added thought here..... The DPRK is playing Court Jester to the world..as they always have. When everyone thinks tensions can't get higher? Pyongyang pipes up from the other side of the world and adds a new headache. True to form, here they are. Right on time.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
North Korea is a country which can't feed its population, and yet they're launching orbit-capable missiles and testing nuclear devices. Pugsley Adams Jong Il, however, wants to shake the hornets nest rather than keep those beneath him with food. At this point, it's up to the opressed in N. Korea to say enough is enough. It's nearly impossible under an opressive regime to launch an armed insurrection, but with outside help (from the South) it just might be possible.

I read the other day that theres an orginazition of North Korean defectors living in the South who fly baloons full of leaflets over N. Korean cities. Why can't those baloons carry arms instead? Locate a group of dissidents, and send airships carrying boxes of Kalishnakovs. Surely there are elements of the South Korean security forces operating in the North right now. If the S. Korean security infrastructure is in place in the North, now is as good as any time to put it to use.

It's time to end the Korean war - we owe it to the Korean war dead, many of whom never made it home. Their bones kept as pawns by the North in their political games.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join