It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could go back for just 1 event...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you could go back to any time to watch, witness, observe, what event would you choose to see??? Would you want to witness the Chicxulub asteroid that struck the Yucatan? Or would you want to witness Lincoln's assassination? Maybe you would like to go back to a time when Jesus was alive. Or maybe you would go back to witness the Roswell UFO crash ....... The reason why I'm writing this is because I'm curious to see which events the ATS community would choose to witness if they ever had the opportunity to go back in time....There are endless events that shaped history and each of them is unique in their own way...

Me personally, if I had to choose one event to witness in history, I would love to witness King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans take on the Persian army in the last stand...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I would like to go back to before the universe was created. I would watch as all I have ever known comes into being. And it would be good.

I'm Imagining not some scientific explanation, but the Beauty of it all when I say that.
Maybe Something Like this:

edit on 4/8/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would actually like to go back to when the Egyptians were building the Pyramids.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well I would of course, would have to go bust Jesus out of jail before the Romans crucified him. Sit and talk with him and then come back home before he went and made history.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuker
I would actually like to go back to when the Egyptians were building the Pyramids.

Thats a good one.... Unfortunately it took like 20 years to build it, so it looks like you will be hanging out in Egypt for a while

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Not so much an event as a time slot, but I would like to witness the Sumerian culture and just what was going on around them during that time.

spec

link   

Then you would be lost in limbo cause they never did. If we cant build one in a hundreds years like they are now then how could they have done it in twenty?

That's one minute for every one ton rock custom fit in place to line up with the star Sirus at the center of the earth.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

For me it would have to be the Roswell event. Not only could I witness and finally see whether it was us or them, but at that time cameras existed which means I could have the proof needed to put it to rest. If you went too far back in time, that technology didn't exist which means I could experience, observe and witness but not record it.

(Unless you are saying we are allowed to take modern tech with us to do so, but your post doesn't say we can)

If you could go back to any time to watch, witness, observe, what event would you choose to see???

edit on 8-4-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by jhn7537

Well I would of course, would have to go bust Jesus out of jail before the Romans crucified him. Sit and talk with him and then come back home before he went and made history.

i like where you're going with this one, but for this instance you cant step in and change history, you can only observe it.... Unless we want to open this thread to "altering" history too....I'm ok with both

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Not so much an event as a time slot, but I would like to witness the Sumerian culture and just what was going on around them during that time.

spec

Just come hang out with Jesus and I. I am sure he would tell us.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

spec

That was almost my first choice... Basically I want to know where Man and civilization come from.. Was it Other Humans who came down to Earth? was it some God? What were they talking about?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by jhn7537

i like where you're going with this one, but for this instance you cant step in and change history, you can only observe it.... Unless we want to open this thread to "altering" history too....I'm ok with both

That's why I said before I let him go back and make history. I should have explained that one better.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

spec

That was almost my first choice... Basically I want to know where Man and civilization come from.. Was it Other Humans who came down to Earth? was it some God? What were they talking about?

Yea imagine going back and witnessing the sumerian people dealing with the Annunaki.... Would be totally crazy...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wow... What a question. I must have started and stopped half a dozen times for what I'm sure I'd want to see. Hitler or George Washington's births? (for different reasons of course...lol) The Asteroid off the Yucatan? Krakatoa's Eruption? I considered all of those.... tempting..Oh but ONLY one? That kills me. Just one....

Okay... After probably putting entirely too much thought into it, I came up with what I would want if only one event in history could be seen. Not changed...just witnessed. I would want to be at the last resting/hiding place of the Arc of The Covenant as it was placed there. The wonder of the real object, as described, would be worth the choice, alone. Knowing where it should be today, not to take it, but to know if others already have...would be priceless. Definitely my choice.

Now if fate said no, that would answer something even more important and I'd take Krakatoa as my consolation prize. The largest sound ever known to have ocurred on Earth and one of, if not THE largest Volcanic eruption known by man during a period man was around to record it. Oh the wonder of watching that in some form of safety.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That depends could you alter that event if you could I would go back to my freshman year of high school to the first time I got in trouble cause of a fight I got in I would go back and tell myself not to go to that fight

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

that would be my first choice too. but my second would be to go back to the dinosaurs, to see what they actually look like.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Now if fate said no, that would answer something even more important and I'd take Krakatoa as my consolation prize. The largest sound ever known to have ocurred on Earth and one of, if not THE largest Volcanic eruption known by man during a period man was around to record it. Oh the wonder of watching that in some form of safety.

Oh man, if it was purely to see something cool I would have gone with Tunguska. But now you make it a toss up between the two..... damn you bunny rabbit man!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Being a lover of nature I'd like to go back to see the earth before humans inhabited it..
Especially like to see dinosaurs.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The pyramids are tempting, but I'm thinking the library of Alexandria might be a good choice. Especially if somehow I could read and understand what I found there.

Only one is a tough choice.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That time back in the 40's when some random guy tripped over the curb in some empty street and landed flat on his face.
Just so someone could point and laugh at him.

edit on 8-4-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join