It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKY / BBC why the same content.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Seven days a week we see the news presented on both Sky and BBC, the main headlines are the same , but then the minor news items seem to a large percentage the same also . If ratings is the name of the game , pulling in viewing figures , why can I switch channels back and forth and see the same outlay. I know that regional news programmes offer local content that is not seen on national news. It seems to me the broadcasters have a stock set of news items for the day .........unless breaking news , that they religiously just relay to us . There are hundreds of news items occurring daily yet ITV , BBC , SKY rely on the same items. I am not a sheeple.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Totally agree it's the same Drivel on each news outlet, Instead of leaving the viewer to make thier own minds up by presenting events and facts as they are. Instead they push and spin thier opinion & propaganda onto the viewer I have noticed recently Sky is getting worse at this and desperate it is sickening really to the point I can't even watch for the moments of Incredulous comedy anymore.
MSM news is a Joke and more and more people are being made aware of thier snide tactics to influence opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That's why we come here
I usually only have limited net access and got into the routine of using this site as a central hub of world news and events
A one stop shop
Now that I have a normal connection I look at other places on the net and only check msn outlets to see what everyone's being told
But this is still my central hub
Even with the undeniable drop In quality in some respects

Resist Facebook !
edit on 8-4-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I find that TV channels, like all brands have a preconceived social stigma behind them.

People will buy or watch the brand they feel best suits their personality, and in many cases to make that personality physically visible to others.

Often times this can be a subconscious decision, but let me assure you it does happen and with a vast majority of the population.

While BBC for example might appeal to people who consider themselves sensible minded and proper.

SKY might appeal to someone who likes news but doesn't want to seem to interested.

(Just examples but the reality wouldn't be much more complicated)

Might seem stupid but it is how all other brands work and a TV channel or news program is no different.

So in summary if you are still following me, it doesnt matter what the content is just how people percieve the channel.
Which ultimately works in tptb favor for manipulating public opinion, all people get the same information while appearing to be different.
Sort of a masked unity.

If you look at state run media in a communist country for example there is one station and therefore it is obviously misleading.
The west has developed a smart way of brainwashing its people by making it appear there is difference when fundamentally its all the same.
You can see this technique all through western society such as the voting system where we vote between two people almost exactly the same, but both appeal to a different type of person.

Peace.

edit on 8-4-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I failed to say that I spend more news time watching RT Russian Television , they present an angle that is refreshing , but I am under no illiusion that RT has a set agenda they do , but they present a raw version of news , they show footage that the western outlets never show. OWS coverage on RT blew away the BBC and Sky for sure and the Syrian bloodbath that is taking place now.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And don't forget the Kieser Report is on RT Good Old Max always gives it both barrels to the greedy Money Manipulators. Always informative and seemingly unafraid is Max.
(yes I am ware that RT is agenda driven same as the rest but they get some sly punches in under the belt occasionally) check out the Kieser Report if you havent caught it well worth a half hour usually.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Most main stream media outlets gets their news stories from the same places so its not unusual.

Reuters which is owned by the Rothschilds, is the main source of information to most international news agencies, which unfortunatly leads to a slanted, biased, unimpartial, propaganda
based news.

top topics

join