It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA and Pentagon Plan for Worse Case in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Russia, USA, France, Britain, Israel and other nations with a substantial military-industrial complex and ultra-capitalism RELLY ON INSTABILITY throughout the world so that new weapons get made, more bullets, more drug money for the elite and politicians that are in their pockets getting a cut, more fear, more war....etc!

To deny this means naivety and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

www.fugitive.com

The American CIA and Pentagon planners wonder if Mexico will implode and lose the country to drug cartels. We face the possibility of having the 11th largest country in the world being ruled by vicious drug cartels next door to our country. This will have catastrophic effects on the United States in terms of crime, massive US military commitment, millions of people fleeing the war and violence in Mexico and humanitarian aid of enormous proportions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This quote is not from a serious piece of journalism. At tme least it is naive about Mexico at present, or it has an agenda other than the truth.

First, of course the US military and sate department will have contingency plans if Mexico goes belly up. I know for a fact that they have contingency books on about every possible event that can happen around the world. (A current thread on ATS discusses the US miliitary's contingency plans for an alien attack--Not surprising!)

Second, the false part of that article overlooks the obvious fact that Mexico is owned by the cartels. They control everything they WANT to control. The do that with money and simple threats--"I have an offer that you cannot refuse." What they don't want to control, they leave in the hands of the government. It is a simple plan and works like a charm for everybody.

Third, the remittances sent to Mexico by family members, legal and illegal, working in the US is constantly falling. Mexico needs those billions of dollars form the cartels. Without that money drained from the US economy, Mexico would collapse in short order.

Fourth, the so-called War on Drugs is a joke. It is not designed to win.As long as it continually fails to stop the flow of drugs across the border, the American taxpayer is getting a free ride. That is because that money going south is willingly given from the pockets of the drug users in the US.

The scenario is quite simple. If the drug funds were cut off, Mexico's infrastructure and national government would fall apart. Guess who would ride in like the Long Ranger to the rescue with billions of government funds stripped from US taxpayers? Obamo on a white horse. But even those efforts would not be enough. Millionsof Mexicans would rush the border while billions of dollars on pallets went south by official policy orders. It would be an invasion without end because they KNOW they can get free stuff up here. And since they know it, they will come The southern states would become war fronts as military and civilian "volunteers" struggled to contain the flow and provide some semblence of order to the mess--often with bullets. The likely end result would be an armed confrontation between the southern US states and those that would remain under federal control. In short a civil war.

So the US federal government is quite happy that the War on Drugs has never worked and they don't want it to work as it keeps from happening what I've just described as the worst possible outcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What you all fail to understand is that the richest of the elite families, have always dealt drugs.
The Opium wars were fought in china to keep the population addicted not to free them!
The Queen and her royal forebears were drug dealing big time then....
The largest fortunes in the world are all drug money.........
Daddy bush, jeb and george into it up to their eyeballs......
Mena airport check it out.......
No hope for the little guys without getting rid of the elite.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

So the US federal government is quite happy that the War on Drugs has never worked and they don't want it to work as it keeps from happening what I've just described as the worst possible outcome.

"So the US federal government is quite happy that the War on Drugs has never worked and they don't want it to work..."

So you do think there are ulterior motives in keeping the Drug War going when it is desired that the war fail? You condition:

" as it keeps from happening what I've just described as the worst possible outcome."

Your 'worst possible outcome' scenario I suggest bears scrutiny:

The scenario is quite simple. If the drug funds were cut off, Mexico's infrastructure and national government would fall apart.

-snip the diatribe about US taxpayers riding in on a white horse to aid the distraut and displaced Mexicans-

The likely end result would be an armed confrontation between the southern US states and those that would remain under federal control. In short a civil war.

So the US engages in the Drug War to help prevent its own civil war?

Marvelous!

...the remittances sent to Mexico by family members, legal and illegal, working in the US is constantly falling. Mexico needs those billions of dollars form the cartels. Without that money drained from the US economy, Mexico would collapse in short order.

I admit Mexico's highways and general infrastructure has shown many improvements this past decade or so. I doubt the drug trade has been contributing as much to our economy as you may think. Mexico's economy has been developing and improving while the US has been in decline. Check to see where your US car was manufactured.

Most Mexicans have no desire to leave Mexico and those remittances are dropping as many people are returning from the US while more are not answering to the beckoning call from US business leaders keeping an opening for them with a promise of big wages if they work, keep quiet, and don't ask for benefits or legal recognition. That life has become less appealing for many not up for the adventure these days, Mexico is thriving.

Remember which side of the border the biggest mark-up is made. I would submit the US economy is as much if not more dependent on that trade as Mexico. Like the petro-dollar this trade is also globally handled in US dollars benefiting US banks which are virtual laundromats for the entire industry. www.abovetopsecret.com...

US is the top consumer of this product where big money is exchanged on its streets and powerful factions within its systems control global trafficking. Its prohibition policies perpetuate a lucrative and unaccountable sub-economy assuring high profit and an open door into people's homes and personal lives in the interest of national security against the threat of narco-terrorism.

The US has a lot at stake in this game, and they own the playboard. If even one nation were to completely normalize relations with just one particular plant and unrestrictedly be able to reap benefit from all the uses it could provide then the whole global Drug War industry and sub-economy collapses and would not be sustainable. The whole game would tumble like a house of cards.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This seems to be a lot of fear/war mongering. However at the same time the cartels have infiltrated virtually every level of the mexican government. Government officials, police, military, you name it. So at the same time I could see how this fear would come about. Although I doubt the cartel infiltrators will let the charade end so quickly. They desire stability as much as we do in so far as keeping their operations afloat and without much interference (i.e. the united states).

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
This seems to be a lot of fear/war mongering. However at the same time the cartels have infiltrated virtually every level of the mexican government.

Think Mena, AK and the previous three US Presidents' names come to mind. That's about as high of a level in the US government there is. Think about four Prez's back under Reagan's watch and even then I believe there was some drug-dealing hankypanky Mr. Ollie North could tell us more about as well. During Vietnam wasn't there some government drug operations concerning Air America?

No, I don't think it's just Mexico that has drug cartels. Or does the US have another name it prefers, like "competitive interests" perhaps?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So, the United States funds drug dealers and militant gangs in Mexico, in exchange these cartels would act as informants on any illegal activity that might threaten the United States or U.S. citizens. Now, we have evidence that various intelligence agencies are planning for a collapse, even though it's most likely much of the government in Mexico collapsed long ago. Why should we be surprised? Isn't it obvious that there have been ulterior motives from the very start? Namely, to subvertly and slowly weaken the Mexican government until complete collapse, then since you already have power with these rogue/vigilante/drug/gang factions, place them into power and pay them to do your bidding.

I'm not saying that this is how it is, I'm just saying, "what if?"

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

AlienSun
Were you trying to disagree with the article?? You just said the same thing it was saying..

You're confusing me.
edit on 4/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resonant
So, the United States funds drug dealers and militant gangs in Mexico, in exchange these cartels would act as informants on any illegal activity that might threaten the United States or U.S. citizens. Now, we have evidence that various intelligence agencies are planning for a collapse, even though it's most likely much of the government in Mexico collapsed long ago. Why should we be surprised? Isn't it obvious that there have been ulterior motives from the very start? Namely, to subvertly and slowly weaken the Mexican government until complete collapse, then since you already have power with these rogue/vigilante/drug/gang factions, place them into power and pay them to do your bidding.

I'm not saying that this is how it is, I'm just saying, "what if?"

Maybe the black market is all that's really left to keep the economy afloat. Or, I'll explain it this way: Maybe if the many factions of the U.S. Government actually did what they they tell the populous they do, it would be the death-blow to the dwindling economy. Maybe that is why they support those that they claim to be an enemy.
I think that may be giving too much credit to the government though.
By thinking the FBI, ATF, Border Patrol, Numerous Sheriff Dept., and the Pentagon could actually work together for a common goal. Wishful thinking I.M.O.. But hey, my ears are still open.
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Erongaricuaro may be right.

While all other agencies and law enforcement are caught up in squabbles trying to all get their hands in the cookie jar, the pentagon may be eyeballing Mexico's natural resources.
Thanks for the heads up Amigo.
Beyond drugs there's money, beyond money there's oil, beyond oil there's power.
The last thing that I want is our military crossing that border that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The US is so gung ho to invade foreign countries, so why not Mexico? This is the one country that could actually benefit from a temporary US occupation. I doubt we even have the resources, without spending even more taxpayer dollars, to field a sizable force in Mexico due to so many resources being allocated in the Middle East.

Not to mention we are, both openly and clandestinely, currently deployed in 7 or 8 countries the last time I counted. But most people don't realize that fact. I say let the military overthrow the cartels. Either that or legalize illegal substances, which would effectively cease the cartels' reason for existing.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The trouble I have with all this, is that things have been much worse in Mexico than they are today. There are so many more dealers with links to Mexico, than there are terrorist elements from any other nation, currently at work in the USA at any one time. And yet, the threat of generations of people being addicted to the drugs that the US government prohibits, does not move them to go to the lengths to which they will go to battle some unseen religious zealots?

The US government would have its people believe that the laws which prohibit the sale , possesion and ingestion of such substances, are thier for the protection of the people, but it has to be accepted that for many years, these laws have failed to keep drugs off the streets , out of the neighborhoods which thier consumption most effects, and out of the veins of those who take them. Despite the cost of these substances, many US citizens get thier fix regardless, and some will do pretty much anything to ensure they have thier stash. Robbery, murder, extortion... all is fair in love and addiction so it seems. The government would have you believe that the US is under a creeping attack, from an enemy which seeks to undermine the very minds of the people, and make them slaves to chemical oblivion.

If this is the case, why not make a decent job of defending the borders, patrolling the coasts to sweep for drug subs and boats, and ensuring that no loopholes remain through which drugs may enter the nation? Why not shift focus from the War on Terror, to the actual threat, right on the doorstep?

This is because, despite protestations to the contrary, the US government is RESPONSIBLE for the existance of the cartels, and thier level of militarisation. The US governments CIA is responsible for the transportation of drugs, arms and all sorts of other things that the US citizenry would rather didnt pass between Mexico and the states, and has assets in Mexico whose sole task is "handling" various figures in the emerging chaos, overwhom they have in many cases, had power for some years. They make a metric crap ton of money by using these cartels as shadow armies, and as cash cows, taking thier percentage, and hiding it, off the books of any government department.

One can only guess at the direction in which these monies travel, and thier end destinations, or what they are used for at the end of thier journey. Perhaps they wind up in the protected accounts of the most wealthy power brokers on the globe. Perhaps those monies get ploughed into black budget projects that would baffle and disgust the average tax paying citizen of the US.

The fact that no one knows, is the sole reason that none of this can be proved, and none of the crimes that have been committed against the US by its own protectorate will ever be truely discovered in thier wholeness, nor will responsible parties be punished in the least. The roots of this crapfest go further back in history than anyone is willing to delve, and deeper into the heart of the modern USA than most would credit. The chances are that this cancer is so deep that to excise it might even kill the country dead, as all the powerstructures that this illegal activity supports, fall to ruin.

I will bet you any money you care to name, that at least one president in the last twenty years has campaigned on a budget heavily funded by drug money. It wouldnt be as simple as checking of course, but put it this way, you would have to be on crack to have put Bush up for a second term, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We need to seal the border now with a major military presence to prevent any further encroachment by illegals and those seeking to enter under cover of such a mass migration.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

I suspect the CIA has been preparing for that scenario for the past few years. If they are saying anything to the public, it means that they have already planed it out fully.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I've been to Mexico several times. I have friends there. But I'm not blind to what I see there and here and what the future could hold. Can you not see it? Does not the thought of the power of the cartels over the government and the life of the ordinary citizen cause you to to cringe and curse the day that drugs became the strongest element to the Mexican economy?

It is always quite humorous when Mexican supporters, such as even your Presidents, and now you, support your country's right to harbor monsterous illegal empires right under your noses and then blame us for building them for you. But then, that is what keeps that country afloat. What are YOU doing to change that wretched system rather than be an apologist for it?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Legalize all drugs and the cartels disappear.

How many Italian mob families are still making huge profits from bootlegging alcohol? None? Yeah...

I don't have to buy alcohol from the shady dealer from down the street, I can buy it from a company like Budweiser. Likewise, if all drugs were legalized, I wouldn't have to buy drugs from criminals, I could just buy them from entrepreneurs instead.

The cartels will never go away as long as there is a "black market" for any good or service. Any jackass who understands the basics of free market economics, or history, knows this.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

www.fugitive.com

The American CIA and Pentagon planners wonder if Mexico will implode and lose the country to drug cartels. We face the possibility of having the 11th largest country in the world being ruled by vicious drug cartels next door to our country. This will have catastrophic effects on the United States in terms of crime, massive US military commitment, millions of people fleeing the war and violence in Mexico and humanitarian aid of enormous proportions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

what a complete bunch of propaganda bull chit that statement is. the US is already run by the drug cartel known as the DEA and backed by corrupt legislators. we make money with the cartel and supply them with air support and weapons in some cases. just ask anyone how the poppy fields are looking since the US soldiers in Afghanistan, have helped them increase production 92% since we sent troops their.

sad part is people eat this crap up like it's from god.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well how convenient to blame other countries for their own problems, México has been in the past the expiatory goat, and now again to raise sensationalism. Good for them, but if they care some advice, solve your own problems and then think of other countries worst scenarios. I mean, what's next? Invade México to save their citizens. Instead of "Kony 2012" will it be "Pancho 2012". Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
mexico should declare a state of emergency, impose martial law and hunt down all those responsible.

mexico is literally in war, with the cartels aiming to overthrow the government or install puppets.

in war you use bullets, not warrants, lawyers and judges.

drastic measures need to be taken, including assassinations. there should be death bounties on all the leaders.

$10 million for a major trafficker, wanted dead, not alive will get all sort of people hunting.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

It is always quite humorous when Mexican supporters, such as even your Presidents, and now you, support your country's right to harbor monsterous illegal empires right under your noses and then blame us for building them for you. But then, that is what keeps that country afloat. What are YOU doing to change that wretched system rather than be an apologist for it?

Interesting that you find humor in an extremely perverse situation throughout Latin America your country's drug cravings and national interests support. We are hoping the summit in Cartagena, Colombia will produce solidarity for a call to put these cartels out of business with sensible policy solutions. Obama is expected to attend this event and it is also expected it will be he who nixes our policy solutions and will offer more American taxpayer money to increase Drug War prohibition efforts. That is not the worst part:

You suggest in your previous post the US purposefully pursues an unworkable international Drug War policy with an intent that it fail, and does so with the sublimely preposterous motive that it continue as such in order to ultimately prevent another US civil war. As ludicrous as that sounds there may be some truth in it though, the US has a hand in virtually all the illicit drug trafficking that goes on in this world and uses its military strength to see that the trade remains controlled yet unimpeded. It is the US economy that benefits more than any other country from this illicit global trade and perpetuates it for its own national interests.

I fail to detect a note of apology in my postings on this matter. You, on the other hand, offer reasoning for the US to pursue a war campaign and misrepresent it to its people and that is intentionally directed to fail for national security interests in the guise of altruism. If I possessed sociopathic tendancies I suppose I could find humor in that as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

sure call it agent orangish

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join