It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns the land?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Who owns the land? Nowadays you have to BUY land. As I live in England, I can say you buy land here from the council, or another person who bought it from the council. You can't just walk into the middle of a wood and stop in one place and say "This is my land." I mean you can, but no one would recognize you as the true owner. And if you built a house on that land they would come and knock it down. Because it's their land. My question is, who gave it to them? And who recognized it when they said it's theirs? Let's take America for an example. The land used to belong to the Indians. Then you have all these white men coming from Europe, settling down in places, cultivating some land, building a farm around and houses. Yeah that's fine, why not. But at one point that man says: "This is my land." Does that make is his land? If I wanted to play there could I not? If he said it's his land, I say, "Who gave it to you?" Obviously the answer is "I was here first". Fair enough, there's plenty more land around, I'll just go somewhere else. Not that I (or anyone) recognize that land as his, but since I don't want to fight, I leave and find myself another piece of land. But again, at one point, a group of people say: "All the land is ours." Who were they? Who gave them the land? And most importantly: who recognized it as theirs? Why is it that I can't settle today on an apparently free piece of land? How did it start? And if it's whoever was here first, Indians can say they were here first, and they're right! So why is not all the land theirs? Same goes for Australia. White man takes land from aboriginal, nowadays you have the debates, white man tries to LEASE land back to original owner. WTF? For story please read www.crikey.co...-little-secret... I know one thing. Even IF the government truly and justly owned ALL land (which they don't, unless everyone says they do, but why would we? Hang on, we do! [??]), even then, if you need if to build a house on, you should get it free. A certain amount for everyone. Let's take me for exapmle. I got married to a Ukrainian woman. Every couple that get married get land. Free. And we did. 16m by 110m. Behind the last houses in a street. How it works is, her parents are using it to grow stuff for now. When we move there, if we build a house on it, electricity and other services will be extended for a few metres so we get access. This is how it should be. Council tax does not exist. Of cource there is street lighting and the bins get taken away. This is what tax is paid for. What I don't understand is where tax in the UK goes. So I have to pay stupid council tax here. Again, WTF? I could go on and on and on. But the question is, who owns the land, what gave them the right to say it's theirs, and who is it recognized by? Not me for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How deep do you have to dig before that land becomes someone-else's property? How high do you have to go on your land before the same question arises?

If the wind blows hard and displaces bits of my garden into my next door neighbours, can I claim compensation for loss of land?

Free hold in the UK is more like renting for longer term.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
sorry.....wrong forum......as you were soilder!

edit on 8/4/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Mate, just because you live in Stockport and this is about land ownership; don't be mean!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

changed it now, LOL dam, should have quoted you

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Land is taken by force and kept by force. Unfortunately Governments have a monopoly on "force" and the "justified" use of it...so ultimately governments are the only ones who truly "own land".

No one one in the US owns land...if you own something you don't pay a yearly tax on it...no one ever owns their houses either, as what is the point of owning a structure that is on land you don't own?

Stop paying your property taxes and see how long the real owners continue to let you say that you "own" that land...

Since the earth has a finite landscape, one can see where this is eventually heading as governments continue to take and own more and more land and lease it out to people who actually think they "own it"....All the land is owned already...and all people born under that system are subject to be born trespassing and spend the rest of their lives indebted to the people who conquered all the lands of earth long ago.

One can simply disregard the authority or government and stop paying taxes but that is a battle you will lose.

People have been tricked into accepting this under the guise of a common social structure ie: government...

"we all own the land as we are all part of the nation"...problem is, why would anyone who "owns" something continue to pay for it indefinitely...to "government" or anyone else...I would argue whoever is receiving that payment are the actual owners, as the second you stop paying, you lose your PRIVILEGED to live on that land anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good question to ask... I have always wondered the same thing.

Nobody "owns" land. It could be destroyed by nature at any time. So how does anyone claim to "own" it?

But there are "rights" to property, and there in is the question... who has the right to the property?

S&F, but next time, please break up your sentences... it was hard to read.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
True test of ownership or the litmus test of ownership :

Try to give it(land) away for free and soon you'll find out who actually owns the land .

In UK no one can own a land unless they are a Sovereign in their own right and have made a deal with others like themselves .

When one accepts the " citizenship " deal , one also accepts to act in the capacity of a " citizen " .

However , nothing stops anyone to declare themselves a Sovereign either .

For the record , Sovereign Citizen is an oxymoron .

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rolci
Again, WTF? I could go on and on and on. But the question is, who owns the land, what gave them the right to say it's theirs, and who is it recognized by? Not me for sure.

Doesn't matter if you recognize it or not. You're not in charge. Sly1 has got it preety much down. The "established order" makes the rules, which often entail thousands of years of legal authority. Land is taxed because "it" receives services. Roads that allow you access to land have to be paid for. The same with fire departments that protect the land from damage. By long standing mutual agreement of our forefathers, it has been established that local government is to be partially paid for through land taxes. We didn't make the rules, but (in my case) some guys back in 1889 did, and I'm stuck with them. And though people gripe about the amount of taxes they pay, the structure itself is about the last thing on anybody's mind to change. Had you, Rolci, been alive and active in 1889, perhaps you could have made a difference. Alas, you were born too late. Tough, I know.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I remember a case in England that a squatter inherited land that he had been squatting on, after 50 years. He had been squatting on the land all that time.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"By transferring the ownership of my gold (that I processed myself out of the Earth), I will take this plot of soil to bury my body when I am dead. See to it."

"As sure as your signature states this, it will be done, sir."

"Place a marker here so that noone living disturbs me further..."

"Ofcourse."

Glad doing business with you!

By a 4-3 margin, Huntington Beach planners Tuesday approved a proposal to build 22 homes...

edit on (4/8/1212 by loveguy because: "There's y'er sign"

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As far as I am aware the queen owns most of the land in Britain, or the monarchy at least.
In a sense most people who buy land are only leasing it from them and it could be taken away at any moment.

This isn't well known but is true.

Also bankers (connected with the monarchy) brought up a lot of the land in Britain during the Napoleonic time.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

I have also asked myself that very question.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

If you are English, Canadian, NZer, Australian or American; you need to look at the Freeman's Laws which still legally apply today however you have to be very well knowledged in these laws to use them.

new topics

top topics

join