It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum cancels campaign events to be with sick daughter..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'll be clear right from the beginning, I don't think there is a single thing I agree with Rick Santorum on.

However I am also a parent. There is a point at which the whole left/right, conservative/liberal, christian/atheist distinctions become relatively unimportant as we all become just people dealing with the issues of life. Rick Santorum'a actions in forgoing campaign activities to be with his daughter is a decision of high character and has my total respect.

While he and I may not pray to the same god or gods, |I cannot believe any god would not listen to a prayer for a sick child. Your daughter has mine Rick.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Good to see he's got enough morality to put his family before his campaign. That speaks well for him. Hope his daughter is OK.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
it's good he's doing that, but I swear, this very same thread has existed EXACTLY like this before.
i'm not even kidding. it feels almost like it was worded the same too.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
it's good he's doing that, but I swear, this very same thread has existed EXACTLY like this before.
i'm not even kidding. it feels almost like it was worded the same too.

It probably did because his daughter was hospitalized a few months back too.I agree with the op though,at some point we've all got to realize we're all human even if we disagree.My prayers are with them as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

As I understand his daughter has been sick for sometime, I just don't know how he managed to continue on with the campaign to this point, his family really had to try and put on a show in spite of this at his rallies. I really hope his daughter recovers, I'm sure parents from all political groups can understand what his family may be going through right now..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

they won't. Politicians/political tv will attack his daughter as much as possible. I remember the McCain/Palin campaigning. People were making fun of Palin (palin's daughter?) autistic child. Seriously the baby is autistic and can't defend itself. I think Palin is a dumbazz but there was no reason for the democrats to attack the baby

new topics

top topics

join