It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What about those that are about to live? Are they not important?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Let's not by cynical, It couldn't have been an easy experience.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes actually I've been over a few of those things... But you don't read my posts! Do you! lol... You say we should stay out of your family members uteri, well I say don't murder a baby and I will! It's like me saying "I want to kill my kids, I've had enough of them now, they're just too much" "Wait what? You want to force me to keep looking after them? You're sick! Stay out of my life"

Just even more failed logic! The baby is a life too! And you admit that because you wouldn't kill a newborn baby! Or would you? hmmmm

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

"There is nothing more sacred with the bodily function of procreation that of any other excretion that the body performs to keep us alive. NOTHING! "

=======

Ok so when you use the restroom your saying the experience is the same as having a baby or choosing to abort one?

You said any other excretion.

I believe you believe what you say, But don't you see flaws?
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

Digestion, the respiratory process, ear wax and belly button cheese are no more or less sacred that my monthly bloody days. Accidentally getting pregnant, rape and incest are not divine or sacred.

Having the constant presence unwanted intruder, taking away from your bones, stressing your kidney's, bloating your feet and making sure that you can't keep food down, bringing migraine headaches, heartburn and back aches, as a constant reminder of the unholy demon parasite living within your unwelcoming womb is NOT sacred.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No you are confused about what is living! I've given you human beings that fit your criteria! Even ones that are full blown adults! From your criteria you would not class them as alive! But you have not yet said you would blow their brains out!

You're talking about 17 week old babies! I showed you a picture of one... So what is the difference of that and a newborn? You won't reply to it because you know there is no difference!

Getting pregnant is not a bodily function! You don't just get pregnant! You have to do something for that to happen! Not sure if you're aware...

You say I hate women, I hate women that hate babies so much they would kill them! The same way I hate any kind of murderer. And there are things women can do to not become pregnant! They can even have their eggs taken out, tubes tides and have the eggs frozen!

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you would to be honest. (pull the plug)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts to pen. You spoke clearly, sincerely and considering you had an abortion, I'd say you spoke bravely.

Hope that some who read this consider the gravity of the situation and perhaps re-think their perspective.

"Now every age had heard it, this voice that speaks from Hell. Sacrifice your children and for you it will be well."

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Digestion, the respiratory process, ear wax and belly button cheese are no more or less sacred that my monthly bloody days. Accidentally getting pregnant, rape and incest are not divine or sacred. Having the constant presence unwanted intruder, taking away from your bones, stressing your kidney's, bloating your feet and making sure that you can't keep food down, bringing migraine headaches, heartburn and back aches, as a constant reminder of the unholy demon parasite living within your unwelcoming womb is NOT sacred.

How on earth do you "accidentally" get pregnant?

Yes rape, incest etc are horrific circumstances! But they are not the fault of the baby! To go about and call it a demon! Wow, I've never seen such vile hatred towards an innocent baby before! What could the baby do about it exactly? I mean, what?

You punish the ones that have done the crime! Not the baby!

You talk as though babies attack the mother! You just really hate kids don't you? Sad...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Wow really sounds like you didn't like the guy you slept with....

Unborn children are no more or less parasitic then us.

And I'd like to believe we're human beings and not parasites. But we are a parasitic host to this earth if you want to talk like that.

Would that make you the bigger parasite wanting to remove your baby?

Women should take pregnancy as a blessing and not a curse. I wish I could create a life, but I cant. Only women can. I feel your pain that pregnancy is hard, but its so temporary. And to call the unborn child a parasite. Just shows how you think...

We're not parasites we are human beings. remember that, human beings we make mistakes. It's ok.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Lets stop killing viable human beings that have been on this earth and are starving or being blown up or limbs cdut off before bring some new ones in to this chaos we call humanity. Abortion is a women and mans choice if there is a god they will have to answer for that. Be pro life but fight for the lives that are being taken everywhere. Murder is murder whether abortion, warfare, crime, starvation. Tired of the argument. Adopt all the unwanted babies they need a good home.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Don't give up on the unborn just because of so much suffering that is already happening on a day to day basis. One of those unborn might save your life later or someone in your family's lives.

think about that.

And I agree I wish I could do more for those suffering, but we have been divided and conquered. The suffering is intentional, a few control many. And without suffering those few wouldn't have the control.

edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: edit family's

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Just because other people are being killed and injured does not mean that we should go around killing babies though does it? Should we not fight for what you're talking about? No I'm not saying that, of course we should. But it's not like we don't talk about that. I'm very anti war, starvation etc.

You say it's the man and womans right... Really? So can they change their minds when the baby is born? "Erm sorry doc, don't like the look of that one! We'll just try again!"

How can you have the right to kill another human being? That's totally insane!

Edit: Sorry you said choice, but it is the same thing as right in this instance.
edit on 8-4-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts to pen. You spoke clearly, sincerely and considering you had an abortion, I'd say you spoke bravely.

Hope that some who read this consider the gravity of the situation and perhaps re-think their perspective.

"Now every age had heard it, this voice that speaks from Hell. Sacrifice your children and for you it will be well."

Thank you for the video. It's was a must watch for me. I wasn't sure about the music, but then it just went together. Two words for it. Inspiring. and educational..
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: not two words one word fits it a bit more , I don't want to put awesome anywhere near the abortion debate

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

If you don't know about accidental pregnancies, then you must be very young and naive.

You need to grow up and stop screaming at people who disagree with you, and who you have no control over. Hate will get you nowhere, my friend.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable debating on the Westboro Baptist web site, the way you throw around rude insults and ignorant slurs, make judgments and assumptions and ignore truth, as if you would even know what it is.

I came here for a civil conversation about abortion, as it is in the news these days. I didn't come hear to be redressed by loud mouth trolls who have no logical arguments, just an ideological fairy land ideas of forcing a woman into the role of baby maker, and just scream over and over again that abortion is murder.

edit on 8-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hands down, the two happiest days of my life were the days my sons were born. All this talk about parasites is demeaning to the unborn, the handicapped, the severely infirm and you could go so far as saying that about the kid that you are putting through college or your daughter who got a divorce, lost her job and moved back home with her 3 kids.

The OP made a statement in her first post to the effect that kids are the best thing that will ever happen to you.

I can not imagine life without them.

From all the posts about this issue that I've read here at ATS it is the people who have experienced abortion whose words strike me the strongest. They are undeniable. They have/had grief,sorrow and remorse. Those of you who dismiss their words so vehemently wouldn't open your mouth if you walked a mile in their shoes.

Dr. Paul said when a woman is pregnant there at two patients, not one. He also said abortion is a violent crime. How can you argue with that?

How would it sit with you if the person you love most in the world was never here because they were aborted?

edit on 4/8/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I posed you many many logical arguments! It was you that had nothing! You still haven't answered 90% of the questions I posed to you! "Screaming"? Wow this has turned into an audio site where my words are turned into vocal emotions? Why wasn't I informed?

I've stated many times that I am not religious, I believe in god as much as I do santa claws... It is just totally illogical to say that you can kill a baby at such and such an age, but not this age... Or that you can kill it because it is not aware! Newborn babies are not aware! It makes no sense!

I've not called you any names or made any attacks towards you, but my points are very valid ones and they are proven by your lack of responses . I'm sorry that your book didn't help you answer my questions.

One more important point, not sure if you've seen it but recently there have been articles about certain scientists that say killing children up to 3 is acceptable, as it's no different from abortion. I agree, it isn't any different! I however think neither are acceptable! an you not see that the disregard for life will open the floodgates for this kind of things? Read the article, please.www.telegraph.co.uk...

I didn't come into the thread to fight with you, but you're defending baby murder, I'm sorry, that's all it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this issue. I do believe that abortion is wrong in most cases, but as always there are exceptions. That being said, I do support abortion. Simply because I do not feel the need to make some one choose one way or the other. I am a firm believer in letting people choose, So, I would let some one choose, even if it was the worst mistake a mother could make. Some may argue that it is killing, and they could be right. I would rather have abortions legal and practiced by doctors who know what they are doing than back alley doctors and a coat hanger.

I understand both sides, but I simply believe that everyone should have a choice. Even if they hate themselves for what they choose, they should have that right. It may be a hard lesson for some one to learn but they should have the choice to learn it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Abortion isn't wrong, you're free to have a choice when it comes to your own body/life/offspring, at least one of the freedoms we still have, to a certain extent. Who are you to be the judge?

As long as babies are being born unwanted, abortion will exist whether you want it or not. By making it legal it can be controlled and be done in a much safer manner. Anti-abortion laws will have the same effect as anti-drug laws, you'll push it into illegality... ignoring it since it "doesn't exist anymore" cause you banned it, very logical indeed

I don't believe in man made religions...

Sure you don't...

Abortion is EVIL. God gave you that life and you throw it away.

If you're trying to have a decent discussion be more consequent in what you say, and for **** sake let others have a say too. You ask for contribution but have made more than 40% of the posts in this thread...
edit on 8-4-2012 by AphexTwins because: Removed faulty smilies

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowK

What about the babies choice? Your argument is a logical fallacy that I've already thoroughly gone over,,, I do know what you're saying, but you are totally disregarding the child in all of this... If the mother has the right to kill a baby inside her womb, then why not outside? I can't see any reason at all for a baby being murdered. Why does the baby not have a right to live? Can you at least answer that? I'm all for rights, but shouldn't everyone have them?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I know, that music is creepy almost to the point of sounding evil. When I play that song my cats run out of the room.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AphexTwins

Again if what you say is true do you have the right to kill a newborn? Just as the "experts" are saying? I mean why not? They're your offspring right? You can do what you like with them. How about turn them over to the sex trade? Why not? Who can tell you what to do with your offspring?

Btw I think I probably made more comments than the OP! lol...

Bottom line, everyone has the basic right to life, you can not argue that, surely? Just because they are inside and not visible that means they lose that right? But as soon as you pop out it's hey presto, rightsvile here we come?

It makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join