It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

"120 days, or 4 months is acceptable cut off for non emergency abortions."

Acceptable for who? Have you even thought to see what the baby would think about it? What's that, they can't think about it? Well neither can a newborn baby or even a 1 tear old! So by your logic they must be okay to kill too!

I do not think it's acceptable at all! It's murder, plain and simple...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

Also conception is the beginning of life because with out the sperm and the egg coming together there would be no life.

No. The sperm is alive. It is a living thing. The ovum is also alive and is a living thing. When conception happens, the sperm injects chromosomal material into the ovum which starts a chemical reaction and cell division begins. I really don't see that a new life, but a continuation of a cycle. Nothing holy, divine or sacred. Chances are, the women's body will throw off the fertilized egg anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So shouldn't we let nature takes its place? Or wait we're human and we've developed advancements for women...

Advancement being being able to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. I don't understand how women groups support this practice.

These women one day if their lucky will become loving mothers. That's what women should want it's only natural to care for your kin. I guess we're taking natural out of the human equation and going with our "advancements".

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Is anything holy, divine , or sacred to you?

Because the beginning of a human life should be up the top of that list. It's one of the most pure experiences a human can experience. Bringing in a human life. God is giving you the ability to play god. Why not play God the right way?

O ya because we have choices and we are flawed human beings. That's the only reason I can think of.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The sperm is not a human being, is it? The egg is not a human being, is it? You need BOTH together before it can become a human being! Your supposed "acceptable" cut of date clearly shows a human being too, but you would kill it anyway. So why bother going right back to the start?

"The body will likely throw off the egg anyway" Oh well that's ok then... Just like we are likely to die at some point from natural causes, so it must be ok to kill anyone regardless of age?

Like I've said your logic is totally flawed, it's ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

Is anything holy, divine , or sacred to you?

Because the beginning of a human life should be up the top of that list. It's one of the most pure experiences a human can experience. Bringing in a human life. God is giving you the ability to play god. Why not play God the right way?

O ya because we have choices and we are flawed human beings. That's the only reason I can think of.

We play god every day as humans. We send our sons, proudly, to war. We decide who to feed and who to starve, who to treat for disease and who to let die. I remember when Christian Americans were gleefully praising the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasake!

There is nothing more sacred with the bodily function of procreation that of any other excretion that the body performs to keep us alive. NOTHING!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

The only continuation of a cycle I believe you might know about is the constant denial...

Did you know if you lie to yourself you will condition yourself into believing the lie is in fact truth?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

In some countries it's acceptable to kill your daughter when she shames you - there's no timeline. She can be stoned at 10 or at 40... Acceptable? It's acceptable to kill your baby because it's not viable? I've seen "not viable". And I've seen the love and joy that it's brought to the lives of others. I said earlier that I do not advocate abortion, I don't advocate murder, I don't advocate the neglect of children either. I will however advocate any legislation that says its acceptable to condemn those who condemn others for not been viable.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

"There is nothing more sacred with the bodily function of procreation that of any other excretion that the body performs to keep us alive. NOTHING! "

=======

Ok so when you use the restroom your saying the experience is the same as having a baby or choosing to abort one?

You said any other excretion.

I believe you believe what you say, But don't you see flaws?
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

We do not send people to war! Politicians do! I've never sent anyone to war in my life!

And anyway, because some bad people send people to war that justifies killing babies? What the hell is wrong with you?

And that last bit about excretion is just mind boggling, like say what? Are you saying a living baby human being growing inside you is the same as poo or wee? Or maybe some puss out of a zit?
For real?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

The sperm is not a human being, is it? The egg is not a human being, is it? You need BOTH together before it can become a human being! Your supposed "acceptable" cut of date clearly shows a human being too, but you would kill it anyway. So why bother going right back to the start?

"The body will likely throw off the egg anyway" Oh well that's ok then... Just like we are likely to die at some point from natural causes, so it must be ok to kill anyone regardless of age?

Like I've said your logic is totally flawed, it's ridiculous!

It's a human sperm and a human ovum, but neither is a human lung, heart or brain a human being. Neither is a Zygote; Blastocyst; Embryo or Fetus a human being. A viable human being, breaths, thinks, maintains body temperature, etc.

You're just so caught up in other women's uteri, and what goes on in them, it makes me wonder where you are coming from.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

In some countries it's acceptable to kill your daughter when she shames you - there's no timeline. She can be stoned at 10 or at 40... Acceptable? It's acceptable to kill your baby because it's not viable? I've seen "not viable". And I've seen the love and joy that it's brought to the lives of others. I said earlier that I do not advocate abortion, I don't advocate murder, I don't advocate the neglect of children either. I will however advocate any legislation that says its acceptable to condemn those who condemn others for not been viable.

Great points and well said!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Dude, All those things you listed are human beings. It's how we become who we are today. Maybe not right out the womb, but with time...

It's a natural cycle just like aging. It isn't natural to use an "advancement" to abort a human being.

Your not , not human because your in the uterus.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You know what, I'll share a little more about myself.

When I was in the uterus my mom's mom's mom. Wanted me aborted. I was an unplanned pregnancy.

Let me tell you this, I bring a lot of joy to my family and vice versa. And my mom's mom's mom told me this, And I didn't know what to make of it, but now I do. It was meant to share with others.

And let me tell you she is one of my biggest supporters. How a Grand Mother should be.

I'm happy to tell you this, but sad to think of those that we're aborted and unable to bring happiness to this world.
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: little changes added a sentence or 2

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The sperm and egg are not integral to the operation of a human being! As are the other things you mention! You can live quite happily without sperm or eggs... Try living without your heart! or your lungs! Just more failed logic...

My concern is not the woman, they are old enough to look after themselves, even a really young one has a better ability of defending themselves than a baby does! The baby can not talk for itself!

I'm for individual rights, and I extend those rights to children of all ages, whatever their cognitive abilities. The right to life is a very fundamental one...

Let me ask you a very serious question, would you abort yourself? If the answer is no then I think you had better stop trying to decide when others will die!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

It is not my place to pass judgement on what other societies deem appropriate. I am not a missionary. I am NOT out to save the world. I only am concerned about what effects me and my family.

Stay out of mine, my daughter's and my nieces uteri! It's none of your business.

What you are advocating is forcing women, young or old, to carry and give birth to children that are unwanted for whatever reason. They don't need your input or approval.

Also, no one here is offering any cure, such as birth control, parental planning and training., sex education, etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Also, no one here is offering any cure, such as birth control, parental planning and training., sex education, etc.

======

It's not a cure for an abortion those are methods to prevent pregnancy.

And we all know the status quo is not working. So I agree with you, We are obviously doing something wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

"A viable human being, breaths, thinks, maintains body temperature, etc." So you do advocate killing disabled people too then! You would put the gun to the head of a human being with a severe learning difficulty and pull the trigger?

If you had a member of your family in a coma, would you pull the plug too?

How about someone that's had a terrible accident and need life support? You would knock them off as well?

There was a time when I was internally debating euthanasia, I was thinking, well if they're in a bad way, why not? Then I watched a documentary about a guy who had broken his spine and was laid there, seemingly dead to the world. The docs even thought he had no brain activity... Any way one day a nurse noticed that he was blinking at certain points, and it turned out he was not brain dead at all! And he didn't want to die! He even wrote a book, painstakingly through blinking when a particular letter was spoken... That did it for me.

Don't get me wrong, if the person wants to do it, then I wouldn't physically force them not to, try to persuade and help yes, but I'm for individual freedom. We can't make the decisions for others though.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

My concern is not the woman, they are old enough to look after themselves, even a really young one has a better ability of defending themselves than a baby does! The baby can not talk for itself!

I'm for individual rights, and I extend those rights to children of all ages, whatever their cognitive abilities. The right to life is a very fundamental one...

Let me ask you a very serious question, would you abort yourself? If the answer is no then I think you had better stop trying to decide when others will die!

It very obvious that you have contempt for a woman that who would terminate an unwanted pregnancy. You're advocating that biological processes take precendent over a woman's right. You're advocating rights for nonexistent people.

No a Zygote, blastocyst, embryo or fetus can't talk. They are not yet complete people. Unborn, would be people are not people. They have no such rights.

I advocate the rights of living.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

If you had a member of your family in a coma, would you pull the plug too?

Been there, done that, twice.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join