It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg
Hi,

Thanks for the post, I can feel your passion and emotion.

I have to say, as a younger man i really didnt think about it at all. The way we are educated its as though they made it seem as if it was normal, not a big deal. Its like they try to brainwash the public into thinking this is a viable contraceptive. I am disgusted with myself that i did not question this more deeply.

Im glad as a teenager I was never put in the situation where my girlfriend was pregnant and had to make a decision such as this one because i fear we would of made the wrong decision.

Now, i am totally against abortion unless the birth will be a direct threat to the woman's life. Even if a woman is raped and a child is conceived, this has no meaning on that childs life. All he deserves now is his mothers care and love.

I am Pro-Life

Cheers~

Cheeres my friend, May whatever forces that brought us here look over us. If thats God, aliens, God's aliens. I don't care, May we have it's blessing and continued grace to be in its presence.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

No they don't end up like that just because - that is what child neglect looks like in certain countries in this world. We beg for mercy when a person is suffering in their old age, we ask for the machines to be switched off, but we allow children to have an existance like this? Where their bodies curl up because of lack of excercise! These children aren't mentally retarded when born, they are mentally crippled in everyway when they die. Let me clear my stance here: I do not believe that children should be killed before birth. I do however believe even more that children should not live such misery. That day old babies should not be disposed of in garbage bins! I believe that neither is right, but I am saying that maybe abortion is merciful if you consider the alternatives of an "UNWANTED" child's life. It's euthanasia!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Volunteer in an orphanage - change nappies, feed babies... you don't have to be a kazillionaire to make a difference.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

Well at least some good came of this thread!

It's not about religion (I'm not religious) but it just makes sense! How can you advocate killing a baby inside the womb, but then say it's a crime and sick the moment it is born... Totally crazy logic to me... Look at the pictures I posted. People say that it is ok to kill those babies? I'm gobsmacked!

But hey good on you! At least you see it now, better late than never.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

"Don't flatter yourself. Nothing is going to change because of your little thread."

Well I think jeedawg just proved you wrong! But hey, you keep fighting for the right to kill babies! Good on you! /s

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your right I don't own the truth. No one does.

The truth my friend is only the truth, no ownership needed.

Your way off on how you think I'm thinking.

No I don't want my grand daughters to die in a back alley abortion, but at the same time I don't want my grand daughter to have an abortion. I'd rather see two new eyes in this world.

Well I believe your just masking your emotions... I might be wrong.

O and on nothing changing, Only time will tell. I hope things do change, and not like obama's hope. Which is fake.

I'm very impressed by your stance though, I think you are a strong person just a little off.

Because let me tell you it takes strength to not regret an abortion. I commend you for your strength not your deeds my friend.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You know what we are all brothers and sisters, I love everyone. I just wish others could feel the same way.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I'm not trying to be a jerk. I really appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How about we say that people who are pro abortion should be the first to practice what they preach and abort themselves? At least we would then know they really mean what they say and we can all choose whether we follow their fine example?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

That's a double edged sword. I don't think you literally want them to abort themselves. It would be more beneficial to society if we could just help these people. I want to help them I don't want them to kill themselves, or do I want them to kill their unborn son or daughter either for temporary satisfaction.
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: wording

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

I don't think its an abortion if the baby is dead, That's called still birth.

Why do you say 120 days? Why not conception? When the human body start's to form.

As the so-called Republican "War on Women" becomes more and more difficult to distinguish from an Orwellian horror story, the Georgia House of Representatives has upped the ante once again. After a 14 hour day of fist-fighting lobbyists and a Democratic walk-out, Theocratic Republicans passed HB 954. Known by Republicans as the "Fetal Pain Bill," and by everyone else as the "Women as Livestock Bill," HB 954 prohibits all abortions after 20 weeks -- including the removal of a potentially stillborn fetus.

Read that again: HB 954 prohibits all abortions after 20 weeks -- including the removal of a stillborn fetus. The bill is awaiting signature on Governor Deal's desk, and so far, it appears that said signature is probable.

Conception is not the beginning of life, as I explained in my first post of this thread. Just because cells are dividing in a predetermined set of physical laws, does not a person make. Most pregnancies are aborted naturally in the first trimester, anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You keep posting this 120 day koran thing like it's what makes abortion right, I don't care that you don't care what I believe in, but what you're advocating is what sucks. There's nothing morally wrong with "terminating" a pregancy, when you have no morals.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No but if they want to fight so vehemently for the right to kill someone else it is only right that they start with themselves! I would rather they listen to logic and common sense, but some people just will not... If people had to abort themselves before aborting anyone else there would be no abortions! And I don't think many would take the option of aborting themselves, so, problem solved?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You should be a politician. Way to double speak.

Most pregnancies are aborted naturally in the first trimester, anyway.

So since there is a lot of miscarriages that justifies abortion? Is that what your getting at?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I understand your reasoning behind your statement. I mean no one in their right mind want's to kill themselves.

And that's why I understand your statement, I just think we can get a little emotional by telling them to abort themselves, but the point is there. I agree. Most people that have abortions won't abort themselves. Some will.
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: Edit I need to go back english class so I can write better paragraphs... lol having a hard time articulating my thoughts. So much more I want to say.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

People die naturally too, but we don't call it murder! Your logic is so flawed it's pathetic! You always just ignore my comments too, bet you couldn't bare to look at the pictures I posted! You just want to defend whatever book you have had shoved down your throat since birth! How about thinking logically, even for just a second!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Also conception is the beginning of life because with out the sperm and the egg coming together there would be no life.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

120 days, or 4 months is acceptable cut off for non emergency abortions.

However, I think that if laws are enacted that delay or hinder the process for women who would otherwise be able to get the procedure, like having to drive 100's of miles or undergo unneeded and costly exams, then it should be extended to 5 months. There should be no cut off for pregnancies where the life of the mother is at risk or the fetus is not viable.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

"some will" Oh well, one less baby killer on the planet... Shame...

I just don't even see how you could take the stance of a baby killer, what on earth has to be going on upstairs for someone to think it;s ok? I mean I get people are brainwashed into it, but when presented with logical arguments how can one just ignore it? That's the point where I start thinking perhaps THEY shouldn't be around, at least locked up!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

"This is nothing but trying to take us back to the dark ages by having the state dictate to women what they'll do with their own bodies.

These psychos can try to regulate my body all they want, but if I don't want to have a kid, then by God I'm not going to have one. And if I don't want a parasite in my body, then I will get it out, no matter how much these control freaks want to scream about me being a baby murderer. "

=============

I can't believe what some people say. I don't understand where this anger is coming from... ARIZONA IS TRYING TO PROTECT LIFE! I guess I need to watch more MTV!
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No, I'm saying that an early staged pregnancy is not a viable person that deserves legal protection from its mother. Nature discards more life than those women who don't want a child.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join