It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Murdering a living, breathing viable person is is NOT the same as terminating a pregnancy of an unconscious, unaware systems of dividing cells.

Your right it's not the same. But terminating a pregnancy is pretty close to it if not identical.

Here's a quote from the DR. I'm no sure if you read this so I'll repost it.

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

Do you think Dr. Paul is lying? Because I believe him 100%
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

Murdering a living, breathing viable person is is NOT the same as terminating a pregnancy of an unconscious, unaware systems of dividing cells.

Your right it's not the same. But terminating a pregnancy is pretty close to it if not identical.

Here's a quote from the DR. I'm no sure if you read this so I'll repost it.

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

Do you think Dr. Paul is lying? Because I believe him 100%

Yes, I read you Ron Paul quote and answered you here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Have a look at this Link - tell me if abortion would've been more merciful

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I believe your wrong. Late term abortions are taken lightly by the doctor and the patient obviously because they are still occuring.

What's worst than abortion. Is letting that fetus grow to almost complete form and then ripping it out and watching it die in front of your eyes. Screaming for any comfort.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I don't call you a hypocrite for realizing the error of your ways no. I call you a hypocrite for saying people who kill babies are with satan and asking how they can sleep at night.

I ask, how can you ask those questions since you are one of those people?

Can you imagine I murder someone, then feel bad about it and go round telling other people they are evil if they do it too! It's not going to sit well is it? It's all very well that you have changed your view, and you can state that. But you can't judge other people, you lost that right when you did it.

It's like when parents hit their children for hitting people. Smack! Hitting is bad! Smack! Don't you dare hit someone! It doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree it's sad to see orphaned children, But I rather be a child of the dump then be aborted.

Life is one crazy trip, You live and you die.

Why should a mother in USA have her child aborted? O I know because she wants to live her youth and sleep around for the most part.

Greed at it's worst.

Also those photos are horrible, I'm saddened to see them. I still believe abortion is wrong though. I rather have a chance than no chance at all.

And if you say other wise your only lying to yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I don't call you a hypocrite for realizing the error of your ways no. I call you a hypocrite for saying people who kill babies are with satan and asking how they can sleep at night.

I ask, how can you ask those questions since you are one of those people?

Can you imagine I murder someone, then feel bad about it and go round telling other people they are evil if they do it too! It's not going to sit well is it? It's all very well that you have changed your view, and you can state that. But you can't judge other people, you lost that right when you did it.

It's like when parents hit their children for hitting people. Smack! Hitting is bad! Smack! Don't you dare hit someone! It doesn't work.

My response:

"I do have a hard time sleeping why do you think I'm trying to share my story.

And what I have a hard time comprehending is why this barbaric practice hasn't been outlawed. I was one of the many fooled into believing it was the right thing. What a joke."

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

People end up in all sorts of bad situations, it doesn't mean they should be aborted! It wasn't the babies fault they ended up like that.

The people that did it should be held accountable. What if they were not babies, but 2 or 3 years old? What would be the difference?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I believe your wrong. Late term abortions are taken lightly by the doctor and the patient obviously because they are still occuring.

Wrong.

Not many late term abortions are actually provided because they are strictly limited by the Roe vs Wade Supreme Court decision via state law. Firstly about 89% of abortions occur before 12 weeks so even according to the most conservative estimates only 11% of abortions would be considered late term. However if we use the viability standard of 22- 27 weeks, less than 1.1% of abortions would occur after this point.

What's worst than abortion. Is letting that fetus grow to almost complete form and then ripping it out and watching it die in front of your eyes. Screaming for any comfort.

Ron Paul is very old and hasn't done any doctoring since the 1980's. Things have progressed since then.

The most common process is called dilation and extraction. A doctor inserts laminaria sticks into the woman’s cervix. These sticks, often made from a species of kelp, absorb liquid and expand. This dilates the cervix and promotes labor. The doctor injects a chemical into the amniotic cavity to kill the fetus and extracts the remains with surgical instruments.

No need to get all dramatic or a legal medical procedure.
edit on 8-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   
Bottom line : The right thing to do if you get pregnant is the natural thing and conceive a child...

And when you have him if you don't want him, Give him up.

Simple right?

WRONG? We've killed more babies in the last few years then all the wars fought in our human history. I'm almost 100% sure that's a fact.

I mean why do we have to throw all these different circumstances into the mix. It just condones baby murderers.

link   

Sharing your story is one thing, saying people that abort are in league with satan is another, after all they are just mis-informed as you were. The wording of your op is what I have a problem with. You can't use that type of language. Especially when you have committed the same crime.

You can talk about your experience without making direct attacks at other people in the same situation. And I feel it would have a greater impact.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I'm curious as to why you didn't reply to my comment on page 2. You don't have to, but I'm just curious? Perhaps you missed it?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It's not dramatic. It's reality. Either way a life is being ended by someone else. And we usually call that murder unless we're talking about the unborn...

Makes zero logical sense.

The unborn need rights and I'll speak up for them as much as I can, Because those that were aborted never will.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bottom line : The right thing to do if you get pregnant is the natural thing and conceive a child...

And when you have him if you don't want him, Give him up.

Simple right?

WRONG? We've killed more babies in the last few years then all the wars fought in our human history. I'm almost 100% sure that's a fact.

I mean why do we have to throw all these different circumstances into the mix. It just condones baby murderers.

Fortunately, you are not the moral police and you don't dictate what is wrong or right. But, you are welcome to your opinion and to excercise your rights at the voting booth.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Abortion is EVIL. God gave you that life and you throw it away.

What a waste.

Pathetic. Is one of the only word's I can think of.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I don't see this subject as having anything to do with the "moral police" Murder is already a crime! I see your argument as arguing something as petty as semantics! You wouldn't advocate killing a new born baby would you? So what is the difference just because it is inside the womb?

Are you also saying that voting changes anything at all? Lol And how does mob rule solve anything anyway? I think we just need to get down to basics before the conversation can move on... When is the cut off point for you, and why?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I guess we have different standards on what is right and wrong. But everything about ending an unborn life is wrong, I fail to see where you see any good in abortion.

Besides population control. Which in my mind is the only reason this barbaric practice still occurs.

How many kings and queens do you think abort their babies? Zero. Abortion is only for the middle and lower class.

Class warfare at it's worst.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

My mother attempted abortions on me - it was the 60's (yea I'm that old), so there weren't any clinics readily available in our area. She insisted on a home birth, not knowing what to expect. It took me years to realise that the strange birth stories and marks on my body were because of this. It also took me forever to realise that she hated me for been born. So... if you think that I'm trying to justify the abortion of babies think again. I am trying to make people aware that maybe abortion is kinder sometimes, because there are so many children eaten by rats, suffering burns on the top of rubbish dumps, and rocking themselves into a stupor in some of the worst orphanages in the world. Life isn't as simple or as idealistic as we would want it to be. Life is about choice, but we don't educate our children enough to make the right and well informed choices, we leave them with their boyfriends, knowing that they could well be having unprotected sex and then we cry with fists pounding the air that every child has a right to live. I say that no child has a right to live without dignity. My mother took my dignity. I can turn to her now and say you no longer have a daughter, because you never mothered me, but before this realisation I did everything to win her affection. Her afffection and her approval and her love were never there. I think you need to look at the quality of life that children will have before you decry this whole thing wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Many people feel very strongly about the issue of abortion, and once they make up their minds they rarely change their opinion. If you are undecided and/or open-minded, check out this page and this site for more information about abortion, including images and a description of medical procedures.

Just try to keep an open mind not for my sake but for your children's sake and your children's children's sake.

Do you want your children having abortions? I know I don't. And if you don't have children think about your family.

Do you want your family members having abortions or would you rather them give up your relative to a family that want's a child.

In my mind this is greed at it's worst.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

I'm sorry to hear that that is very unfortunate and a very sad story. I'll pray for you and others.

I don't know if my prayers will help, but I'm willing to try.

One question.

Aren't you happy to be alive?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join