It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by stanguilles7

Make them private businesses not government sponsored killing centers. Our tax dollars shouldn't touch that place.

So your only problem is the tiny amount of tax dollars? You aren't making the argument that the government should make them illegal in the first place?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

That's besides the point as you said it that is the start and with a start there is an ending...

In that start to ending we should do as much good as possible and inflict as much evil as possible.

Abortion is evil, It's ending a life that would have a chance other wise.

Abortion and miscarriage are not the same!!! One is intentional, One is not.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Illegal no,but let the state decide.

Then that women can go travel to the state's that do allow baby killing.

Hopefully I don't live in one of those states, but it's a lot better than the federal government making it freely available to women.

Privatize it let's have some abortion kings and queens out there. Put their faces on billboards for the excellent population control.
edit on 11-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: Last line

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

That's besides the point as you said it that is the start and with a start there is an ending...

In that start to ending we should do as much good as possible and inflict as much evil as possible.

Abortion is evil, It's ending a life that would have a chance other wise.

Yes, I did say there was a start, and that START happens when the HUMAN can live OUTSIDE of the WOMB. The moment that the fetal tissue can live outside of the womb, it is no longer fetal tissue, and is a living being.

That isn't happening in abortions. Abortions are evacuating tissue that cannot survive on it's own. If it cannot survive on it's own, is it a fully actualized human being?

You deflected the question before, will you do it again?

link   

So if the state you live in votes to make Abortion legal, would you move, or petition the Federal government to intervene on your behalf?

link   

reply to post by milominderbinder

No start and end to life, That's not technical. That's playing semantics. There is a start and there is an end to this life.

No...that's called "science", "physics", and "math". Time isn't linear...we've known this for damn near 80 years. Get with the program already.

The starting point is when the male sperm meets the female egg, and the ending point is when you take your last breath and beat your last heart beat, until slowly it stops.

Yes...and the specific instant you, yourself, were conceived has simultaneously not yet happened, is happening right now, as well as happened long ago....all at the same "time"...BECAUSE TIME IS RELATIVE AND NON-LINEAR. Just ask Einstein, Feynman, and Neils Bohr.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hopefully I don't live in one of those states, but it's a lot better than the federal government making it freely available to women.

Privatize it let's have some abortion kings and queens out there. Put their faces on billboards for their excellent population control.
edit on 11-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Where's your time machine? Mine hasn't came in yet.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

She DOES live in a state where it is legal, as it is legal in EVERY state. If you don't like it, why don't you move to a state that doesn't allow it. I hear Nicaragua is nice this time of year.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Privatize it let's have some abortion kings and queens out there. Put their faces on billboards for their excellent population control.
edit on 11-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

Well, now that we have narrowed down your concern and see it has nothing to do with limited government, and everything to do with you wanting the government to enforce your own religious beliefs, we have at least accomplished something.

So now the question is do you oppose other aspects of murder perpetuated by your government?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Make them private businesses not government sponsored killing centers. Our tax dollars shouldn't touch that place.

yeah...nobody can "make" you do anything you don't really want to do. If you feel so strongly, declare yourself a conscientious objector and refuse to pay your taxes and let them toss you in the clink.

Quit whining and go martyr yourself if it's so holy and righteous.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Where's your time machine? Mine hasn't came in yet.

Huh? Seriously...go down to Barnes and Noble...buy a copy of "Relativity" by Einstein. Read it. Then get back to me on how foolish it is to interpret your world in using only Newtonian linear constructs for this thing we call "Time".

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hey well then why doesn't the man get a say in it? Women can force child birth upon men and they are stuck with the consequences? One can choose because they carry, What a wrong choice when your getting an abortion. It's legal murder. Lives ruined by having children... Ok... People that feel that way obviously rather have their lives ruined than give up their children. At least they gave their child a chance.
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

I am not going to sit and bash men, because there are loving wonderful ones out there. However most woman with loving, wonderful responsible men who are willing to participate in their kids lives beyond a few bucks via domestics aren't usually the women seeking abortions . Get my drift? For rape, or medical problems , I'm sure the man is more concerned about his WIFE than an egg, not to mention many partners make the decision together just as you did.

I really absolutely resent it when people act like giving your kids away is some walk in the park with rainbows and unicorns. My mother gave me and my brother up for adoption. I can tell you that some adoptive parents are bigger wack jobs (as you call it ) than the birth parents , subsequently why I was put back into foster care and dumped in a homeless shelter at 17. My brother has been in and out of jail since a juvenile and now has drug induced schizophrenia . My sister who was kept was abused and at 28 is in and out of homeless shelters.

"oh but aren't I glad I'm alive " is such a silly question. If I magically wasn't here and still had some opinion, I would say that someone should have given my mother the abortion pill and told her to get her S**t together before bringing kids into this world.

edit on 11-4-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yoyo,

This is what i see from reading your posts. You are a man who is/was with a woman who had an abortion. I dontknow the current relationship status and personally I dont care. I belive said woman had an abortion and you are now incredibly bitter about the decision. I also think she may have done this with out your input, hence the bitterness. You are now out to condem any woman who makes the choice to have an abortion. I do believe you want to exert your will and view point on the world so far in fact that you want unwanted children born into this world to be absolutely and extremely unhappy. Misery loves company after all. You have yet to answer the question I asked you in my last post and have also watched as you have dodged answering several other questions that would make you admit to your self that life is not full of absolutes. Yes and no do not always answer the question. I think you may young only because you have some very narrow points of view. I have no doubt that the choice the woman in your life made hurt you. I wish you all the best and hope you heal from your hurts.

Saying that, let others be to live their lives and make their own decisions. No one has the right to tell others what to do to their body. If we open that can of worms, where will it end? Can they make tatoos illegal because my grandmother does not like them?

Lets go with the religious view, the Amish dont belive in electricity, phones, running water (they only bath once a wekk), and they ride around in horse and buggies. Lets say that despite the fact they dont like to call attention to themselves, a group of them decide that all the evil in the world could be fixed if everyone lived like them. So they do their best to impose their religious views on all of us. If you dont follow thier way your evil and going to burn in hell for all eternity.

Sorry for the rambling, its late and i free write...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
When I was a teenager the only state that I know of that did abortions was New York. I knew a girl who was a minor and got pregnant by the guy she later married and her dad literally forced her to have an abortion. She was totally against it. Her heart broke and it was painful to see how terribly sad she was still talking about the one she lost while she was raising her other children.

Then Roe v. Wade was made law and abortion clinics popped up everywhere. Suddenly, it became socially acceptable and big name Hollywood actresses supported abortion and claimed bragging rights to their own.
The Sensuous Woman spent 48 weeks on the NY TImes bestseller list through 03/1971. The media worked hard to sell sex to the kids. About that time looking sexy was the end all be all for high school girls. Now it's that way for grade school kids.

The Death of Pretty www.ncregister.com...

I liked it better when American's had the mentality that abortion was wrong.

Did you ever really think about all the lost lives? Hear the story of a lady who had a long time to consider what damage abortion reaps not only for the aborted, but for their families.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

====
I liked it better when American's had the mentality that abortion was wrong.
====

Me too.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by selfharmonise

Your calling me an armchair radical while you advocate the killings of innocent. That's just how twisted your logic is.

Look in the mirror, I don't feel empty. Do you?

Not in the least.

I always think it's healthier to judge yourself than others.

People should do that more often - the world would be a more understanding place if people could walk a mile in someone else's shoes before spouting hatred.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I also think you didn't address my question. You missed the underlying concept of armchair in my 'armchair radical' statement.

I tend to believe that there's a lot of people who talk, but don't act. I am trying to establish how you are different from these.

What are you doing about this in the physical world to make it a better place?

Supporting women who are faced with the dilemma of abortion? Supporting women who have had unplanned pregnancies?

How do you think it could be better - will you just expect the government to legislate against abortion on your behalf?

If you believe so strongly in this, how are you channeling your positive energy to better lives with respect to those facing the prospect of having an abortion?

edit on 12-4-2012 by selfharmonise because: Just because I like to dot my is and crss my ts sometimes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

I'm posting here, I'm doing what I can to influence others not to chose the path that so many take.

And that's the abortion path. Think twice and save a life.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Except they're both persons under the pro-life philosophy, but one is ignored and the other condemned. Pro-lifers should also be putting money into stopping miscarriages and spontaneous abortions but they don't.

Here's an article on spontaneous abortions and why the pro-life philosophy is hypocritical

www.mainstreambaptists.org...

Ok so which abortions do you guys condemn? Only the one's after a few weeks? Why draw the line? When clearly human life start's when the egg meet's a sperm and is penetrated by it.

I disagree with elective abortions after viability. Basically this is the status quo since Roe V Wade 35-ish years ago. There is good reason for this based on science not on emotion or a rashly conceived (no pun) religious conviction.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join