It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

My mother attempted to abort me, I vote abortion over misery as well, it's euthanasia! I don't believe though that it is a cure for our ills, we need to be more upstanding about the future of life. We need to decide, like we so readily decide against cloning, or stem-cell research on embryo, that abortion is a violation of life. It needs to be relooked at.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2012 by LaborofLove because: Duplicate

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

=========
Why don't we, as a species, stop taking all of our queues for the basis of morality solely from ideas that were all conceived (pun intended) by people who were so naive about the world around them that they did not understand the mechanics of such simple things as how rain falls to the ground or why the puddles disappear later in day as the sun climbs.
=========

Yes and you understand all the simple things... I don't believe it for a second.

Here's simple for you...

Because it's simple life starts when a man male meets a female and they have intercourse resulting in the sperm , if lucky, penetration the female egg and thus the start of the human life.

Now you tell me when life starts. Let's see how it differs.
edit on 11-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

Are you elderly?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

And this is why religion sucks! Kill the baby cos its fathers black! Kill the baby cos your 17 and Christian! Marry the rapist, cos he has a right to your body now that he's violated it! Yay! Religions of the world unite!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

There's nothing wrong with sex, unless you're catholic! There's everything wrong with not teaching your child to act responsibly.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
What if it was wanted by the dad and not the mom? It's the mom's choice because she's carrying the baby? Or should it be a choice between the two of them since they both had a part in the creation of a new human life. A lot of women think it's only their choice because they carry the "parasite".

Correct. It's the mother's choice alone because she carries the baby.

As a male, I figure it's the least we can do given that the only contribution to the reproductive cycle we make is getting laid and running to the store so our wives or significant others for pickles, ice cream, and maple syrup when the cravings kick in.

Somehow...allowing the other gender to have the final say on whether or not they put their lives on hold and go through excrutiating pain for a child which they don't want seems pretty selfish to me.

Unwanted by who the mom? I wouldn't say it's unwanted to all.

50 million fewer unhappy people around. I was almost aborted, Would I have been unhappy then if I was aborted? So dumb...I'm happy to speak up for those that are being mercilessly murdered.

Cope to survive daily, we all do that. That's being human. People that get abortions... obviously don't give their babies a chance.

And that's the bottom line... a chance at happiness, we all deserve it and I don't think these mothers would be so keen to abortion if it wasn't in every neighborhood in America and we didn't have the purposeful war or class's which is meant to divide us and conquer us while our population control agenda is in full effect.

We can't even agree on saving human life. One thing we should be able to agree on. What a dumbed down world we live in. Many have been fooled to not even place value on human life.

You keep missing the point.

Yes...we all deserve a chance at happiness. So...get back to me on this whole anti-abortion thing when you've:

1. Figured out how to provide health care to every living being on this planet.
2. Solved all of our energy problems so that we may look forward to a future with limitless clean energy for all.
3. Convinced all of the nations of earth to never, ever, ever engage in warfare again.
4. Created a society in which poverty doesn't exist any longer and no human wants for food, clothing, shelter, education, and whose is limited only by their own abilities and determination because you have somehow changed the whole world into one that is a meritocracy and no preferential treatment or discrimination of any kind occurs anywhere due to socio-economic status.

In the meantime...wake up. As Neil Young once said "...there's a lot of people thinkin' they'd be better off dead"

It's not about saving a human life. It's about PREVENTING the UNNECESSARY TORTURE of daily existence in the hellscape which the previous generations have bequeathed to their descendants.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Are you elderly?

Another distraction yet again from the main topic.

Abortion is wrong, there is nothing good about abortion. Nothing.

It seems as both of us have our minds made up... Why would be being elderly have anything to do with anything?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You have the antiquated viewpoint of someone over 60, more like 80.

We left attitudes like yours in the dust in 1973.

Two good things happened that year:

1. Secretariat

2. Roe v. Wade

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Dumb.

And I hope we leave attitudes like yours in the dust in 2012.

As abortion helps no one, tricked by demons I tell you.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

We won't be turning back the clock, yoyo. If you think women are going to stand still and let men walk all over them as happened in the past you are in for a big, fat surprise.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I have a problem with reading... I can't find conclusive evidence that Aristotle was atheist. My comment though, in all defensiveness:p, was about his view of the soul, not his view of God. I am also not completely a prolifer, I think that an abortion is far more merciful than infanticide. I am anti the negligence that women practice. They can make better judgement calls, they are too self involved, however, to make these choices a part of their lifestyle. It's an oops! That's what abortion is based on.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Good for you. You should be very, very, proud of both yourself and your daughter for overcoming the odds.

However...isn't being hounded or coerced into HAVING an abortion just the same as been hounded or coerced into NOT having one? Irregardless of the success which you had in raising your daughter, you stand as the exception...not the rule.

Thus, is it not plausible to ALSO think that there are many, many, women out there who were TALKED OUT OF having an abortion and have regretted that decision every single day of their lives...much to the detriment and chagrin of the child in question and society as a whole?

Perhaps the answer then is that we all would do well do let women do whatever they wish to with their fetuses. I believe that is called "pro-choice" if I'm not mistaken.

Also...please remember that you gave birth to and raised this child during the most prosperous decades, of the most prosperous state, in the most prosperous country, as part of the most affluent generation, with the highest potential for upward socio-economic mobility, that the world as ever seen since the dawn of time.

This isn't to make light of your OR your daughters accomplishments. They are admirable to say the least. However...change the time period and geographic location of your story and the happy ending turns into a nightmare for child, parent, and society alike.

When you and your daughter were born it would have been utter madness for someone to claim in public that educating children and providing them with medical care was a poor use of tax dollars or that the richest man in the world "deserves" to pay a lower percentage in income taxes than his secretary.

Today...these are mainstream "beliefs".

My point is only that even for kids born into middle-class, loving families, who WANT THEM stand little to no chance of experiencing the same QUALITY OF LIFE that you and your daughter have had thus far...if for no other reason than the basic supply and demand issues of having an exponentially increasing global population that is roughly 2.25 TIMES MORE POPULATED than it was in 1970.

Again...before we are so eager to make it mandatory that all these new babies have their "chance"...perhaps we ought to work on making the world something other than a resource strapped, war torn, authoritarian hell-hole in which only the privileged few will ever know a life in which basic things like education, clean water, medical care, and the ability to have a decent job without being a debt-slave until the day you die.

I agree...
It's about QUALITY of life...not QUANTITY.

I wholeheartedly agree with every word you said, 100%

My post is an attempt to document the events, in my life, which led to my "pro-choice" stance.

Perhaps better light could be shed if we wind the story backwards even more.

When my mother married, 1947, birth control was illegal. Many women died from illegal back ally abortions during WWII, as "support our troops" affiars and war time romances failed, for various reasons, Women were shamed and alienated if they were unmarried mothers and their children ostracised and labeled "bastards".

womenshistory.about.com...

1965—The Supreme Court (in Griswold v. Connecticut) established the right of married couples to use birth control as protected in the Constitution as a “right to privacy.” However, millions of unmarried women in 26 states were still denied birth control.

By 1965, all fifty states banned abortion, with some exceptions which varied by state: to save the life of the mother, in cases of rape or incest, or if the fetus was deformed. Groups like the National Abortion Rights Action League and the Clergy Consultation Service on Abortion worked to liberalize anti-abortion laws.

The Supreme Court in 1973, in the case of Roe v. Wade, declared most existing state abortion laws unconstitutional. This decision ruled out any legislative interference in the first trimester of pregnancy and put limits on what restrictions could be passed on abortions in later stages of pregnancy.

Thus, we have the push from both sides to influence the laws on restrictions of a woman's reproductive rights.

It should also be noted that strong arm tactic to ignore a woman's reproductive rights was challenged by the enactment of the "1978 Pregnancy Discrimination Act" which outlines the protection and rights of pregnant women. www.eeoc.gov...

So, one would think that the issues are resolved, and Congress and SCOTUS have found a middle ground. So have these extremists forgotten our hard won battle for woman's rights? Why can't we find middle ground?

You've come a long way baby! Forgotten history is destine to be repeated.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Hey I don't need to, It's already been done..

When you think Roe vs Wade is women's rights. Your fooling yourself. It's really women's enslavement to evil.

This world is evil, and if you don't have an ounce of strength evil will take over. Evil looks for the weak, and takes advantage of those that can't defend themselves... IE: Unborn.

None of these aborted babies are evil, Not one... On the other hand every mother that has an abortion is letting evil into their lives either knowingly or not. They are.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You don't have to be religious to be Pro-Life lol, its a common mistake people do, you are pro life? you must be religious and OP didn't help with that either(with all the religious words in it).

IMO, i ok with abortion as long as it Rape, Incest, or terminal end for either the Baby or the Mother,

NOT for "oops, forgot the pill" "too drunk to remember what we did last night"

Sex is meant for procreation, doing it and saying i didn't mean for it to happen is just dumb.

My version of life is when the Sperm meets Egg and when the cell division of specific cells(organ, stem, brain etc) begins. Aborting a healthy fetus is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You think your government cares about women, our government does not care about the average man or the average woman??

It's an illusion.

Man are we in different worlds.
edit on 11-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I can't imagine what kind of house you grew up in. You speak as if you are religiously and sexually repressed.

I hope you are not one of the unwanted because that is certainly how you sound.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo

Dumb.

And I hope we leave attitudes like yours in the dust in 2012.

As abortion helps no one, tricked by demons I tell you.

Tricked by "demons", huh?

I guess I better throw a pinch of salt over my shoulder, hang a horseshoe over the door, and get out my lucky rabbit's foot to keep the boogeyman away.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaborofLove

And this is why religion sucks! Kill the baby cos its fathers black! Kill the baby cos your 17 and Christian! Marry the rapist, cos he has a right to your body now that he's violated it! Yay! Religions of the world unite!

By 1965, all fifty states banned abortion, with some exceptions which varied by state: to save the life of the mother, in cases of rape or incest, or if the fetus was deformed. Groups like the National Abortion Rights Action League and the Clergy Consultation Service on Abortion worked to liberalize anti-abortion laws.

Yep! Crazies on all sides! Please note in the above quote the part that says: " the Clergy Consultation Service on Abortion worked to liberalize anti-abortion laws."

The clergy has always carried both side of the debate.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You've come a long way baby! Forgotten history is destine to be repeated.

Indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join