It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

We as humans have been taught since a young age everything on this earth is here for us...

That's the farthest from the truth and in my mind is what keeps out ignorant world rolling.

And who ever gave you stars for your statement on masturbation. So dumb. So dumb.

I'm talking about an actual living human being. You bloats.
edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: EDIT WASNT DIRECTED AT POSTER REPLYED but at some wilson or whatever his name is with his masturbation comment.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Never did I say that a fetus is not alive. They are filled with millions and billions of living, respirating cells. A living being.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Ya a living being that should be murdered because his mother doesn't want him. Sounds like a horror movie.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

You are believing propaganda my friend, the world has plenty for everyone and many many more. But even if we did come to a tipping point of running out of resources then we would naturally be dealt with, but there is nothing to say we as a race would be eradicated. But even if we were, so what? Life will go on without us.

I think the real problem is how we are using our resources, we are spending so much effort killing each other! When that time and energy could be spent towards making space exploration possible. So at least I agree with one of your points lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Anyways I put Ron Paul's name in the topic header, Because I heard that some women don't like him for his stance on abortion.

What's his stance on abortion? (here's just a quip)

Not even the most radical feminist would find it okay to tear apart a recently-born baby just because it is not wanted by its mother. All other considerations aside, the only reason many individuals can support abortion with a good conscience is because they believe it’s not murder… and that unborn babies do not count as human beings.

Ron Paul has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He believes that human life starts at conception, and that casual elimination of the unborn leads to a careless attitude towards all life.

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

www.ronpaul.com...

And this is what I'm really upset at is the late term abortions for no medical reasons.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some more info from Ron Paul's site that makes sense to me and might change your opinion on abortion.

"For many years, Ron Paul has been speaking up for babies’ rights. He passionately defends those who cannot speak for themselves because they haven’t been born yet.

In order to “offset the effects of Roe v. Wade”, Paul voted in favor of the federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003. He has described partial birth abortion as a “barbaric procedure”.

At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion.

Many people feel very strongly about the issue of abortion, and once they make up their minds they rarely change their opinion. If you are undecided and/or open-minded, check out this page and this site for more information about abortion, including images and a description of medical procedures."

www.ronpaul.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A healthy woman is at risk to conceive every month. This doesn't mean that by performing the biological function of sex, which is important to human wellbeing, regardless of procreation, that a woman wants to take a risk of getting pregnant.

We have free will and some of us have been given the attribute of critical thinking. We are not subject to the victimization of biology anymore. We take pain relievers, get our tonsils out, have dental implants and bone graphs. We treat cancer with chemotherapy and vaccinate against Polio.

Science has overridden biology and given women the freedom NOT to have a child. In some cases, nature wins out, and the woman, due to biological circumstances, becomes pregnant. If that child's exisitence in uninvited and unwelcome by the mother, it is an unholy alliance.

Conception is NOT the beginning of life. The sperm cell is alive, the ovum is alive. The fertilization process transforms the existing, living ovum, through chemical reactions that trigger cell division. It is not the beginning of life, it's the transformation of life. The zygote has no sentience, self awareness or personal distinction of being. Removing the zygote from the uterus is not murder, by any stretch of the imagination. It is simply an interruption of a cycle.

An unwanted pregnancy can be a torturous thing for a woman. The unholy little intruder, is not wanted and won't be loved during gestation or afterwards. There is a constant reminder of it's evil presence presented by morning sickness, heartburn, backaches, painful breast, swelling legs and ankles and much more. And that's a healthy pregnancy, some are life threatening to the mother.

One must wonder and consider the health of a child being carried for 10 months, in a woman who ultimately hates it. What kind of damage could that cause?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

When have I spoke about masturbation? I think you are getting very confused. So I'll help you out.

Summing up my first post.

1: You are a hypocrite telling people that they worship the devil for abortion when you have done it! Whether it was a mistake or not!

2: Babies do not know what rape is, had no hand in it, no choice about it, so can not be held responsible!

3: Killing a baby is WRONG whether it be inside or outside the womb!

Does that clear things up?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I understand, and I'm not advocating for abortion - I am saying that people are stupid enough to not practice safe sex! I am saying that I understand how the decision is reached, but not that it is the "right" decision. Man is inately selfish...

Mentioning doctors, the hypocratic oath has this line in it: "I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life."

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So what do you think of this?

"Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Ya so your pro-life.

Sorry I just thought the masturbation comment was dumb.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The points you raised do not matter and I'll show you why! Can you kill a baby the moment it is born? You know cause the mother changed it's mind? How about 1 day before it was born? How about 5 years down the line? Maybe the mother regrets having kids and it creates an "unholy alliance"? Science has brought us the means to kill such unwanted children (the gun).

How about mentally disabled? Should you kill them because they are not mentally aware of what is going on?

It's just a crazy selfish argument to be honest... I stand up for personal freedom and individual rights! Why are children not individuals? When does a child become an individual? Remember anyone outside of this criteria is game for being slaughtered! So think carefully.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Okay now let me say this very slowly for you.... I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MASTURBATION! Are we clear on that now? You are talking about someone else!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Late term abortions are only done to save the life of the mother or to avoid an horrific and painful, short existence for the baby.

They are mostly illegal and never are done because someone doesn't want to be parent. Usually late term abortions are a very painful and disappointing choice for both the doctor and the mother. It's not a thing taken lightly.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LaborofLove

Unique human life, is every baby born.

It's hard getting to that "born" part when mothers are aborting kids like they go to the tanning salon.

And they are intentionally doing this, Don't think that these clinics are unintentional.

Population control at work. "convince the mother to not give birth with the option of abortion"

It really is population control and they admit in China just not in the good old US of A.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

No problem, if you would have read the edit!

edit on 8-4-2012 by yoyoyoyo because: EDIT WASNT DIRECTED AT POSTER REPLYED but at some wilson or whatever his name is with his masturbation comment.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Murdering a living, breathing viable person is is NOT the same as terminating a pregnancy of an unconscious, unaware systems of dividing cells.
edit on 8-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's no good making an edit, especially when even after the edit you are still calling me dumb for making a comment I never made! lol... I think you should pay more attention to who you're replying to.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

call me a hypocrite for realizing the errors in my way?

Thanks, I'll take that. A lot better than what you could call me which is a baby killer.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So being unconscious and unaware is now a parameter for deciding death for a life? So can we kill people in their sleep? How about mentally disabled? Severe learning difficulties?

What is the difference? And at what point in your opinion do you find the cut off point for babies then? When do they become conscious and aware?

Oh and what is "viable"? Viable for what?
edit on 8-4-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join