It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Abortion " My thoughts" Please contribute

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice - but only within the 1st trimester stage - before heartbeat/breathing.

I don't like the one starting this thread. YOYO needs to tone the down with the rhetoric. Comes off sounding too militant and preachy. Btw, how can you only condone an abortion in a rape case? You are still MURDERING an innocent, VIABLE LIFE. Total hypocrisy/double standard after such a long winded moral stance on this issue.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoyoyo
reply to post by Nathan_Orin

My friend, Life is not hell.

One of those children that weren't born might have saved your life if he was here or your families life.

We are actively worshipping a demon when we kill our unborn. Look at the history it's been an occult practice since the beginning of recorded history.

Since you are using religon as a idea for your comments I will show you where you are erroring in your own religon. From my point of view you are right now worshiping your ego/closemindedness. Caught up in duality are you? You are right and and anyone that do not agree is wrong. Stop judging other people and maybe one day you will be openminded enought to understand the spiritual message in your religon and see beyond yourself and your own view. If your faith is 100% right then why have not all Christian people awoken and have the holy spirit in them? You are just sprouting hate at something you do not understand under the idea that something is evil, that you cannot logicly be sure is evil, because you do not know when the soul arrives and what plan god has. It is not for you to judge but god. He will know whether it is evil or not.

www.biblegateway.com...
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
edit on 9-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Bone75

Agreed. But what if she gets pregnant anyway? If she decides to have the baby against my will, then what happened to my choice? Does anyone give a rat's azz whether or not I can afford a baby?
What if I want the baby and she doesn't? You're saying that its okay to kill my child and I don't even have a say in the matter?

Your your argument is that if you don't have control over what a woman decides to do with her body, abortion is evil and should be illegal.

Nice spin, but you're looking at this from a completely sexist and ignorant point of view. We're talking about killing babies here. Your right to kill my child is evil and should be illegal. I could care less what a woman does with her body until the moment she becomes pregnant.

Do you think you should be able to force her to have your child?

Yes I do. She can force me to become a father can't she?

Further, should you force my child to have a baby that you had nothing to do with, because ....
why?

Because abortion is murder.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

War is murder. Do you condone/justify it?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Bone75

Agreed. But what if she gets pregnant anyway? If she decides to have the baby against my will, then what happened to my choice? Does anyone give a rat's azz whether or not I can afford a baby?
What if I want the baby and she doesn't? You're saying that its okay to kill my child and I don't even have a say in the matter?

Your your argument is that if you don't have control over what a woman decides to do with her body, abortion is evil and should be illegal.

Nice spin, but you're looking at this from a completely sexist and ignorant point of view. We're talking about killing babies here. Your right to kill my child is evil and should be illegal. I could care less what a woman does with her body until the moment she becomes pregnant.

Do you think you should be able to force her to have your child?

Yes I do. She can force me to become a father can't she?

Further, should you force my child to have a baby that you had nothing to do with, because ....
why?

Because abortion is murder.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

You are a married man with 5 children, you said, did your wife "force" you to be father? Tit for tat, huh? Now every teenage girl in trouble should be forced to give birth! Yeah, you're sexist.

I have no desire to tell you or your wife whether you should create another child or not..Neither should you have any say in what I or my daughter do with our choices.

You can yell it over and over, but abortion is NOT murder, it is a medical procedure that terminations the cycle of cell division that possibly, under the right circumstances, produces an infant after 10 months of gestation.

How can this argument NOT be sexist, when the only deciding factor, in your mind, is a woman's anatomy. An unborn, non existing person rights do not trump those of a living breathing woman. It is sexist to take those rights away, making her a baby factory, and declaring a possible person has more rights than a woman. If it applied to you and your body, this would be a different argument, altogether.

Forcing a woman to give birth is tyranny, sexual slavery and a crime against human rights. Abortion is not murder, it's compassion.
edit on 9-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Avalessa

Your right not everyone is christian so when I say worshipping the devil.. I really mean embracing evil...

Do you believe in good and evil, Or is that just another fallacy in your mind?

Good and evil is open to interpetation and viewpoint of the person so it is not a good way to determine what is right. The only real duality that I have found that fit is symbiotic egoless and its counter ego parasitic. Service to all (god) vs service to self (ego). Is this discussion serving all or ego?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
We have 7 billion people, nearly all are not special and are examples of abject mediocrity whose existence does nothing to further our species.

The most populated countries have a terrible time providing even clean water for their population.

Why make more of what can't be supported?

We are not special. There is no soul. There is no god.

Quit making mediocre examples of humanity, our species is suffering for it.

Derek

We are all unique and have had our own experiance. There is no soul/Maybe there is or maybe there is not. There is no god, depends on you definition of god. To the ants you are like god. Just because people have to seek to find something and it is hard to find do not mean it does not exist. The holy spirit and chakra system exists.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Riddle me this, anti-choicers..
Why should it be wrong to kill a life that has no mind? I dont think it is wrong, irregardless of its DNA sequence. The mind is a basic prerequisite for rights. A fetus before 5th month (the appearance of brain waves) cannot have a mind. No mind, no being/person, no victim, no crime.
Why should I care about mindless life, especially at the expense of already sentient persons (the women)?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demigodly

Absolutely not.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demigodly

Absolutely not.

Sadly, the majority of the sheeple 'believes' war is necessary, or there wouldn't be any. They don't care unless they're in the middle of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Then you obviously don't follow Dr Paul or know what he believes in. He believes the states should determine this and that the federal government has no business in our personal lives. He's right.

No he isn't, it's weak leadership (yeah, right, not much chance of that). So one state allows abortion, the other doesn't. What do you think is going to happen? Have you though that through? Do you think some things should be consistent across your country?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Then you obviously don't follow Dr Paul or know what he believes in. He believes the states should determine this and that the federal government has no business in our personal lives. He's right.

No he isn't, it's weak leadership (yeah, right, not much chance of that). So one state allows abortion, the other doesn't. What do you think is going to happen? Have you though that through? Do you think some things should be consistent across your country?

Ron Paul is wise enough to recognize diff people/cultures have different moral codes and values, and that they will never come to a consensus. It's called wisdom, not weak leadership.
You're talking about a former doctor who has delivered 1000's of babies.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Blah blah blah bible crap. Lets just say the religion crap is true and god is real. Does he really expect us to keep overpopulating "his" world and depleting our resources? Or should we start curbing this global problem? Dont eat yourself out of house and home.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

He's not nearly as strong or pro-life as say, Rick Santorum, lmao. I think each state is fully capable of deciding what is best for their state.

I don't believe the federal government has any role in a decision process that should be made between the potential parents/parent. Paul is against it, but doesn't believe it's his duty to regulate it and he is right. Therefore, if elected POTUS, abortion would not be made illegal across the country under Dr Paul.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth34
Blah blah blah bible crap. Lets just say the religion crap is true and god is real. Does he really expect us to keep overpopulating "his" world and depleting our resources? Or should we start curbing this global problem? Dont eat yourself out of house and home.

Over population is a myth, the problem is we have plenty of greedy people who need much more than their fair share.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

reply to post by MidnightTide

Abortion is destroying our society and killing more than all the human wars combined. It's purely evil and selfish.

They are having us kill our children to have "freedom" but really all we're doing is worshipping evil by killing our unborn brothers and sisters... IMO

Watch the video I'm going to post one minute.

You are brainwashed, it's sad.

I can think of hundreds of things more important or that are destroying our society, unfit mothers is higher up the list than abortions.

I

I'm brainwashed. Ok dumb. The only one that is brainwashed is you in thinking ending another human beings life is ok. So i'll take brainwashed over ignorant. I'm trying to save my fellow human beings why your trying to make them suffer by aborting them and not even giving them a chance...

Everyone deserves a chance even the unborn. Who are you to say otherwise? Your no one but a confused human being, in my mind. I might be wrong, but I'll speak from my heart.

Thanks for the comment. But I can't believe your saying I'm brainwashed. This goes to the saying if you have your mind made up your not going to change it... I think that's where you are.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by yoyoyoyo

"“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.”

Abortion leads to euthanasia? Then bring it on, as euthanasia is something I certainly support. As does 72 % of Americans.

Hey I hope your first in line and that's mean to say,but you seem so ready to be euthanized. Because I know I don't want to be in that line.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

reply to post by macaronicaesar

Hey well maybe if you we're asexual we wouldn't care but it takes two to tango I mean unless your godzilla.

Another useless comment. Keep fighting the good fight from your higher moral ground. I'm out, this topic isn't worth discussing.

Do you support war or Capital punishment? Of course you do, like the rest of the hypocrites.
edit on 9-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

O thanks for letting me reply. You know what happens when you assume. ass - u - me.

I don't support war, I don't support capital punishment. Your the hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79

reply to post by windword

Women should take pregnancy as a blessing and not a curse. I wish I could create a life, but I cant. Only women can. .

I have not read all the post so not sure if anyone else has asked this... in the OP it is stated that you have had an abortion, but you made the above statement.

if someone else has asked this and it has been answer don't worry about answering me i will get to it as I read the thread.

I wasn't the one that had the abortion, My wife has. Worst mistake of our lives. So young and impressionable I failed, but I wont fail in life.

I saw an angel last night and it was my friend that recently passed. And if it wasn't an Angel it made me feel good.

So your right it wasn't me that had the abortion, but as a couple ... Your pregnant together... Because we are not asexual.

Maybe I don't carry , but let me tell you this if it wasn't for a man and a women getting together there would be no children at all...

Women's rights... Pfft... women's rights to freedom that's not freedom it's like selling your soul.

And you know what I've sold my soul mentally and I'm trying to reclaim it. I got what I wanted. Now I'm here.

I believe if you repent and you truly mean it there's hope.

I trust there's hope for us all even the one's that need it the most which are the unborn.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I believe human life begins at conception. I also think it is not wrong to kill a human foetus until higher brain cortex develops, in 5th month of pregnancy at the earliest. In the same way, braindead humans do not deserve a right to life.

But late-term abortion should be banned unless required to protect the health or life of the mother.

human life does start at conception, People that say other wise are lying to themselves and others for their own gain.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Second Amendment gives you the CHOICE to own a firearm. Do that mean the government makes everyone have a firearm or pays for everyone to have a firearm?

Rowe. v. Wade gives you the CHOICE to have an abortion. Does that mean the government makes everyone have an abortion or pays for everyone to have abortions?

If you are Anti-Choice, regardless of the issue, you are Pro-Intrusive Government, because the government has to get bigger to enforce the rules you are putting in place by restricting freedom.

I thought conservatives were AGAINST intrusive government!
edit on 9-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join