It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF 1/3 Americans QUIT Work! Angry ends near dont hav anything to live 4 just want Benefits not Job

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So half of all Americans choose to no longer be in the labor force? (10% still able to get unemployment benefits) This is a brilliant form of protest... they refuse the parasitic paradigm and demand a new world. Watch this corrupt, vile system wither and die. Who will manicure the lawns of the 1%? Who will cook they're food? Who will provide the very blood that they suckle on, these vampires, these canabalistic scoundrels most despicable,, 43% have quitely said, "not me"! We are sick of your wars and all of your fearmongering bullsh$t ! Take your ponzi scheme economy and stick it! You will no longer tread on us! This is a protest..get it? These people DO get it and THEY are doing something about it and it is BRILLIANT! Now what about YOU? Will you still act the jester for the kleptocrats or will you finally realize your own greatness? Join the winning team and demand a new, equitable World of peace, love and harmony. PEACE.
edit on 9-4-2012 by WilburMercer because: FREEWILL!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Pull the damn pants up, talk with some damn respect(and mouth movment) stop useing phrases the last great rapper just came up with because nobody knows WTF you are saying

I thought it was just me getting old. WHAT? SPEAK UP! Damn kids...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Why should people have to work MORE than 40 hours a week in our society?

We're basically working more and getting less in the long run.
edit on 9-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Ive got a team that can go to a house and replace about 20 large windows with minimal equipment and they get it done in one day! well as long as everything goes smoothly. Had another team with black and white guys but everytime they would be on their phones or worried what someone else was doing. I caught some heat after i fired 3 of them but if they couldnt do the job why should i pay them? Skin color dont make me your brother.

One of my new guys at work, I was walking around doing my clipboard thing, checking to make sure everyone is working on what is on the work list so at the end of the night there are no bad surprises. Now, I do this to keep people out of trouble, not get people in trouble. New guy, has a tizzy, stop check'n up on me! I don't know if he hates white people or bosses or just hates me. I sent boss a note, he had a talk with him. In conference with Boss he indicated he had and was qualified to do Bosses job, and my job. Nuts... Anyway Boss suggested that I back off, so I let him do what he wants and see how it goes. But what that really means is when he screws up (and he will, we all do), he is on his own, without my assistance or protection. So far he is doing ok, but crap, I expect my guys to work as a team, not as individuals, too many people out there who won't talk to or work with coworkers.

This morning one of the guys needs a CD copied off. And I can do it if I have a master to copy, but the guy who is the keeper of the master disks is off for the day. And his counterpart, does not really understand his system and may or may not be able to do it. They have two frick'n separate systems for doing the same job. They refuse to talk to each other, some bad blood there I guess, don't know the story.

When we first started running the midnight shift, I had in mind that I would start a piece of gear, and then pass it, if not finished, to the guy on the next shift. Nope, guy on next shift has his own work, wants to keep them separate. So, if this was Detroit, we stop making cars, put aside all the cars the midshift was working on and then get out the "day shift " cars. WHAT?

edit on 9-4-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

What is the definition of "Under-Employed?" I have to admit I hate the buzzword underemployed.

Sounds like a make believe word someone made up to makes themselves feel better.

Doesn't that just mean you don't make as much money as you want? So everyone in the world is underemployed?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

under-employed means that you may as well be living in a tent out in the woods for all it is worth.

Also, I would hope people get the hint and quit their jobs en-mass. If your a farmer maybe not quite yet but certainly with government's job performance it is time to outright kick them and their elite masters to the curb.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Why should people have to work MORE than 40 hours a week in our society?

We're basically working more and getting less in the long run.
edit on 9-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

if you want to get ahead in this country and have all the nice things in life, you are not gonna do it by working your typical 40 hour work week. unless you are making $100 an hour even then after taxes you will be at $2500 a week. that is great money but $100 an hour jobs are few and far between. after paying back student loans, gas money,groceries, car note, mortgage, vacations, savings, childrens college fund, iphone, cable, internet, entertainment etc etc you will still be living check to check. that is unless you are content never having children, driving a beater and living in a cheap apartment and eating rice and beans every night. thats why i say if you want even half of those nice things you better be prepared to work your tail off. trust me i am not practicing what i preach but i do get the big picture. every person that i know that does have a well paying job is complaining about it. employers are demanding more for less pay nowadays, it is super rare to have that easy no stress well paying job nowadays. what people need to realize is that in order to make it to the top on your own its gonna take some good old fashioned elbow grease and sacrifice. i'm sorry to say but 9 out of 10 americans are just not willing to put in that kind of effort anymore, i blame it on mtv and xbox!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WilburMercer

A star for you my freind. I think your right. People are finally smartinin up and smelling all of the horse crap for what it is. The system is being held together will chewing gum and bailing wire until after Obama is declared King of all of the land of misfit toys...I doubt that they can pull it off. So quit your job, get on the dole and watch this sucker come tumblin down!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Sounds like the big guys in charge need to unF&^% the monkey they`ve created in the multiple shifts. All you can do is the job you were hired to do and anything else is personal initiative which alot of the big bosses need to start apprieciating alot more. In my exp. which isnt alot but still the night shift is suppose to be a contiuation in what the day shift has set up, and not separate entities. If shifts are competing why not split and have a separate company? A plus is if you can take on others roles and complete your job at the same time it would be alot more valuable to the company than paying deadweight payroll.

I have had ppl think they know better than me and my boss and i tell them if thats the case go start their own damn company and do it their way but as long as you work for us you do what the big boss wants and you do it the way the customer wants.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
So he is saying that half of americans are unemployed? That would equate to approx 50% not 8%?!

Figures must be wrong?

Uh, no.

U.S population]
edit on 9-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

The U.S has over 300 million people in it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Seriously... The only reason we aren't in riots now..IF this is true...is the benefits and handouts which are systemic now and didn't exist then. When those run out...and c'mon, they can't grow exponentially forever...even the mint has printing limits...we're in for it. Greece?? LOL.... Greece is a small nation and everyone pretty well agrees who to be mad at. The US is, again, 330 million who can't agree on the weather, let alone who to be violent against when the cupboards are bare and the gas tank is dry as a bone.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I agree rabbit! Austerity along with fear of the very large Government that is right now in transition from supporting the populus to policing the populus. I believe this shift will go into effect around election time this
year but that's only if the economy can stay afloat till then! We have allowed this to happen and I Believe this has been in the works for centuries. These Elitist have used peoples desire for self government to further their
agenda! They have used our differences to divide us and next they will use fear to help us to destroy ourselves!
Mark my words this will happen, though how long this takes to perpetuate will depend on how resistant to controlling the information we will be. I would love to see people unite to destroy this evil and lock these evil men up but i don't think we have the courage to band togeather. The smartest thing these men did was to make America so selfish, materialistic and apathetic! They used Television to desensitise us from violence so that we ignore all we see! I feel it to be hopeless and have been expecting this to happen all my life! I just hope that when whatever happens does that many will pass away quickly. God knows that Man kind has suffered enough and if this is to be the end let it come in the night in a millisecond, like the flash of a camera bulb! I will pray for us all, Let God have mercy on us all and even to them that are helping to perpetuate it! For As our lord had said
"Father please forgive t hem for they don't know what it is they do"!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
what people need to realize is that in order to make it to the top on your own its gonna take some good old fashioned elbow grease and sacrifice.

The top of what anyway?

I decided long ago that I don't want to step on peoples heads to "make it to the top" and I am not alone.
I am not desperate, I don't want to TAKE power over other people and I don't want to live in excess while some have nothing to eat.
You see, I want everyone to be happy and have an equal opportunity towards happiness.

We should do sacrifices mostly for global happiness, not only for individual.
We have the brains and the technology to make everyone free, happy and wealthy enough to enjoy what life has to offer.

There is a shortage of job and you say we should work 2 jobs? So basically, you think you should take away the chance of another human being to feed his family to live in your personal excess. I don't know how you live, but if you can't make it with a 40 hours a week job, you are simply spending too much or in the wrong places.
edit on 9-4-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mossadstooge

A star for you my freind. I think your right. People are finally smartinin up and smelling all of the horse crap for what it is. The system is being held together will chewing gum and bailing wire until after Obama is declared King of all of the land of misfit toys...I doubt that they can pull it off. So quit your job, get on the dole and watch this sucker come tumblin down!

Yah, I think it is tumbling down, this is the same complaint heard all over the world, I'm currently in Algeria listening to an old man this morning on the bus, complaining about France and how there is no work anymore, everyone is suffering but the US I fear may yet suffer more. This vid is from the 8th of April, it should have its own thread, just saw it, its a US Military Colonel speaking about the attack on Americans having already started, and the NDAA Military plans, whats going to happen by dec 5th, this shoud be viral, BREAKING! ATTACK ON AMERICA STARTED!!! NDAA Military Plans.... MAKE VIRAL !

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Originally posted by Mossadstooge

Yah, I think it is tumbling down, this is the same complaint heard all over the world, I'm currently in Algeria listening to an old man this morning on the bus, complaining about France and how there is no work anymore, everyone is suffering but the US I fear may yet suffer more. This vid is from the 8th of April, it should have its own thread, just saw it, its a US Military Colonel speaking about the attack on Americans having already started, and the NDAA Military plans, whats going to happen by dec 5th, this shoud be viral, BREAKING! ATTACK ON AMERICA STARTED!!! NDAA Military Plans.... MAKE VIRAL !

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

o look at it from a different point of view i feel that we have become defeatists. in the past people worked from dusk til dawn to get things done. now their are people calling for a 15-20 hour work week. that my friends is a pipe dream and you must be smoking the pipe if you think anything will ever get done. what americans need to do is pull themselves up by the bootstraps work two jobs if needed and get rid of our iphones, cable bills and other unnecessary bills. problem is no one wants to work

My Boss makes fun of me because all I want to do is work. Working as a tech, degree is BSEE, offered to be salaried so no OT issues, no fighting with accounting so I can work alot, no can do in So.CA.

I guess they are out there. Working with the Euro's, those people spend more time on holiday than working I think. I dunno, I would work more if there was more work.

The truth is that this period of relative stability that has been purchased by unprecedented levels of government debt will soon give way to even more economic trouble.

One of my readers recently brought to my attention a list of some of the major companies that are currently getting rid of workers....

Ford will be laying off 1,200 assembly line workers later on this month.

Pittsburgh-based paint and coating manufacturer PPG has announced that it will be laying off 2,000 workers.

J.C. Penney recently laid off 600 workers and has plans to lay off another 300 workers in July.

Lockheed Martin has announced that it will be laying off hundreds of workers.

Dow Chemical has announced that hundreds of workers are going to be laid off.

Yahoo has formally announced that it will be getting rid of about 2,000 workers.

Sony has announced plans to eliminate 10,000 jobs globally.

Even Oprah Winfrey is laying off workers. Oprah is reducing the size of the staff at the OWN network by 20 percent.

Meanwhile, our economy continues to bleed jobs at an astounding pace. At a time when American workers desperately need jobs, millions of them continue to be sent overseas.

edit on 9-4-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What is the definition of "Under-Employed?"

Electrical engineer working as a technician...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

my post was for people complaining they do not have enough. to the people complaining and saying that it is not possible to get ahead. it is becoming more and more difficult but it is still possible. you can have two jobs even in this economy but the problem is people dont want to work at fast food places or factories. i was listening to a radio show the other day and they were saying that there is a big demand for machinists but they are having trouble finding anyone that wants to do it. i do respect your atittude about materialistic things and if it makes you happy to live a meager existence then by all means do so, but for me and my family i would like to eventually move on up like the jeffersons and i am realizing that its gonna take effort, sacrifice and hard work. that has probably been the same concept since time began.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

By underemployed, I mean I am unable to get work in my degree field, at my level and/or only getting part time work. My knowledge and skills are not being used or underutilized. This creates a compounding problem. It increases the time between or since utilizing the skills needed for an appropriate level and field of work, and despite the universal awareness of the bad markets and unemployment, employers still equate not working in the field or having to take less work as being less or unqualified for a position making it harder to get into positions.

After 2 years of trying to find appropriate work, I have lost all hope. I work what I can, when I can. This has meant construction, scrapping, multiple jobs etc. Things that any high school drop out could do, let alone a college graduate and military veteran.

At my age, and looking at the forecast for the US and global economies, I have no anticipation of being able to save or have a retirement, or put kids through college. I only have one child, although had hoped for many more. We put off having others until we could support them. We are only getting older and the ability to support more is less and less likely. I see I will lose out on that aspect of life. Not to mention the degrading state of freedom in the US. All these combinations have made me bitter and detached from humanity. So the last hope I have is for 2012 to be the end. I hate to even think of my child having to grow up in a world as it is now; even more so if it will only get worse.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Robot fixing robots.

We do not anticipate any further good news...

Not as applicable but another good one

And my all time fav

edit on 9-4-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 9-4-2012 by kawika because: added image

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Are you saying that you're an adjunct or a contingent lecturer? I have a great deal to say about the plight of the adjunct professor, as I spent years suffering as a career adjunct before I caught a break. Obviously, I won't state everything.

For those of you who are unaware, the adjunct professor is the lifeblood of universities and colleges in the U.S. (I am not sure just how widespread this issue is elsewhere).

Adjuncts typically have at least a master's degree, and little teaching experience when they start out. They are usually hired in on a semester stipend equivalent to what most full-time faculty make in one pay period. That stipend is then parceled out over a three-to-four month period after the adjunct must wait a month or more for the drop period to end (if enough students drop, the class can simply be dismissed permanently and the adjunct then gets nothing for the month of work already performed). Due to the nature of this contractual position, it is prudent to obtain several adjunct professorships at several area universities/colleges.

Before I continue, there are two types of adjuncts: 1)the disgruntled and lazy adjunct; 2)the disgruntled and passionate adjunct.

The first type often cancels class or gives easy A's in an attempt to minimize the amount of work done given the pay. After all, the adjunct technically only gets paid for the time they spend in front of the class - everything else: responding to Emails, grading tests/papers/homework, attending mandatory meetings and professional development, etc. is done on one's own time and dime.

The second type loathes their position, but feels compelled to keep going because they know it is what they are meant to do (that and mountain biking) and they feel a tremendous loyalty to the student populations. The second type is also aware that loyalty really is not important - only hard work and dedication to the profession itself. Most of your full-time counterparts began as adjuncts, and the ones who have not been pacified by decades of blissful tenure will do what they can for the second time when they are able (there is an awful lot of red tape and interdepartmental politics to factor in to one's quest to achieve a full-time position). If you don't have allies, you're just wasting your time.

Again, don't just bank on your favorite school - apply absolutely everywhere. If you're doing a fine job and impressing the interviewers, your departments will continuously get calls and begin to feel as though they have a resource in the glorified wage slave they have (btw, an average of 40% or more of America's universities and colleges are staffed by adjunct faculty). Most of the time, career adjuncts burn out long before the myth of a full-time position becomes reality.

If you are an adjunct in this country, walking away from your "job" is easy because there isn't much in it for you based on the amount of effort you should put into it. It's even easy if you have a family to consider, because you can make more ad McDonald's as a line cook or whatever they are actually called (executive polymer patty engineer?). It's easy to walk away because, honestly, there is so much more out there for you. You have an advanced degree, get creative with it! It can be difficult to find the energy to find something else, but there's so much out there! Shoot - last summer I was still an adjunct, and made more over the summer flipping yard sale antiques on Online auction sites than I did in three semesters teaching a total of 15 courses.

Finally, I will connect this to the larger issue at hand with more incontrovertible anecdotal evidence: companies use the resources available until they can no longer benefit from them (either material or employees) and obtain resources elsewhere or shrink a little if they have to so the bosses can keep the Corvettes. I think what is happening is that, given all of the other related crises not mentioned, but implied subtextually, people are getting wise to the fact that they are sort of up the creek regardless of what they do to attempt to right their course. I think, perhaps, people are just trying to make the most of a bad situation.

When working no longer provides anywhere near the means to live on a planet we were born on (yes, I believe it is lunacy to have to be forced to pay for basic necessities such as a sustainable amount of food, shelter, water, etc). This way of life severely limits the capacity of the human being to grow to their full potential - and that is hurting us more than not being able to get jobs selling various brikka-brak (flashy cars, tv sets, pug statues) to the people who don't really need them (everyone). Working is a joke for many people. 40-50+ hours per week with little or no vacation time for a 1/4 bag of peanuts. I don't blame most for walking out.

edit on 9-4-2012 by Freedom35 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join