It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF 1/3 Americans QUIT Work! Angry ends near dont hav anything to live 4 just want Benefits not Job

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Oh I see. Is this related to the whole big David Wilcock and Bejamin Fulford thing and the bankers running scared and the arrests that are supposed to be coming soon?
I really hope things will change soon. I feel like the whole world is right on the edge of a cliff and people are starting to lose it. It feels like something really monumental needs to happen soon so we can focus our energy and regain some sanity.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
people are out of work because there lazy

i see help wanted signs all the time theres jobs everywhere

grocery stores, convienant stores, fast food places.

but every1 crys because they dont pay enough so they just choose not to even apply

and if u do apply and dont get the job at say mcdonalds then there something wrong with u
cause they hire anybody lol

if it doesnt pay enough get 2 jobs u lazy bastards

who says we should only work 40 hours a week? and we need days off ?

we gotta have us time lol..

bs get 2 jobs

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
For many the American deal appears to be dead it has been bundled up and shipped overseas.

What else would stop the flood of third worlders into the Republic? The American Citizenary doesn't have the stomach to use military force to evict the unwanted immigrants(legal or illegal), so economic means are being used to achieve the same result.

Add in the coming welfare cuts across the nation, I could see the illegals flooding back to Mexico soon. After all, there are no good jobs anymore(construction boom is over). The currency transfer rate is constantly going down due to the devaluation of the dollar, so sending money back is becoming harder and harder to do. Even harder with job in agriculture, and to a degree industrial that paid pathetically low before the Quantitative Easing began.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by pshea38

Oh I see. Is this related to the whole big David Wilcock and Bejamin Fulford thing and the bankers running scared and the arrests that are supposed to be coming soon?
I really hope things will change soon. I feel like the whole world is right on the edge of a cliff and people are starting to lose it. It feels like something really monumental needs to happen soon so we can focus our energy and regain some sanity.

Have a listen to the radio link i posted. I think you will be encouraged. Pay little
attention to stories released in the next while brimming with fear and misery .
Laugh loudly. I will.
It is the last throws of the dying.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

SHTF 1/3 Americans QUIT Work! Angry ends near dont hav anything to live 4 just want Benefits not Job

My wife is the manager of a national-chain store brand. She's constantly looking high and low for decent help because the people she hires just don't want to work. Some are lazy, others work for a first paycheck and walk away... other just call out every other day.

There are jobs out there for the honest worker. But I have to agree that we've lost our desire, as a nation, to do anything but sit around and suck down Micky D's cheeseburgers.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
How about we put a .gov to the source to really help people realize.......

near the top make the year 1975 to 2012 and check include graph, interestingly enough you dont really see a rise till September 1980...the question is what happened then or before that could have caused this? Below I also included the wiki link for 1980 ill look through and before 1980 to see what I can find....
EDIT:To expand more on what I mean by rise, the years 1975 to 1980 the numbers fluctuate between 58 to 60 million then sept 1980 you get yor first 61 and from then on it seems to go up by an increasing rate and 2008 being the worst spike....

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980#section_1

data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS15000000?include_gr aphs=false&output_type=column&years_option=all_years
edit on 9-4-2012 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
God, what a depressing thread.

Everyone just needs to take a step back and realize that no one knows what the hell they're doing. And for the life of me I don't know why.

This goes for the people at the top, the middle, and the bottom. TSHTF when companies outsourced their work and illegals started flooding the country taking the low paying jobs that were left, because the people who became unemployed due to the outsourcing were accustomed to a cushy way of life and thought they were "better" than that.

These are probably the same people who have now had to resort to living in tent cities. And the illegals? They just went back where to they came from. When the pyramid starts crumbling from the top and no one has the insight to know why or the ballz to say anything about it, it's going to keep crumbling. And the best you can do at that point is to get out of way of the falling bricks.

All I hear on the news, what little I watch, is speculation about how things might or might not wind up in an unknown period of time. Things are gonna get better.....things are gonna get worse. You know why they're full of hot air? Not to mislead or misinform us. Quit being paranoid. They don't know HOW to fix the problem. No one does because there is no one alive who has ever been in a situation as dire as this one. All those projections they make about how things are going to get better or worse? I'd really like to know what they base those projections on because we really are living in unprecedented times right now. You HAVE to have a precedent to have a conjecture in this case. Otherwise you're shooting arrows in the dark. And if there are any people left from the great depression who had to live through it as adults, they'll be too old to be taken seriously by this culture that doesn't revere the aged population as much as it should. Fine, they're just water bags waiting to die? YOU fix the problem a-hole.

We don't know what we're doing and we're too proud to admit it. And if anything is going to lead to our downfall, it's that.

Aeons.......I read your one post about how you've been learning that your pride has been holding you back and you're learning how to let it go. Good for you hon. It's good to see that at least ONE person is waking up to that reality.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

blog.heritage.org...

Topic is consistent two-fold:

1- This year’s Index of Dependence on Government presented startling findings about the sharp increase of Americans who rely on the federal government for housing, food, income, student aid or other assistance: approx 25% Americans today receive some level of assistance from the federal government

2- Percentage of Americans who don’t pay income taxes, now accounts for nearly half of the U.S. population. Meanwhile, most of that population receives generous federal benefits.

Conclusion: Since most all people are required a W2 & W4 as part of legal hiring in USA, (unless they 1099 or SE which only few indie contractors etc do) state & fed deduction would be coming out of their check automatically and they would be paying income taxes to fed "automatically" and they would be filing to get back at least some of the money thru standard/itemized deductions every year, religiously. Most people in their right mind. So its shocking Fed is not getting ANYTHING from Half the US population anymore as far as Income tax, AT ALL. Those W2/W4 forms do require exemption claims (which are a federal offense if lied about) and even with a few claims, a sizeable amount is required to be deducted/withheld for federal taxes, amounts to whooping near 1/3 of the income, roughly.

So.... obviously if half the American population aren't paxing taxes for years now, since at least 2009, that is shows how chronically unemployed and removed from the workforce approx HALF of USA population has become, and other related charts show the increase is a stark upward curve toward virtually a 100% Unemployed America within a few more months or years.

Likewise at least 1 in 2 of all Unemployed Americans is confirmed as received Federal benefits, instead of working. Add to that State and City benefits, and we see a definite shift of roughly already half of Americans away from work and onto public benefits. The other (shrinking) half of us who still make an honest living and do not live off of Federal &or State public benefits, are likely in some way taking the financial pressure somewhere in the present or down the line (ie, SS benefit deductions continue despite the fact we will never see them no matter how no matter how much or hard we work, cause of the huge national debt and now half the population on perpetual 'big babies' child support, for starters)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hired 4 guys to do some work on my ranch. It wasn't hard work, just some planting shrubs, and some painting. In 3 days I had no help! 2 quit, 1 his girlfriend was sick, and the other said it was worth more than 9 bucks an hour to paint a fence in 70 degrees, spring time. There you go. So I hired 2 Mexican fellows, they got the job done in 2 days, and only cost me 60 bucks for the 2 days of work they did.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Mr_skepticc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Blown out of proportion, i have been having issues with employment but if its one thing about the USa their is always something to do. Granted you might not have access to facebook or myspace (or ATS for that matter) but if your on the job do the damn job and quit half assing everything. I frequently go to a career center looking for more stable work(i am a window installer that mostly does high end window installations in new constucted homes) and the peoples excuse for NOT taking a job blows my mind.

I dont know what the hell is wrong with guys my age (im 26) but work ethic has been lossed as well as respect. If someone really wanted job they could find one, might not pay what you want(or what one THINKS they deserve) but the work is there. You dont have to go to a 2 or 4 year school for a desent wage either you can DL every kind of book imaginable(although sometimes its piracy, but for educational purposes) and pay about $90 bucks to be certified in something like ASE mechanic cert, HVAC, lots of different contruction based education, stuff like that.
Hell ive got about 20 different Ebooks on Aviation and i plan on teaching myself the basics of Airframe and Powerplant maintainence and im learning or should say memorizing all the FAA regulations and so on and so forth.

And just a little bit of jobhunting/interview advice pants around the knees, a "ghetto" accent, and lack of respect is not going to get the job. Pull the damn pants up, talk with some damn respect(and mouth movment) stop useing phrases the last great rapper just came up with because nobody knows WTF you are saying. Sorry for the rant but i also do the hiring for the company i work for, been needing to more guys just two and ive interviews about 14, later it will be 16 and not one person ive met so far has cared more about the job than whats on their phone. Checking your messages in the middle of an interview will get your ass thrown out.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Hired 4 guys to do some work on my ranch. It wasn't hard work, just some planting shrubs, and some painting. In 3 days I had no help! 2 quit, 1 his girlfriend was sick, and the other said it was worth more than 9 bucks an hour to paint a fence in 70 degrees, spring time. There you go. So I hired 2 Mexican fellows, they got the job done in 2 days, and only cost me 60 bucks for the 2 days of work they did.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Mr_skepticc because: (no reason given)

That's a shame.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I love hiring ppl from Mexico, friendly fast and hard working and they do great work as long as you make them use a level

And if you let them bring a grill like my boss does on the weekends its party time

Ive got a team that can go to a house and replace about 20 large windows with minimal equipment and they get it done in one day! well as long as everything goes smoothly. Had another team with black and white guys but everytime they would be on their phones or worried what someone else was doing. I caught some heat after i fired 3 of them but if they couldnt do the job why should i pay them? Skin color dont make me your brother.

link   
u tell it like it is, only way to go, against the downward grain: UP

of all the people in my fam, the gov employees of course get the most fed/gov benefits (working or on pension/layover)

while the self employed MECHANICS and HVAC techs make way more money than me or anyone in my family, including one Cardiologist one Pediatrician and one Internal Med/GP.

go figure! i'm on the low end but i've never been on unemployment or any fed/state benefits in my life yet (knockonwood) but in contrast i see most everyone in grocer like swiping their EBT and for 2 whole carts its like they get $200-$300 in groceries from their benefit per month? and most all are fat FAT FAT. guess im a light eater, that would last me a year i live alone tho. and the sloppiness and ghetto talk black, white, asian, young, old, why have so many ppl let themselves go yet they come off as so strong and so empowered and self righteous. *cringe*

link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

or.....
more and more income is being covered by the multitude of tax deductions, tax credits??

my family didn't earn close the mean family income, and we paid taxes, so well, there are people who are making much more than us that are walking away not paying taxes obviously!!!

edit on 9-4-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Sorry it always bugs me when people say pay no income tax = paying no tax

Especially when income tax only accounts for about 31 or so percent of the US government total tax take.

Can you explain why people think that no income tax = paying no tax?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Fiction, pure fiction or a small regional survey. I say 'survey' cautiously too.

If you want to give up, go ahead, more opportunity for those with a positive attitude, There are places where the unemployment has skyrocketed, California comes to mind, where jobs are primarily government, as EPA and other restrictions have become toxic to business. The other places hit hard had artificial industries, Las Vegas comes to mind. Others like Detroit, with unusually large minority population accustom to the auto industry or entitlements. Where I am, if you want to work, it's available. But as everywhere, unskilled people will have a low pay scale. If your a drop-out, don't expect much, and so it has always been.

The OP is of the doom and gloom subscriber type obviously, and your story bolstered with inaccurate information. Information weather true or not, is being used to further the veracity of the story. While it is true that entitlements have strained the government coffers and the mindset is toxic for any nation, it is simply the ending of many of the entitlement programs, or the scaling down, that has brought some discomfort to those basically unwilling to work. Such is their reward for scamming the system. The free lunch days are over.

As is the weekly trend, the typically story appears (this story) and a few inaccurate numbers and facts half heartedly thrown out, and those reading the title, quickly browsing and (knee-jerking) but failing to examine any depth to the post, will believe and quickly comment in agreement.

Deny Ignorance, open sources of information, read, search, or jump on the samo-samo weekly world is ending- everything's horrble, the world is ending rant.

You know what OP, your right the world here at ATS is going to heak in a handbasket, I'm going outside and work, no more time to waste here on a ship of fools all determined to wreak. I'm going out and Do Something today, to help my neighbor or myself, and contribute something to my surroundings. It's true, I gott'a get away from getting sucked into these sites in the morning, as I was looking for interesting stories, but the place has......... you all know..... Have A prosperous fruitfull day all.... ..Later.!
edit on 9-4-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

or.....
more and more income is being covered by the multitude of tax deductions, tax credits??

actually they are pointing out 49.5% of Americans not claimed as a dependent, don't even pay a dollar in income tax, .

i can see how deductions, credits use might have increased but no way not from 14.8% to 49.5% change its not even the total tax they are looking at, they are looking at specifically # of Americans who pay NO fed tax whatsoever. there's NO way to write off 100% of your income down thru itemized and credits, etc to ZERO unless you are pulling a fast one on uncle sam to zero out your taxable income after deductions which of course gets huge fines and federal prison

“The percentage of people who do not pay federal income taxes, and who are not claimed as dependents by someone who does pay them, jumped from 14.8 percent in 1984 to 49.5 percent in 2009.” That means 151.7 million Americans paid nothing in 2009.

blog.heritage.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Fiction, pure fiction or a small regional survey. I say 'survey' cautiously too.

The OP is of the doom and gloom subscriber type obviously, and your story bolstered with inaccurate information. I

Deny Ignorance, open sources of information, read, search, or jump on the samo-samo weekly world is ending- everything's horrble, the world is ending rant.

Pure fiction.

And you can even comment on details of "the" survey despite the fact I updated most recent page by posting a new thread with a different survey whose statistics are sadly grimmer.

I supposed I spefically dug up FICTION surveys. Pure fiction and doom and gloom, yep.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

But they aren't pointing out how much this 49% are paying through payroll and sales taxes for example. Income tax is a major tax, but it's a tax amongst many...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I'm sure some people might be feeling "racial tension" or whatever, but imo it's very very few. 1/3 of the country has, according to the government, "chosen not to work" ...

This is key.

This is your government saying "It's not our fault, they just don't want to work!"
This is BS.

Every government manipulates the numbers wherever they can to make it seem like things are not as bad as they actually are. We have been seeing this for years in the UK and USA when it comes to unemployment figures.

In the UK the government spent billions on putting unemployed teens into "apprenticeships" which are actually not - they're just slave labor. There are no jobs for them at the end of it. The training companies are now rolling in cash for giving a kid a certificate that is basically meaningless.
But it allows the government to take all those kids out of the unemployed bracket so things don't look bad. And it allows the government to throw billions of £/$ at companies they've (probably) made personal little financial arrangements with too.

Now that our governments cannot convincingly keep the unemployed statistics down artificially, they have to resort to lying and saying the people "choose" to be out of work.

It's crap, anyone here who has had to claim benefits would not willingly go back to it. It's demoralizing, depressing, boring and doesn't get you anywhere.

Do people really think that others would RATHER live in a trailer and eat cheap food for the rest of their lives than work a decent job and work their way out of it?

And why am I not surprised to see the race issue come up again?

ATS has become the most racist website I think I have ever visited. Every single thread on here seems to swerve into "blaming the blacks!" or "it's those pesky Moslems!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join