It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Why didn't they wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
FFS! They faked going to the moon.
What do people need - MKultra?
The evidence is overwhelming.
www.cluesforum.info... etc. etc.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and what ever 'evidence' you think there is, has been debunked repeatedly. Why do you choose to ignore it?

How many interviews did the most famous man EVER, Neil Headstrong, give again?
Oh ya, that's right. NONE!

Really? Neil Armstrong gave no interviews?

Not a good actor/liar, is all.
A bible-fearing man, I believe.

What does anyone's religious beliefs have to do with the fact that they landed on the moon??

Buzz is Buzz though.

Buzz Aldrin is not Neil Armstrong. You can not even put together a coherent argument.

What a load of Bollocks that this debate is still going on!

Yeah, it's because a small fringe group of retards fail to research anything and keep screaming "hoax" without looking anything up.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by pshea38
How many interviews did the most famous man EVER, Neil Headstrong, give again?
Oh ya, that's right. NONE!

Except for the one in 1970 with Patrick Moore, Oshkosh 1994, 2001 by Stephen Ambrose and Douglas Brinkley, 60 minutes in 2005, in 2010 etc etc.

So why did you claim he has never done a interview?

I have noticed the "moon hoax" crowd fails to do any research. They enjoy making things up and pretending they are factual.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh ExCUSE us for thinking it would be nice to wave to the camera.

Of course getting to the moon was no big deal , they had to WORK there LOL.

"Hey dude this is never gonna happen again so better get to work, before the fuel runs out
or AIR errrr.

This ain't no dog and pony show !!

Hey the entire rest of the time is for hamming , but NO WAY UP HERE.. I cannot possibly spend 5 seconds of the time here waving to a camera that was set up even before i got here, and hell how about all the time it took me too setup this camera that can barely see a thing at all !!!

PRIORITIES MAN, we work for some CORPORATE DUDES, don't get them mad when we are way out here."

The official moon story people are more sensitive almost than the 9/11 defenders....ohhhh and the do not talk about Israel people, ahhh what ??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Hey the entire rest of the time is for hamming , but NO WAY UP HERE.. I cannot possibly spend 5 seconds of the time here waving to a camera that was set up even before i got here, and hell how about all the time it took me too setup this camera that can barely see a thing at all !!!

Can you please show us that the camera was set up "before they got there?"
I have an extremely strong feeling you are just making things up and will not be able to produce anything valid. Thanks in advance. I look forward to countering your argument with facts.

Also, why are you so offended that they did not wave?

The lack of logic in you people never ceases to absolutely amaze me.
edit on 4-8-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
They also had a full plate of things to do in each EVA with very little time to do them, not spend time standing there waving at the world watching them.

yeah they had to take 121 photos in 031 minutes LOL (perfectly framed)

Apollo 11.....121 photos in 031 minutes........3.90 photos per minute
Apollo 12.....504 photos in 230 minutes........2.19 photos per minute
Apollo 14.....374 photos in 385 minutes........0.97 photos per minute
Apollo 15...1021 photos in 750 minutes........1.36 photos per minute
Apollo 16...1765 photos in 854 minutes .......2.06 photos per minute
Apollo 17...1986 photos in 844 minutes .......2.35 photos per minute

Apollo 11........one photo every 15 seconds
Apollo 12........one photo every 27 seconds
Apollo 14........one photo every 62 seconds
Apollo 15........one photo every 44 seconds
Apollo 16........one photo every 29 seconds
Apollo 17........one photo every 26 seconds

joke is on us for believing this crap
edit on 8-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
They also had a full plate of things to do in each EVA with very little time to do them, not spend time standing there waving at the world watching them.

Apollo 11.....121 photos in 031 minutes........3.90 photos per minute
Apollo 12.....504 photos in 230 minutes........2.19 photos per minute
Apollo 14.....374 photos in 385 minutes........0.97 photos per minute
Apollo 15...1021 photos in 750 minutes........1.36 photos per minute
Apollo 16...1765 photos in 854 minutes .......2.06 photos per minute
Apollo 17...1986 photos in 844 minutes .......2.35 photos per minute

Apollo 11........one photo every 15 seconds
Apollo 12........one photo every 27 seconds
Apollo 14........one photo every 62 seconds
Apollo 15........one photo every 44 seconds
Apollo 16........one photo every 29 seconds
Apollo 17........one photo every 26 seconds

edit on 8-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

Where are you pulling these numbers?
You are wrong, as debunked here:

pseudoastro.wordpress.com...

It seems the joke is only on you.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

They were there to document their mission and trained to take photos...what else would they do?

As for perfectly framed images, there are several unexposed, underexposed, non-framed images in each cartridge returned from the moon. The only pictures you've probably seen are the public relations images released to the public through mass media.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

This link is a fantastic breakdown of some of the supposed "bad images."

What is this:
AS11-38-5612

Great shot:
AS11-40-5904

Wow, this one is really well done:
AS11-40-5966A

All of them perfect and completely awesome!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Isn't it obvious? ......Aliens........Aliens hate waving.

Also, you know who else never waved? Lee Harvey Oswald! Go on....Just try to find a picture of him waving! You can't! Do you know who can be seen waving at people as he was riding around in his limo on a fateful day in Dallas? Yep....JFK. Oswald knew the Aliens would kill JFK if he waved, and tried to warn him in the only way possible from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository....by shooting out the tires on JFK's limo....Unfortunately Oswald (as has been uncovered by investigators of the JFK assassination) was a terrible shot, and accidently shot JFK in the head!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Ove38
Did any of the Apollo astronauts wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

I just spent some time looking at the TV camera video, and realised there is an even better reason.

ALL of the examples you posted of people waving are where the camera is up close and personal with the astronaut.

As seen in the video below, and later parts you can click from there, this was never the case with the TV camera. Neil takes the camera on a tripod far from the LEM (via a cable) and apart from one time when Buzz walks past it while busy with locomotion experiments, none of them ever go back near the camera at any point.
Its always a distant thing while they are busy working.

Would you say the same for Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 live TV transmissions from the surfaces of the moon ? Didn't any of the twelve astronauts have a single second to wave to the world ?

China's astronaut is waving to us at 4:40 > www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-4-2012 by Ove38 because: link fix

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Nice sound stage!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Ove, I cannot comprehend why you think anybody should ever wave at the camera. In my family, it was considered cheesy. My Dad's collection of family movies goes back more than 50 years, and the only people waving are children. How can you possibly think that because you think they should have waved, that the absence of a wave is somehow suspicious? Who the hell made you Supreme Judge of Hand Gestures for All Mankind?

OK, OK, so maybe some people feel different about it than my family. Fair enough. Charlie Duke agrees with you. 4/5th of the way through this video, he waves at John Young as the latter takes his picture. Here is the photo (as you can tell from the shadow, Young is shooting almost directly up-sun, which is why there's so much glare).

Two other things about this sequence:

- In reference to the time vs. # of photos, you can see that Young shoots this 18-frame panorama in about a minute. During that time, Duke is also shooting photographs. One of the many problems with the infamous time/photo study is that the person who wrote it subtracted the time allocated for sample collection, rover traverses and ALSEP setup from the time available for photography. In reality, photographic documentation was an integral part of all of these activities. Standard procedure for sample collection (especially on the later missions) was to take a couple of pix of the rock in situ, pick-up and bag the sample, then take a picture of the area without the rock (they did not always do this, but it gives you an idea of the process). During rover traverses, the LMP would snap a picture every few hundred feet. Between this activity and the panoramas, they went through a lot of film.

- In this clip, like in nearly every other piece of lunar EVA footage, we see the astronauts casually and inadvertantly kick the thick lunar dust as they move around. The effect is remarkable: Even small foot motions send out sprays of dirt several feet away. This can only happen in low gravity. When the astronauts are closer to the TV camera, you can see that the dust is fine enough (like portland cement) to make a footprint yet it does not billow at all. This behavior is only possible in a good vacuum. Right there, you have absolute proof that these men are on the Moon. The behavior of the dust cannot be faked on Earth. No amount of "video trickery" can produce these long-flying sprays of non-billowing dust. Hollywood has tried, using CGI, but the effect was not convincing. You are welcome to try, too. Post your results here.

No amount of "suspicions", or "photographic anomalies", or distrust of government can change the fact that these videos show clear, unfakable proof of men on the surface of our moon.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

So the absence of a wave to the camera, is proof they did not land on the moon. What a suspicious anomaly.

I enjoy laughing at your posts, keep em coming.
edit on 4-9-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People you are being played. The content of the entire effort made to support this thread shouldn't evoke the extent of research offered in this thread when the entire accumulative support the OP offers is as follow in entirety. (no links).

Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space. They also wave before they leave and when they come back. Did any of the Apollo astronauts wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

To me, the lack of waving to the world on Live TV from the moon's surface is yet another Apollo anomaly.

No, it would feel real

Would you say the same for Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 live TV transmissions from the surfaces of the moon ? Didn't any of the twelve astronauts have a single second to wave to the world ?

Content like that IMO earns an entire rebuttal from me as follows;

So.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You am taking the pee here Mr OP. What would you have liked with your popcorn, a two man Mexican wave and the Fandango! They waved goodbye when they left, they greeted all and sundry when they got back home in one piece. Had it been me up there, there would surely have been a very large anomaly, at the bottom of my spacesuit after the rocket trip alone. What some of the no-mooners come up with
It makes the most outlandish 9/11 truthers ideas look written in stone.

Any Moon anomaly is moot anyway, since no-mooners are agreed that the astronauts/any astronaut got no further than 300 miles from Earth. That has been well debunked, and ironically by the no-Mooners themselves.

Grey map overlay by Nimbus 3 satellite july 16th on small Earth image filmed by Apollo 11, They match almost exactly.
edit on 9-4-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space.

How about a salute?
Thats kindof like a wave.

Right at the end, just as Nixon finishes talking to them.

Probably because a salute would have had the world (or just ATS) screaming......

DID YOU SEE THE MASONIC SALUTE THEY JUST GAVE FROM THE MOON?? OMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
People you are being played. The content of the entire effort made to support this thread shouldn't evoke the extent of research offered in this thread when the entire accumulative support the OP offers is as follow in entirety. (no links).

Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space. They also wave before they leave and when they come back. Did any of the Apollo astronauts wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

To me, the lack of waving to the world on Live TV from the moon's surface is yet another Apollo anomaly.

No, it would feel real

Content like that IMO earns an entire rebuttal from me as follows;

So.

I have to agree with you at this point. I noticed a post that got me very interested in spending some time tonight hunting for material I used to debunk it the last time I saw it mentioned. That being how there was a camera to film the Astronauts coming out of the lander the first time, each mission. A lengthy bit to look into, as I recall and so fascinating for how they actually solved that issue with hardware and clever mechanical solutions that I got lost in it for the better part of an evening way back.

After reading and considering your words here though..

Heck with it. You make one of the best points in the thread. Why spend yet another hour or two of my time running around the net for material to make a nice reply post when this is about the 100th thread claiming this very thing or something ALMOST exactly like it on ATS in general? I'll bet to look back at threads 1 or 2 or 3 years ago, the same arguments were used on both sides which all lead to the same place this thread eventually will. No minds changed..and nothing accomplished.

@ How could the cameras have been there before the men were?

I'll just reply to that one post by saying.....NASA really has a few brain cells between them. They didn't hire aliens to hold the camera and it really did work, just like it seems to have. Almost like they knew what they were doing.
For anyone who does go do the work, the solution IS amazing and like everything else on Apollo....a real wonder that everything worked as well as it did.

jra

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Yes, the joke really is on you if you believe what Jack White tells you. Apollo 11's EVA was 2 hours and 31 minutes. There is absolutely no reason what so ever to take the 31 minutes and calculate the photos per minute based on that. Photos were taken throughout the entire 2 hours and 31 minutes, so one should calculate the ppm for the full time of the EVA. And that works out to 0.8 ppm. You should recalculate the numbers based on actual EVA time. That and Apollo's 12 - 17 had both astronauts taking photos, so you can divide that final ppm in half for two astronauts. Only Apollo 11 had one astronaut (Armstrong), taking photos.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join