It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Why didn't they wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
They also had a full plate of things to do in each EVA with very little time to do them, not spend time standing there waving at the world watching them.

To me, the lack of waving to the world on Live TV from the moon's surface is yet another Apollo anomaly.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38
To me, the lack of waving to the world on Live TV from the moon's surface is yet another Apollo anomaly.

yet if they had waved you would be saying 'why are they wasting time waving", that is another anomaly....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

If this whole thing was a movie---wouldn't the script girl have noticed that the guys weren't waving? "Excuse me Mr. Kubrick, but Armstrong is waving enough."

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG!!! THIS IS SO FREKING....

Stupid... A waist of my time. I am thinking about deleting my account.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

yet if they had waved you would be saying 'why are they wasting time waving", that is another anomaly....

No, it would feel real

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
oops, you just blew it

if they were in a hollywood basement, no problem waving

on the moon, there are timing issues, safety concerns, and oh yeah, actual work to be done

LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Ah, I see. You are right, that is a very short delay time. I guess I expected it would be longer.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Hmmm...wonder why there is such a long response via satellite from the other side of the world when we could talk to men on the moon in under 3 seconds half a century ago?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

You're right, you just blew the lid off the Apollo hoax, because they didn't ham it up in front of the camera. Maybe it would have been more believable if they had stood in front of the camera and did a "Hi mom"

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Did any of the Apollo astronauts wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

I just spent some time looking at the TV camera video, and realised there is an even better reason.

ALL of the examples you posted of people waving are where the camera is up close and personal with the astronaut.

As seen in the video below, and later parts you can click from there, this was never the case with the TV camera. Neil takes the camera on a tripod far from the LEM (via a cable) and apart from one time when Buzz walks past it while busy with locomotion experiments, none of them ever go back near the camera at any point.
Its always a distant thing while they are busy working.

The nearest any of them get to the camera is before they unfold the cable and detatch it from the LEM, where you can see at 2:50 Buzz holds his hand up to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The Lunar Landing Module had a separate fuel source for landing on the moon. That is what had only seconds of fuel left. If they ran out they would have crashed. In order not to crash, they would have had to burn the boosting rocket back off the moon without landing. There was another fuel source for lifting off the moon. There was another fuel source to get the capsule back to Earth. I.e., more than one gas tank if you want to speak simply about it. But, one tank would not fuel another.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

I hadn't thought of it this way myself, but you're absolutely right. If they had all waved, I could hear the hoax peple now. 'They would never have waved if they'd really been on another world where one false move could be fatal! HOAX!'

Now I am starting to understand why people like Buzz Aldrin have just lost it and flat out decked people recently. The poor guys who went there, risked everything for nothing more tangible than the accomplishment are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Like you point out here...after I took the other side for why they wouldn't wave. They just couldn't have done anything to convince a % in this later age.

Perhaps one of them could have just popped seals, taken off his Helmet and showed the world what boiling the human body looks like. THAT would have proven...wait... No.. NASA can duplicate the conditions in space for Vacuum and Temperature, can't they? The massive vehicle test chambers.... So even suicide for the cause really wouldn't stand as enough proof for some. Yikes... Crazy eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree with you on that; damned if they did, damned if they didnt. You can take one of those nonbelivers, stick them on a rocket now, land him at Tranquility Base, show him Neil Armstrong's footprints and he'll exclaim they put the stuff on the moon a few days before.
They only believe what they wanna believe

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My god,you really do not know anything about what we are talking about do you?

The small amount of fuel was left(had to be) just so they could blast back off the Moon to hook back up with the Orbiter to return home...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac573

My god,you really do not know anything about what we are talking about do you?

The small amount of fuel was left(had to be) just so they could blast back off the Moon to hook back up with the Orbiter to return home...

now i dont really care

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac573

The descent and ascent stages were totally separate - they couldn't share fuel. If they ran too low on the descent without actually landing, there was a preprogrammed abort sequence that would jettison the descent stage, fire the ascent stage and take them back to orbit.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
maybe they just didnt think of it.and they were probley in shock cause they just landed on the ##snip## moon

edit on Tue Apr 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
FFS! They faked going to the moon.
What do people need - MKultra?
The evidence is overwhelming.
www.cluesforum.info... etc. etc.

How many interviews did the most famous man EVER, Neil Headstrong, give again?
Oh ya, that's right. NONE!

Not a good actor/liar, is all.
A bible-fearing man, I believe.

Buzz is Buzz though.

What a load of Bollocks that this debate is still going on!
(NASA must Endeavour to keep up appearances though. Mon Dieu. ATS is infested.)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I saw it live!
They did wave to us all....but you may have missed it due to the subliminal ad to go get a TAB!
If you don't know what a TAB was....then you were not there.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
How many interviews did the most famous man EVER, Neil Headstrong, give again?
Oh ya, that's right. NONE!

Except for the one in 1970 with Patrick Moore, Oshkosh 1994, 2001 by Stephen Ambrose and Douglas Brinkley, 60 minutes in 2005, in 2010 etc etc.

So why did you claim he has never done a interview?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join