It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Not Refreshing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anyone know what's been going on with ATS for some time now? Once everything refresged every few minutes to show new topics. Now.. It refreshes once a day, or as often as I close my browser down completely and then open it back up. Since then, I've watched a few browsers do the same thing from home to work till finaly, every one of my browsers have given up auto refreshing ATS. I find that the page resets as though it will refresh, but the new topic article times never change and neither do the articles.

This kind of sucks because I dont have the ability to close up my browser multiple times a day. Once it's open in the morning, work keeps me from closing it out again. Ive even put ATS as my trusted sites and still does nothing for it.

Anyone have some ideas or thoughts on this? Is it just me?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not just you, mine does it too. Sometimes, the new topics page doesn't load either. Annoying!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's definatly a pain. I have yet to see my own new topic in the list. I have to go back to "MyATS" to see that someone responded! lol

Frustrating. I'm starting to get most of my news from alternative sources.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm still stewing and hating on the Fire-Hose pg... they "fixed it". : /

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Noticed the same thing here. Glad to know I' m not the only one. Thought my computer was screwing up.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Whenever I use Internet Explorer I have the same problem. I do not have this problem when using Firefox as a browser.......
Thanks for the thread I thought it was just me.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does the same thing to me as well. I wonder if it is just internet explorer. I have to close mine out and reopen it in order for it to update. It also did this as well before they made the change, at least for me it did. I like the new firehose page except the adds though.

Does this happen to anyone using other browsers?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

In the Firefox URL Bar: about:config
Press Enter
Type in "Refresh"
Look for "accessibility.blockautorefresh"
Toggle it to "True."

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
ok
On my workstation at work, it work ok
Now I plug in my laptop on to the same network and it does not auto refesh ????????
using explorer on both
workstation has XP
my laptop has window 7
Ho at home on a dish statelite Xplornet.com does not auto refesh also ????????????

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by theRhenn

In the Firefox URL Bar: about:config
Press Enter
Type in "Refresh"
Look for "accessibility.blockautorefresh"
Toggle it to "True."

Sorry Auto. Thanks anyways but I dont use Firefox. I'm afraid i'm stuck with IE.

It only started doing this some months back, and finaly now nothing refreshes, even by manualy refreshing the page. But again, this is for IE.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
ok
On my workstation at work, it work ok
Now I plug in my laptop on to the same network and it does not auto refesh ????????
using explorer on both
workstation has XP
my laptop has window 7
Ho at home on a dish statelite Xplornet.com does not auto refesh also ????????????

That must be it. Everythign points to IE 9. I found other things that do not work well in IE 9 that works perfect in 8. Sorting lists and what not as well. Not just here though, on other sites as well.

new topics

top topics

join