It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Tests 'Strategic Missile'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

1. Israel bombs the nuclear reactor (the US administration approval behind this)
2. Iran bombs Israel, Iraq and uses chemical weapons on the US soldiers (very likely)
3. US nukes Iran (else every one would know Israel has WMDs)
4. The middle east in total caos
5. North Korea steps in and nukes Israel and US

6. China invades Taiwan
7. Japan invades NK

Russia might even get in on the mix.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Er, sorry chaps, could someone explain number 3 to me please?

"3. US nukes Iran (else every one would know Israel has WMDs)"

I thought the whole world knows Israel has Nukes already?

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

1. Israel bombs the nuclear reactor (the US administration approval behind this)
2. Iran bombs Israel, Iraq and uses chemical weapons on the US soldiers (very likely)
3. US nukes Iran (else every one would know Israel has WMDs)
4. The middle east in total caos
5. North Korea steps in and nukes Israel and US

6. China invades Taiwan
7. Japan invades NK

Russia might even get in on the mix.

Would Japan attack a nuclear NK?
It will have to be US that Nuke NK

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Silent Smoke]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Would Japan attack a nuclear NK?
It will have to be US that Nuke NK

Not to mention Japan has nothing to attack NK with, and would never make a move on anyone without US approval and support anyway.

I think this is more plausable for #7:

7. NK invades SK

-raven

[edit on 26-9-2004 by raven2012]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yeah thats the direction i was going in!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on the bunker buster bomb. That is one big bomb. But does any happen to know how many war heads Irans balastic missle can carry? That does seem to be kina importand.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
Thanks for the info on the bunker buster bomb. That is one big bomb. But does any happen to know how many war heads Irans balastic missle can carry? That does seem to be kina importand.

The missiles are not MIRV capable. They are all basically derivatives of the SCUD which was based on the V-2 that Russia captured during WW2

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, commenting the topic, testing is a natural thing to do when you develop or improve products, this includes missiles too. First design, prototype, test, repair flaws, test again, produce and at some stage improve the design.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
Well, commenting the topic, testing is a natural thing to do when you develop or improve products, this includes missiles too. First design, prototype, test, repair flaws, test again, produce and at some stage improve the design.

No doubt, but there is a political element to this as well. While they were testing the missile, they were also "sending a messge" to Isreal and other powers in the region.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the info FredT. I supose that means we are not back into MAD diplomicy just yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I don't think they have ground based missles.
They do have ground based anti-missle missles.

Yes they do have SSM missiles, The Jericho I, II, III, which are easily capable of hitting all Middle Eastern countries.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
No doubt, but there is a political element to this as well. While they were testing the missile, they were also "sending a messge" to Isreal and other powers in the region.

Yes the meaasge is 'Please come and bomb our country now'

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I find it really disturbing that any goverment who refuses any peaceful solution with its neighbors should have any wmd capabilities. I mean that would be like giving a blind man a driving license and saying go drive all you want someone is going to died and as in drunk driving cases more often than not its not the drunk that dies its someone around him and he just walks away to go on with life, its like a twisted joke that you just keep hearing over and over though people who cant even be friends with the person next door but are trying to get these killer bombs and ask the world to think everything is cool its sick

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Israel cannot allow a muslim country Syria,iran,etc to have nukes but I hate to burst your bubble Iran,syria etc cannot attack israel.

why?

Because most of their top religous sites are their. If you think the najaf site is holy then check out the sites in Israel they are important to christians muslims alike. Any war will be fought with weapons that don't damage buildings.

Can you imagine what would happen to israel with just a few nukes it would be a wasteland its size alone means only a few nukes would totally waste it. The clerics, mullahs etc will not go against allah, however other targets US, Uk, etc are ok we are infidels after all.

Other WMD chem/biological, could be used i guess. To press the point home look how the US stayed away from damaging the Mosque in najaf, damage to that site would have started something massive.

So missile tests are for I think the US's benefit more than israel.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Israel cannot allow a muslim country Syria,iran,etc to have nukes but I hate to burst your bubble Iran,syria etc cannot attack israel.

why?

Because most of their top religous sites are their. If you think the najaf site is holy then check out the sites in Israel they are important to christians muslims alike. Any war will be fought with weapons that don't damage buildings.

Your joking right ? There may be a few holy sites in Jerusalem but that's it. Since when have the Arabs backed off because of 'holy' sites

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join