It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative fuel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Carbon Dioxide has become a concern lately because it's building up in our atmosphere. We changed our cars to this to get away from carbon monoxide creation. My question concerns Carbon monoxide.

I noticed that both carbon monoxide and cyanide have a triple bond. They both are a problem to humans. Designing a system to break apart this bond should in theory create a lot of energy that could be used to power a power plant that could make electricity. I don't know if it would work but I know breaking bonds does create energy. Whether it takes more to break it than we get out of it is something I have no knowledge of. Nature creates this simple triple bond all the time.

Are there any guys out there that would know about this. It could be a good thing if it can be applied to pollution. In theory it would turn to carbon and two oxygen atoms and could be combined with something to give even more energy.
edit on 8-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Hi.
Interesting.

I've been watching vids about HHO for cars, and solar for practical portable uses. I haven't considered your query before.

So, if we use solar to extract hydrogen from water, we can utilize it in our vehicles, and maybe by creative design, that would be the neutralizer for our atmosphere?

ETA;
Then the thought of Jupiter came to mind, and I hear it's pretty windy there.

edit on (4/8/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
They use a catalytic converter to turn carbon monoxide to CO2 and Water which creates heat. Can't they make the car make carbon monoxide and stimulate the use of this to make power somehow by breaking all three bonds at one time? Same with the smokestacks of coal fired power plants.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
They use a catalytic converter to turn carbon monoxide to CO2 and Water which creates heat. Can't they make the car make carbon monoxide and stimulate the use of this to make power somehow by breaking all three bonds at one time? Same with the smokestacks of coal fired power plants.

I suppose the answer to that lies in the catalytic converter. By removing it, carbon monoxide would retain it's properties?

Have a looky at this guy;
He claims something funky happens that he can't explain inside the 'heat-exchanger'.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Someone wanted to buy his patent and bury it. Maybe he didn't like that it was never going to see the light of day

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This is making a liquid fuel from water and Co2

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Here is turning CO2 into plastics, which is just as cool.

discovermagazine.com...

Here was an idea from 2007 that I guess didnt pan out

www.newscientist.com...

They already do it on a large scale here

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Someone wanted to buy his patent and bury it. Maybe he didn't like that it was never going to see the light of day

I share that assertion.
His exhaust muffler seems to also be his intake, there is not a catalytic converter utilized in his prototype, but replaced by a heat-exchanger/catalyst of another design.

The 'plasma-field' or whatever it is seems to be of the route more research and development should follow. His system of removing the carbon from the emissions seems to an untrained consumer such as myself, very necessary.

It always falls in the hands of those handing-out "Grants" to the scientists doing all of the research.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I think those who profit from our use of oils are behind this. Lots of companies profit from oils, not just the oil companies. This guys project could destroy our present Economy. I think there is a lot more at stake than greed. Greed created a monster even it cannot control. A world built on lies. I understand this but have no knowledge of how to fix a lie that big.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Coal gas isn't exactly what I am talking about, I'm aware of this process. It is using some of the fundamentals of what I am talking about but I'm not talking of storing it, just utilizing it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by coolhanddan

Coal gas isn't exactly what I am talking about, I'm aware of this process. It is using some of the fundamentals of what I am talking about but I'm not talking of storing it, just utilizing it.

Here's another guy;

top topics

join