It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Scanning for Intelligences, Galactic/Universal Wavelengths, etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by Furbs

Oh, you mean my scientific search for truth that started when I was eight years old and saw an episode of Leonard Nimoy's In Search of series? You mean that scientific search for truth that pushed me to go to university to get a masters degree in Mesoamerican Art History so I could go and study the sites usually attributed to alien interaction? You mean THAT search?

Yeah, still no trace of aliens.

But.. you keep sitting on your toilet and thinking about aliens, mate.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Wow, no amount of degrees will make you right, sorry, because I didn't say they were out there so there's nothing to make me wrong about when it comes to that angle. So thinking you automatically have more authority on the subject because of a masters degree won't work really, I'm talking about a different research method. Strange that you seem to be on an aggro type wind up attempt too, almost like your feathers are ruffled because it's not one of the "accepted" versions of research. Boohoo if that's the case and wake up. Maybe you should've tried a course or two in opening your mind whilst getting your degree.

Go and look at photos, footage or writing if you don't like this thread and spare us the boredom.

Oh never mind, we've hit Skunkworks. Maybe it really isn't accepted to try anything but the programmed scientific "norm" after all. Or it'd at least be cool if the Aliens/UFO's forum was open to different research ideas anyway.
edit on 8-4-2012 by robhines because: added

You are the one that brought my scientific search into this thread, not I. You questioned me, friend. If you do not like where that vein of the conversation has headed, you can end it by not responding. I will happy comply.

What you are suggesting has already been attempted multiple times on ATS, hence my opening post to the thread. I wasn't even speaking to you, I was speaking to the general idea that we see the same ideas been rolled out again and again.

Didn't work before, and I do not have high hopes that it will work this time.

On the off chance that you are actually going to attempt some kind of experiment, learn the Scientific Method and use it. It will give you legitimacy to your claim of research when you have exhausted your efforts.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Yeah sorry, have been up quite a while now and you did come into the thread as if on a wind up so I responded in the same type of way. I don't think it's right that some research methods are seen as more or less a joke so it gets my back up sometimes. I just think there's something really dodgy going on with the scientific field and that the governments probably have a hand in it when it comes to this issue so it's hard to guess where people are coming from sometimes.

Oh, you mean my scientific search for truth that started when I was eight years old and saw an episode of Leonard Nimoy's In Search of series? You mean that scientific search for truth that pushed me to go to university to get a masters degree in Mesoamerican Art History so I could go and study the sites usually attributed to alien interaction? You mean THAT search?

I think that's totally awesome too, I don't think my tiredeness helped me reading that properly, or I missed it thinking you were winding me up an went straight to another part of your post.

So haven't you found anything decent yourself that makes you wonder? And what sites have you visited?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
reply to post by Furbs

Yeah sorry, have been up quite a while now and you did come into the thread as if on a wind up so I responded in the same type of way. I don't think it's right that some research methods are seen as more or less a joke so it gets my back up sometimes. I just think there's something really dodgy going on with the scientific field and that the governments probably have a hand in it when it comes to this issue so it's hard to guess where people are coming from sometimes.

I think that's totally awesome too, I don't think my tiredeness helped me reading that properly, or I missed it thinking you were winding me up an went straight to another part of your post.

So haven't you found anything decent yourself that makes you wonder? And what sites have you visited?

I respect the search, in all form, friend, and appreciate you apology and apologize myself if I offended in my efforts at joviality

I did some study in La Mojarra, in Veracruz Mexico. Epi Olmec. Not really all that interesting, but I went there because not a lot of excavation has been done. Didn't really find anything of much worth.

The bulk of my study was in Naranjo, and again, didn't find out much of anything in the realm of 'Ancient Astronauts', even though I looked HARD. XD

Really, once you discover the 'why' of the reason for the shapes of mesoamerican art pieces, why things look like aliens, and why things look like ufos, you find out that these people just were all that good at drawing or rendering things by our contemporary standards.

We all stand on the shoulders of giants, and in the art world, we are fortunate to have someone that knows technique to be able to teach us things like perspective.. the Maya and other mesoamerican peoples did not.

Here is a thread that might help you on your own quest. Stick to the front of the thread, it gets heated and silly toward the end. To my knowledge, no evidence came from this attempt either, but it is a step in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I respect the search, in all form, friend, and appreciate you apology and apologize myself if I offended in my efforts at joviality

No probs! Was probably mostly my fault for having my sense of humour detector way off as well as being tired.

I did some study in La Mojarra, in Veracruz Mexico. Epi Olmec. Not really all that interesting, but I went there because not a lot of excavation has been done. Didn't really find anything of much worth.

The bulk of my study was in Naranjo, and again, didn't find out much of anything in the realm of 'Ancient Astronauts', even though I looked HARD. XD

Wow, good to know there's at least one person around here that's actually gone to a couple of these places and looked for things anyway. I can understand why it must be frustrating when you see the Ancient Aliens threads pop up now, it must be annoying when someone's trying to prove one thing when you pretty much know with a lot of experience that it's not the case.

I guess some new things might be found that'll make us question things more, but I won't be holding out much hope really.

Really, once you discover the 'why' of the reason for the shapes of mesoamerican art pieces, why things look like aliens, and why things look like ufos, you find out that these people just were all that good at drawing or rendering things by our contemporary standards.

We all stand on the shoulders of giants, and in the art world, we are fortunate to have someone that knows technique to be able to teach us things like perspective.. the Maya and other mesoamerican peoples did not.

Here is a thread that might help you on your own quest. Stick to the front of the thread, it gets heated and silly toward the end. To my knowledge, no evidence came from this attempt either, but it is a step in the right direction.

Think you forgot the link but I can remember seeing you in one thread where there was an item that showed what we thought might be Saturn, and remember you explaining their lack of perspective, etc, so that the way the rings had been drawn didn't add up. Some of those items look great and I'd love to believe it, but I guess they're fakes like so many others.

As for this method, yeah I'd like to do it properly in the future using the scientific method as much as I could so skeptical people at least have some data/information that'll be a lot more accurate than it could've been. I'd also actually like to do it using that method now too instead of being so random with it. I guess whatever I'm doing it needs improving or I'd have had something better results wise to add here, and will keep that in mind for the future. Something just clicked for a while yesterday though and I was sure I had something. Of course it's only memories of feelings, thoughts and perceptions so I can't do much with it, much like anyone else that's tried this.

I can see how it must bug people anyway, but if I ever improve at it and feel like there's something decent to add will post it on here.
edit on 9-4-2012 by robhines because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join