It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO/LASCO Curious.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Okay, I was on the heliowiewer checking out the Sun, and I'm going have to go back and find this image. But, when I was on there, there is a circle black thing that covered some parts of the Sun. I'm just curious if anyone else saw it? I probably won't be able to fiddle with it until tonight after 10. But, I'm going go look for it now. Not sure what setting I had it on. If anyone finds it before I do, can you please post it. It was a circle thing in the top right of the Sun, that covered some parts of the Sun. It looked like it was planet sized.

Be back in a few. Hopefully I can find it again

Also, why do they block stuff on Lasco/SOHO?

Is this like a double exposure of Lasco?

edit on 8-4-2012 by Manhater because: picture

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Your headline sounds like BDSM ad on craigslist.

I do not have an answer to your question but felt i had to say something.

The power of ATS compels me...
The power of ATS compels me.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Okay, I was on the heliowiewer checking out the Sun, and I'm going have to go back and find this image. But, when I was on there, there is a circle black thing that covered some parts of the Sun. I'm just curious if anyone else saw it? I probably won't be able to fiddle with it until tonight after 10. But, I'm going go look for it now. Not sure what setting I had it on. If anyone finds it before I do, can you please post it. It was a circle thing in the top right of the Sun, that covered some parts of the Sun. It looked like it was planet sized.

Be back in a few. Hopefully I can find it again

Also, why do they block stuff on Lasco/SOHO?

Is this like a double exposure of Lasco?

edit on 8-4-2012 by Manhater because: picture

Well, these images are from an x-ray camera positioned 92,955,000 miles from the sun. Also the EID (x-ray) camera ccd element is only 1024x1024 (the best available when it was built between 1992 and 1995, Launched in 1995) So the images it gets are probably not gonna be the best quality especially when you mix that with digital compression and decompression algorithms and transmitting the data across 92 million miles of space (we need a new SOHO!
) , that one looks kinda like some double exposure thingy? I think they block stuff in the pics because one of the camera's are only taking pictures of the sun surface (corona?) and flares and the other camera does the entire sun. S+F for you.

new topics

join