It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Africa or Multiregional Descent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The truth is right now we just don't know. If you've had your haplogroup tested and done research about it you would understand how the different types of "tribes" traveled and who they traveled with. What cultures came from these tribes and so forth. Also we may never know if small collections of these people moved out of their original locations at a much earlier time than their "main" waves that are accounted for. I also recommend haplogroups testing. Just because you ended up in Spain doesn't make you "Spanish". My dad is "Spanish" but his DNA is original Celtic or Alpine Celtic. What you start out as isn't always where you end up.

edit on 9-4-2012 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
The truth is right now we just don't know. If you've had your haplogroup tested and done research about it you would understand how the different types of "tribes" traveled and who they traveled with. What cultures came from these tribes and so forth. Also we may never know if small collections of these people moved out of their original locations at a much earlier time than their "main" waves that are accounted for. I also recommend haplogroups testing. Just because you ended up in Spain doesn't make you "Spanish". My dad is "Spanish" but his DNA is original Celtic or Alpine Celtic. What you start out as isn't always where you end up.

edit on 9-4-2012 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

Haplogroup testing is interesting, perhaps if it was done en masse there could be a clearer picture of later migrations. I would like to have mine tested, perhaps something to look into someday.

As a matter of interest, was yours / your dad's tested independantly from choice or is it some research you are involved in?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the answer is obvious 'modern' human race migrated out of Africa's richest gold mine area

if u watch this recent DNA study:

after the ancient aliens were done with major gold mining, of course.

enjoying their newfound freedom and exploring vast new horizons, who can blame them for spreading out so much over the most recent couple thousand years?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
the answer is obvious 'modern' human race migrated out of Africa's richest gold mine area

after the ancient aliens were done with major gold mining, of course.

enjoying their newfound freedom and exploring vast new horizons, who can blame them for spreading out so much over the most recent couple thousand years?

The only problem with Sitchin theory is a complete lack of evidence for any gold mining in that area that far back, and not that much before the historic era. You would have thought the aliens would have, you know, mined gold if that was their purpose

Also no sign of any infrastructure for these human workers, nothing much at all, just evidence for tribal groups

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
luckily, sitchin theory indeed remains speculative addendum, in contrast to recent dna discoveries and proofs depicted in mapping human family tree.

i can't help but notice the origin point for the first scientific eve isn't far south at all from Sumeria nor great Giza pyramid roughly the geographic center of all earth land mass mapped on a plane of course as the earth is as debukers are often quick to announce, not flat lol

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

The Giza thing is just another myth, made up by Piazzi Smyth I do believe

The center point for 'land mass' is somewhere near Kiev.

Another calculation puts it in the area around Ankara in Turkey - it depends on how you allocate the impact of islands and other geographical oddities like land that becomes land only when the tide is out

Some Arab scholars believe that Mecca is the center of the world's land mass

Anothers places it in the Atlantic sea right south of Ghana and right west of Gabon

Another calculation places it near Nantes, France

I guess pick the one you like - trying to determine the answer on a globe is difficult to say the least!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
like i said, "mapped on a plane"

given that what "map on a plane" of the whole world would they have had in 2,000+ BC, to guide them? i don't know and is the real big mystery, not where exactly based on what map in most modern day revisions. so one can tell alot by whether a critic is critiquing the other nearby locations for geographic center vs how in the world they knew they were anywhere near the 'exact' geographic center - as mapped of course at the time

anyways.. some other purported facts from online..

- The Great Giza pyramid (Cheops) is located exactly in the center of the geographic earth (as mapped on a plane!)
- it's located on the crosspoint of the longest landcontact meridian and the longest land parallel.
- it's north and south (and west and east) sides are perfectly facing north and south (and east and west)
- the length of the size is exactly 365,242 el. (the avg number of days of a year)

wow! but then again someones gonna beat apparent amazing ancient precision down, in some way...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ooops make that even earlier than i guestimated, - they started building Cheops approx in 2580 - or even much earlier than that i wouldnt be surprised based on purpose of the mids.

so, how did anyone know exactly or even approximately where geographic center of Earth land mass was,

almost...5000 years ago?!

oboy they must have have aerial view or the like even 5000 yrs ago and before... wow wow wow what does that say with or without debunking critiquing lol???

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Even haplogroup mapping, which really only allows for recent migrations based on limited data, and therefore is flawed as an 'origin' detector, shows that multi regional descent is most likely.

en.wikipedia.org...

The largest Indian mtDNA haplogroups are M, R and U [6]

Arguing for the longer term "rival Y-Chromosome model",[11] Stephen Oppenheimer believes that it is highly suggestive that India is the origin of the Eurasian mtDNA haplogroups which he calls the "Eurasian Eves". According to Oppenheimer it is highly probable that nearly all human maternal lineages in Central Asia, the Middle East and Europe descended from only four mtDNA lines that originated in South Asia 50,000-100,000 years ago.[

edit on 10-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

- The Great Giza pyramid (Cheops) is located exactly in the center of the geographic earth (as mapped on a plane!)

Depends solely on how you orient the plane and your criteria for land inclusion

- it's located on the crosspoint of the longest landcontact meridian and the longest land parallel.

This ones easier, both are wrong, longitude runs to west of Giza and latitude would be situated much father north to incorporate Siberia. If hit the sea causes the idea to fail then the Med causes a problem

They go into that problem here

Extreme points

- it's north and south (and west and east) sides are perfectly facing north and south (and east and west)
- the length of the size is exactly 365,242 el. (the avg number of days of a year)

wow! but then again someones gonna beat apparent amazing ancient precision down, in some way...

Not perfect orientation is 3' 6" off true north, E-W is equally off too
The three arc minutes, 6 arc seconds is often considered something remarkable but is equal to the width of a string held at arms lenght - which is probably what they used, a string. The CERN is positioned within an accuracy of 3 arc seconds

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi Hans,
Off topic but relates to angular precision, I just read about an experiment being conducted at cal state humbolt.
They are building a quantum gravity detector, to measure gravitational fluctuations at the quantum level, two masses suspended on fibers a few microns apart will cause a torsional reaction in the masses.
They are talking about detecting a torsional moment of 1 nano radian.
How big is a nano radian? One might ask. Well, take a softball and place it in los Angeles, look at it from the humbolt campus in eureka, about 650 miles apart. The angle subtended by viewing the soft ball is around 1 nano radian. And they will detect that small amount of rotation.
The ancients couldn't even comprehend such a measurement.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi Hans,
Off topic but relates to angular precision, I just read about an experiment being conducted at cal state humbolt.
They are building a quantum gravity detector, to measure gravitational fluctuations at the quantum level, two masses suspended on fibers a few microns apart will cause a torsional reaction in the masses.
They are talking about detecting a torsional moment of 1 nano radian.
How big is a nano radian? One might ask. Well, take a softball and place it in los Angeles, look at it from the humbolt campus in eureka, about 650 miles apart. The angle subtended by viewing the soft ball is around 1 nano radian. And they will detect that small amount of rotation.
The ancients couldn't even comprehend such a measurement.

Yep, our technology is way beyond there but we did build on what they did figured out - even if it was wrong. I've always been impressed by the theory and actions of Erathosthenes and how he determined the diameter of the earth 2,212 years ago - fairly accurately too

top topics

<< 1   >>

join