It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Eric shares secret to success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This speech is simply incredible, please take the time to listen to the whole thing. I promise it will be worth your time, and I sincerely hope it changes your life dramatically for the better. I plan to listen to it every morning.

edit on 4/8/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: to check on BB code in an attempt to make you tube video work

edit on 8-4-2012 by xxThexGreatxEscapexx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
crappy embed

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

i don't know how to fix it

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
According to YouTube:

The video you have requested is not available. If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process. Sorry about that.

Did you just upload it?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

fixed it

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hell yes, that was awesome

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What the man is saying regarding sleep is completely untrue.

Bring back the 40-hour work week

The rapacious new corporate ethic was summarized by two phrases: “churn ‘em and burn ‘em” a term that described Microsoft’s habit of hiring young programmers fresh out of school and working them 70 hours a week until they dropped, and then firing them and hiring more, and “working 90 hours a week and loving it!” an actual T-shirt worn with pride by the original Macintosh team. Productivity experts estimate that we’d have probably had the Mac a year sooner if they’d worked half as many hours per week instead. And this mentality soon spread from the technology sector to every industry in every corner of the country.

And more to the point...

Research by the US military has shown that losing just one hour of sleep per night for a week will cause a level of cognitive degradation equivalent to a .10 blood alcohol level. Worse: most people who’ve fallen into this state typically have no idea of just how impaired they are. It’s only when you look at the dramatically lower quality of their output that it shows up. Robinson writes: “If they came to work that drunk, we’d fire them — we’d rightly see them as a manifest risk to our enterprise, our data, our capital equipment, us and themselves. But we don’t think twice about making an equivalent level of sleep deprivation a condition of continued employment.”

There are as many fatal car accidents caused by sleep deprived drivers as there are caused by drunk drivers according to research. Clearly, getting an adequate amount of sleep is critical to prevent you from endangering yourself and others.

Focusing on educating yourself while on the internet instead of wasting time on virtual farming or other useless endeavors will do wonders for your success, as will turning off the television set. Getting rid of the phone is a bad idea because you want people to be able to reach you. If your total texts sent and received exceed several thousand per month and greater than half are not business related you should probably consider doing something else more productive, sure.

His perspective is limited by personal experience as are most motivational speakers.
As always your mileage may vary, etc.
edit on 4/8/12 by stalphos because: style

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx

This speech is simply incredible, please take the time to listen to the whole thing. I promise it will be worth your time, and I sincerely hope it changes your life dramatically for the better. I plan to listen to it every morning.

edit on 4/8/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: to check on BB code in an attempt to make you tube video work

I saw this video a few years ago, once I started doing what he said (i'm self employed) I became much more successful.. but much more tired

I have sacrificed much of my young life for success, sometimes you have to sacrifice success for life though (still trying to find the balance :\)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Whay a load of Bs, this will not change your life, it will take your life. Ignoring sleep is not going to make you succesfull, it will make you sick.
You will have to find a balance to be succesfull.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

one line out of a 14 min. Speech but alright. He's not saying forever. He just saying for as long as it takes till you achieve it. And yes there are many instances when that's not the case, for instance i just signed with a college to play tennis and I wanna get better, YOU NEED SLEEP FOR TENNIS, or any athletics. But the man is carrying a positive message. Yes, goon without sleep long term is not condusive to success.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalphos
What the man is saying regarding sleep is completely untrue.

Bring back the 40-hour work week

The rapacious new corporate ethic was summarized by two phrases: “churn ‘em and burn ‘em” a term that described Microsoft’s habit of hiring young programmers fresh out of school and working them 70 hours a week until they dropped, and then firing them and hiring more, and “working 90 hours a week and loving it!” an actual T-shirt worn with pride by the original Macintosh team. Productivity experts estimate that we’d have probably had the Mac a year sooner if they’d worked half as many hours per week instead. And this mentality soon spread from the technology sector to every industry in every corner of the country.

And more to the point...

Research by the US military has shown that losing just one hour of sleep per night for a week will cause a level of cognitive degradation equivalent to a .10 blood alcohol level. Worse: most people who’ve fallen into this state typically have no idea of just how impaired they are. It’s only when you look at the dramatically lower quality of their output that it shows up. Robinson writes: “If they came to work that drunk, we’d fire them — we’d rightly see them as a manifest risk to our enterprise, our data, our capital equipment, us and themselves. But we don’t think twice about making an equivalent level of sleep deprivation a condition of continued employment.”

There are as many fatal car accidents caused by sleep deprived drivers as there are caused by drunk drivers according to research. Clearly, getting an adequate amount of sleep is critical to prevent you from endangering yourself and others.

Focusing on educating yourself while on the internet instead of wasting time on virtual farming or other useless endeavors will do wonders for your success, as will turning off the television set. Getting rid of the phone is a bad idea because you want people to be able to reach you. If your total texts sent and received exceed several thousand per month and greater than half are not business related you should probably consider doing something else more productive, sure.

His perspective is limited by personal experience as are most motivational speakers.
As always your mileage may vary, etc.
edit on 4/8/12 by stalphos because: style

We need to get 40 hours back for the reasons mentioned above, but ALSO because it WILL CREATE MANY MORE JOBS!!!!!!

You see, myself, and everyone that I know whom has a job right now is working WAY BEYOND 40 hours a week. It is MANDATORY overtime meaning you cannot say no to it. NO EXCUSES, you are FORCED to WORK it or become unemployed. Family time and personal life of employees means NOTHING to employers.

If there was a law put in place where it was ILLEGAL to force employees to work over 40 hours a week, employers would be hiring LIKE CRAZY... I GUARANTEE THAT!!!

Obama: Do you want a GUARANTEED way to create a SIGNIFICANT amount of jobs in this country that will in turn make you look FANTASTIC in November around election time?? Then make mandatory over time beyond 40 hours a week ILLEGAL NOW.

There will then be an EXPLOSION of jobs everywhere in this country!!!! Employers are keeping whom they got and making them work RIDICULOUS overtime. That is not only negatively impacting QUALITY, but is effecting peoples personal and family life which they have ZERO time for any more. Unacceptable.

Mandatory overtime needs to be made ILLEGAL!!!!!! It is not fair to the employee and their family, and it is a disservice to the customer who is getting MUCH less quality in the end.

edit on 8-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
When he talks about missing sleep he isn't telling them to not sleep everyday and work 24/7.

If you have something that needs to be done by tomorrow, if you shrug it off and go to sleep for 9 hours then miss the deadline you will fail. I'm sure most parents on here get mad if their kids do this with homework. That's why he tells them to sacrifice hanging out with friends all day or going to a party every weekend, there is the balance you're all talking about.

Either way. this video helped me when I was younger going to parties drinking all weekend.. I don't even drink anymore and focus on my future. I'm willing to bet a lot of people on here struggle all day and are bashing this guy because they hate the truth.

Ask Zuckerberg how many nights he spent coding instead of sleeping

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

Actually he says "you might need to skip sleeping for three days in a row" among other things that even in the short-term is a recipe for disaster. Furthermore, I gave him credit for a myriad of things he said that were generally positive; however, it is important to note that someone who would instruct you to engage in self-destructive behaviors for the material success it might bring is not the snake-oil salesman I would want my friends subscribing to.

Sorry.

top topics

join