It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Humanoid Creature I Watched Swimming In The Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Sideshow attractions and exhibits for sale.

Kids tend to see things that adults cannot. When kids say there is a monster in the closet, there probably is. You just have to hope they can deal with it and eventually realize that monsters have no sway in our dimension and then they will stop seeing them. If enough people actually believed in monsters, they would be on every street corner. You can bet on that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I think the key here is the first paragraph...

"When I was 5-6 yrs old........."

I remember when I was that age... I believed there were monsters under my bed....
The age i was at shouldnt be superceding what i know i saw,or taking the place of trying to find out what it was? where was it coming from? and where was it going?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Maybe you had an older brother who played Dungeons and Dragons and you had a look at a picture of the Sahuagin from his Monster Manual?

It's very easy at that age to construct a memory, or perhaps have a dream that seems so real that later in life one believes it really happened to them. I had a few of these, but since they often included other people in my dream (usually my parents) I was later able to confirm that strange things I remembered didn't happen when I asked them about it.
edit on 4/8/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by tracehd1
I think the key here is the first paragraph...

"When I was 5-6 yrs old........."

I remember when I was that age... I believed there were monsters under my bed....
The age i was at shouldnt be superceding what i know i saw,or taking the place of trying to find out what it was? where was it coming from? and where was it going?

On the contrary, the age you were when you saw it does supersede trying to find out what it was or where it was going.

At the age of 5-6 your brain does not have the ability to process the kinds of complex imagery that people even a few years older can. You simply do not have the experience to make proper sense of your world, and your 5-6 year old brain interprets what it is seeing as something other than what it is, especially if it isn't clear.

75 feet away? Half exposed? In the ocean?

Seriously consider what you are saying for a moment.

Which is more likely? A 5-6 year old misidentifies one of any number of naturally occurring and well documented phenomena in the ocean, or that a single observer witnessed that which continues to remain elusive to capture, even in waters so well documented as the shallow oceans on the continental shelf?

I'm not saying you didn't see a mermaid, I am simply asking you to consider your assertions.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Its not often someone reports seeing one. However, there have been a few sightings of aquatic humanoids over the years.

The site below gives a run-down of most of them..

Aquatic Humanoids: Progeny of the Black Lagoon or Alternate Evolution?
Thanx for posting this link of aquatic humanoid sightings and although they are a rare occurrence,at least not often reported,its nice to know i'm not the only one.Sightings in the ocean are even more rare and i wonder if theres a secretive,mostly hidden race of humanoid reptilians who reside deep within the impenetrable oceans and they breathe mostly water,but have evolved and adapted to also breathe air for short periods of time...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What is this??? How do they call that???

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You are ALWAYS claiming incredible stories..........

Constantly, I mean look through your threads! You make huge claims that you experience all this stuff....

Im sorry but it comes to a point where you just have to say thats it, I dont believe you at all.......

YOure either making this stuff up, or there is a medical problem.....

How at THAT age do you have such a grasp of distance, hight, etc......

Not only that the story seems extremely convoluted......

enough is enough

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
You were 5 or 6 yet you have a good grasp on the scale of the animal....

I used to think people were like 30 ft tall when I was 5 or 6.

My take on this is you probably just watched the little mermaid and your young imagination got the better of you.

really?

I had a firm grasp on reality when I was even 3-4 years old. I knew what I knew then just like I know what I know now.

Not all people were/ are stupid as a child. I've always had great awareness, even as a young child, it's one of the things I am proud of, to be aware of my surroundings and other people and everything that was going on around me.

Taking in all the information around me.

So there is no doubt that this OP's story could be true and maybe he did see what he saw.

The only fact is that you were not there so you can neither confirm nor dismiss it as true or false.

Yet you are trying to.....That doesn't seem like the smartest way to go about doing things.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
why hasnt this story been brought up much earlier? why are we just hearing about it now?
or are you saving a lot of your lifes experiences for a thread by week basis

never seen or heard anything about aquatic humanoids, but ogopogo is pretty close by to me, I hear.

en.wikipedia.org...

canada has a bunch of lake monsters
edit on 8-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Made me think of this video that i had seen on another post somewhere about the possibility, and maybe some of a cover up of Merpeople.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Auzzy

says at the end its fictional

Sooo..........yah

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
humanoid aquatic creature from black lagoon

no seriously since if its native habitat is lagoon it would be evolved for fresh, brackish & salty water environs alike.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thanks, I missed that part..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Its not often someone reports seeing one. However, there have been a few sightings of aquatic humanoids over the years.

The site below gives a run-down of most of them..

Aquatic Humanoids: Progeny of the Black Lagoon or Alternate Evolution?

And quite a few have been in Florida along the southern tip where the everglades comes close to the shore.

And I agree skeptical is one thing but the sarcasm should be left for the crackpots and trolls not straight forward stories.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by gunshooter

Nah, we are called skeptics. It's the logical approach to reality.

Yes but what makes you think that reality exists only in the remit of logic. It is arrogance on behalf of us humans to think the universe is that simple.... Have you never seen anything that defies your logic..?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
instead of trying to discredit the OP or make fun of him, maybe a search of local legend or folklore of the area might be appropriate first. Not saying that it could not have mistaken identity, but, strange things happen, and we should at least respect people for coming forward with their story, and trying to make sense of something that they saw.

5 year olds also claim their are monsters in the closet, boogy man under the bed.... Its called imagination..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Another thread posting something that cannot be verified either way by a poster who is attention seeking. Why am I not suprised?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm not doubting you at all ,op.
You know what you saw.

When I was 5 years old I swear to this day that I saw a giant turtle in my fenced in backyard.
I still see it as clear as I saw it then.

Our little developing brains at that time can distort reality.
And ask yourself,Is what we are experiencing now reality?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
you should watch ancient aliens they talk about similar beings on one the episodes just a thought.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join