It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bara-booms' origin still unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.wiscnews.com...

Multiple witnesses said they saw flashes of light that preceded the booms. But a spokesman for the National Weather Service said earlier this week there were no thunderstorm systems in the Baraboo area that morning.

Fritz Kruse, a lead meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Dodge City, Kan., said there is another possible explanation: a bolt from the blue.
That’s where activity from one thunderstorm produces a lightning strike in an area up to 40 miles away. During the Bara-booms, there was a thunderstorm system to the city’s southwest headed toward Dodgeville.

A Baraboo police officer who was parked on the 800 block of Eighth Street saw the first flash and boom, and said the flash appeared to his southwest.

So it sounds like Baraboo's booms may be weather related?!?
Maybe but I don't think that's what in going on in other areas of Wisconsin.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

If the officer was on Eighth Street and saw the flashes to the SouthWest, that would be in the general direction of Devils Lake. That area has quite the Native American folklore surrounding it.

If I were home, that is where I would begin an investigation.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem a little unlikely that these "bolts from the blue" that almost no one has ever heard of--never mind experienced--are suddenly and repeatedly happening in only one place? Doesn't that seem like hitting the lottery over and over again?

Anyway, weathermen always have a guess. They're expected to come up with a guess. It's never any better than anybody else's guess, but it's always expected and usually accepted as the only rational explanation....

join