It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionare spends millions in Campaign donations to poison the Ogallala Aquifer with nuclear waste

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I got an idea if he wants to store radio active waste we can give him and anyone else an enima with it

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Hi mos
The easy part is to produce and burn rods.
Screwed up and as backwards as the USA's nuclear program has always been.
Nothing new here.
Create the Frankenstine use him to blow up your enemy.
Lend him to your supposed allies. Aim him at your other enemies and
when he has to poop, they let him take a big one right in your backyard.
Look at Japan???
cheers ljb
The eyes of Texas are Upon You
edit on 4/8/2012 by longjohnbritches because: I''s

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
same thing US is doin at a global level - bringin as much of Earth population down with it, as it falls.

the bigger they are, the harder they fall

big bankster bully, bloody shame.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

What part of our planet do you occupy? No one country, religion, political system or goverment is innocent whether you know it or not we are all in the beginning of a one world goverment/reign. Think globally and open your eyes. The us vs them attitude is the tool of our oppressor my fellow human being

Peace to you from an American by birth and a enlightened human being by chioce

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by buster2010
There's billions to be made damn the environment and the people that need the water to survive. This is one of the reasons why Obama stopped the XL pipeline from going through the same Aquifer because there is too much of a risk of contaminating the water.

I highly doubt that any environmental concerns were the reason Obama stopped a pipeline.

So let's have some evidence that existing nuclear waste disposal sites are contaminating aquifers, since that's what they do.

Eventually all waste disposal sites will leak it's just a matter of time. This is the reason why we haven't built any on the Aquifer before now.

If you look at the track records for leaks by the pipeline you will find it was one of the reasons for stopping the pipeline.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemusbudda
I got an idea if he wants to store radio active waste we can give him and anyone else an enima with it
you'll have to get past their private armys first.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It seems to be a running theme, when the rich authorities in charge of getting rid of something deadly, they bury it under a big city. Fukushima and radioactive waste under Tokyo is a previous example. The Gulf of Mexico oil bubble-up is another example, buried under a thin layer of sand. Somehow they believe that if they spread the blame around over a large area, like an anorexic spreading her food around over a large plate to fool her parents that she ate something so she can keep her impossibly perfect image, they fool people that it is a very large mess, now contained.

It isn't a good move and the problem won't be fixed by spreading trouble around. I think they got their training from small-time marketing exercises, with products that make a large population a little bit sick all over, to give the illusion of a mysterious evolution in civilization when the mutant baby reports increase.

First response to giving the hole a purpose was, why don't they fill the hole with southern white trash? Then i realize, after the hole is filled, the guy still owns the land, so he may plan to build some apartment complexes, maybe a trailer park or two, on top of that. Why bury them when you can profit from them right? (that's a milli-billi attitude, not my own, ok)

So what they may do is take all the stuff that is illegal in New York and California, like the trans fats, the CFLs, the BPA plastics and paint, styrofoam, PVC, and teflon-coated things, and stick them there. What is this, though, radioactive waste? If I was a Texan, I'd say 'don't mess with Texas' about that one. Get another few million billion to make a recycling industry, bring some enviro-consciousness to the region.

The conspiracy is, who is getting kickbacks to make this a good idea? He's making drama to make a buck.

Why doesn't he just build a tornado-alley proof underground village, put his name on it, make a fortune? Underground banks (oh wait he probably is a member of a few of those already), underground grocery, underground apartments. No, the profitable option would be to build an underground prison; people with freedom would object to the lack of light.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm a conservative, and I support the 2nd Amendment. That being said, if I were on a jury of someone putting a bullet into this guy's head, I'd vote "not guilty".

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
It has become a sick sick world. There isn't much more I can add to it, we as a species cannot last much longer on this path.

do we deserve this earth?

i think the answer is no.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Absolutely ! I do think so.........
2nd

link   
That's gonna be one giant pot of koolaid.

link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

There's billions to be made damn the environment and the people that need the water to survive. This is one of the reasons why Obama stopped the XL pipeline from going through the same Aquifer because there is too much of a risk of contaminating the water.

I highly doubt that any environmental concerns were the reason Obama stopped a pipeline.

So let's have some evidence that existing nuclear waste disposal sites are contaminating aquifers, since that's what they do.

Sir, nuclear radiation is not subject to the tradition rules of containment.

If you put radiation in water and place that water in a bottle. You will still be irradiated
by that bottle even though you did not get water on you...

Do you seriously think I am that stupid??

i dont think you want to ask that question in this thread.

just trying to help you out.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Sir, nuclear radiation is not subject to the tradition rules of containment.

If you put radiation in water and place that water in a bottle. You will still be irradiated
by that bottle even though you did not get water on you...

Do you seriously think I am that stupid??

i dont think you want to ask that question in this thread.

just trying to help you out.

No kidding. A bunch of kids who have no idea how things actually work. The point I was trying to make is that these idiots are talking like this guy wants to dump the waste directly into the water supply - all I was hearing was a spin job from them because they are "anti-rich dude" lemmings. I was in no way defending the guy.

You want to know what would happen if it were up to me?

I'd close ALL the nuke plants down. It's only a matter of time before we have a Chernobyl/Fukishima here. There is nowhere really safe to put nuclear waste, so we should stop producing it, period. That includes weapons. We already have a stockpile big enough to pave half the planet.

So put that it your blunt and smoke it, fools. You think you know me? You do not.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by jaynkeel
It has become a sick sick world. There isn't much more I can add to it, we as a species cannot last much longer on this path.

do we deserve this earth?

i think the answer is no.

Hi eli
At least you admit to thiking.
So there is hope.
If you honestly feel like droping out, be my guest.
More room for me and mine.
If you are good at thinking.
Join the crew that will turn all this crap around.
We want room for all that want some.
Decent ROOM.
hopefully ljb

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This just again shows how crooked our government is.
These crooks need to be taken down, for good.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'd close ALL the nuke plants down. It's only a matter of time before we have a Chernobyl/Fukishima here. There is nowhere really safe to put nuclear waste, so we should stop producing it, period. That includes weapons. We already have a stockpile big enough to pave half the planet.

So put that it your blunt and smoke it, fools. You think you know me? You do not.

Well that's awesome.

Both of us agree on something

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

So didn't Obama discontinue work on the Yucca Mountain site? Why? If it was so safe why stop work?
Another thing. The current range of nuclear reactors are an offshoot of the then perceived need for nuclear weapons. The original developement for nuclear-power was associated with Thorium. It switched to the current state to breed weapons grade material. According to what I've read lately there are several countries developing Thorium reactors because they're safer. My impression of the attitude towards expanding uranium reactors is over confidence with the technology and the future of the economy. And a lot of current attitudes towards the environment in general are almost belligerent, if not crafted to beguile the taxpayer and bill payer. If this economy fails to the tune some are predicting, there won't be enough money to fix the failing power-plant infrastructure, just like what's been happening with the roads, bridges and railroads.
Also, the Oglala Aquifer has been reported to be on the verge of depletion, from over-use. There isn't enough rain to grow where irrigation is the only way to achieve what some call stupendous agricultural production. Jesus said don't even trust your own brother. Why trust ANYBODY who adds insult to insult regarding the envoronment through the economy. I think God doesn't want us to damage and degrade the environment. Trusting attempts to rectify the degradation that's occuring seems like a way to grow into a better environment. There's a passage in Revelation that is; "The time has come to destroy those that are destroying the Earth", and I do not think that we have the capacity to trust the socio/industrial/political environment regarding nukes and chemistry, etc., unless we delude ourselves.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There's an old saying in Texas - I know it's in Texas, probably in every other state too...that says, "Everything in texas is bigger, especially the criminals".

In all seriousness though, why do we allow lobbying and blatant criminal behavior like this to continue? I don't know where most of you stand but I'm losing all hope for any type of realistic future for mankind.

edit on 9-4-2012 by silverking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It works like this, stuff, like U238 which turns to U236 is a processed very concentrated uranium. It like many other radioactive wastes, gives off gamma and x-rays. Such waves can irradiate particles. The irradiated particles travel through the aquifer in underground rivers and currents. Over many years much of the particulate matter which is irradiated (and this process goes on with radioactive uranium for some fifty thousand years...) will settle to the floor of the aquifer, and or be pumped onto the land being irrigated by the aquifer. It would only take one irradiated particle in your lungs or other tissues, to cause you to come down with cancer fairly quickly. You see, Radiation irradiates. Even being near radon gas from granite outcroppings can harm you over time. concentrated quantities of irradiated particulate matter will mutate animals, cause tumors, cancers, and other troubles in man. So it is very important that nuclear waste is disposed of in a place that water NEVER GETS TOO. Because dumping it in or near water tables will destroy the life around them, and poison the water literally forever. This is why the first nuclear test sites and dump sites are on land that has NO water table underneath. We hope.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

A few years ago, I was Googling for info on disposing of nuclear waste in the sun. Found a site where a scientist figured the cost, and decided there's not a nation on earth that could afford it. (Wish I bookmarked it. Remember searching again later, and couldn't find it). Some of the other solutions that were represented would leave the future clueless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join