It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesn't Everybody Care About Each Other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just a beautiful Sunday morning, and instead of going to church, a religious housing that was developed by the world, I am sitting back and thinking how much the world hates me, and if they do not hate me they surely don't care about me. If you walk outside, and you see someone down the street, the chances are that they don't care about you because there is only like 5% of the world who actually has love for other people. That is the most confusing thing to me because it means we have the minds of animals, not people.

Truly people have more fear than they do love when they come across each other in public. What is to be scared about? Not love or hate, but words. People are scared to talk to each other in my opinion. It is entirely pathetic that there is so much pitiful fear and hate in the world, so much ignorance...
edit on 8-4-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

These two verses describe our nation so well these days.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ants would think we are a horrible species, we can't even look out for our own.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There's a limit to how many names your brain can remember as friends and family, and there's a limit to how many you can 'feel' as your own monkeysphere (Dunbar's Number), where events that happen to people are going to directly affect you.

Cracked has a good take on it.

Anyways, we don't even have the mental capacity to care about everyone else, we just try to care about those around us as best we can and since some people will have friction eventually that social friction will cause some gears to grind and teeth to snap.

Anyways, even if we did go around caring about everyone we met on a daily basis, how far do you think we'd get? Not very, we've got other things to do and we can't stop to give complete strangers all our feel. We can carry the feel in a pocket but to hand it out for free isn't going to solve all the problems.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Honestly i really do Care about people, I care for others more than myself, But unfortunately the more i care the more it seems to force me to the bottom of the Game of life, Then weaker i become in the Eyes of others, Only very rarely are people appreciated for caring, I have no idea why

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Just a beautiful Sunday morning, and instead of going to church, a religious housing that was developed by the world, I am sitting back and thinking how much the world hates me, and if they do not hate me they surely don't care about me. If you walk outside, and you see someone down the street, the chances are that they don't care about you because there is only like 5% of the world who actually has love for other people. That is the most confusing thing to me because it means we have the minds of animals, not people.

Truly people have more fear than they do love when they come across each other in public. What is to be scared about? Not love or hate, but words. People are scared to talk to each other in my opinion. It is entirely pathetic that there is so much pitiful fear and hate in the world, so much ignorance...

Let's look at your post from a different point of view. You walk outside on this beautiful morning. You see other people on the street and think they don't like you. You don't even know them, yet, you've projected your thought processes on them. What if, instead of standing there in self pity, and judging other people to be at fault, you make the choice to smile, and say good morning to them.

Become part of the solution, not the problem.

Des

edit on 8-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe you expect too much from people.

If you set your expectations at a more realistic level, you might not feel so grieved.

I say that because I don't think that people, literally, don't care for each other.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Irrelevant when any sort of Solution is Dissolved by The Problem, The Problem exists only to be replaced by another problem and so on.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Irrelevant when any sort of Solution is Dissolved by The Problem, The Problem exists only to be replaced by another problem and so on.....

Then you've created your own hell. You've let a defeatist attitude become your guide stone....

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I know great isn't it, I live in the peaceful countryside surrounded by beauty, It's heaven, Society is it's own Hell.
There will always be a balance between heaven and hell one must just learn to Visualize both positively, Accept that the is no solution to the problem and you learn to make the best of what there is

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
There's a limit to how many names your brain can remember as friends and family, and there's a limit to how many you can 'feel' as your own monkeysphere (Dunbar's Number), where events that happen to people are going to directly affect you.

Then say Hi! And Have a good day to everyone you meet, even if you don't know their name.

Might seem silly, but it's effective.

Some of them say HI and you? back... it's all meaningless obviously, but it can actually make someone feel ok for a while!

and it can't hurt.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Let's look at your post from a different point of view. You walk outside on this beautiful morning. You see other people on the street and think they don't like you. You don't even know them, yet, you've projected your thought processes on them. What if, instead of standing there in self pity, and judging other people to be at fault, you make the choice to smile, and say good morning to them.

Become part of the solution, not the problem.

Des

Lol I see where you're getting at, but I am reciting this from years of experience walking outside and down to the street often, I am not going to pretend that my experiences are a delusion. I AM the one who talks to people in society - I'm very thankful I was raised in northern California because most people do not fear talking to each other up there, but here in Arizona I stand by my words - it is pathetic how scared people are of each other and now much they don't seem to care about it. Most definetly I will be talking to them, but I know they won't talk to me because of they years of experience I have in this state comparing situations of smiling, looking in their eyes, saying hello, or not saying anything at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I do not agree. I think there are a lot of people, that care for people.

Like, if a person in public falls and busts there head open, people are going to take care of you, complete strangers. I've seen it happen at walmart. And if you get in a car crash, and strangers are the first ones to see it as they pass, usually they stop and make sure your okay, or at least call the cops.

A couple months ago, my car ran out of gas, and I was stuck on the side of the road for a good hour or two before going to work at 6 in the morning. I would say about 6 or 7 different cars, stopped and pulled over, just to ask if I needed any help. I was like, wow.

And just think about how much hobo's make just standing on the street. I've heard of people doing it as a living, and making enough money to support themselves. Not saying the hobo shouldn't go get a real job, but if people are handing money to the needy that much, people are caring.

And Charities? I have no health insurance, as I am very young and working in retail its hard to get ahold of. But I am still able to go to the docter, because I do have a lot of things wrong with me. Just because of charities, I want to go to those people who raise money for me, and hug them and cry and say thank you.

I think that people are very selfish, it is true. We are worrying about ourselves all of the time, and our everyday struggles, like work, family, friends. Someone can easily talk smack to anyone they don't know, just because they do not know them, and maybe do not understand their lifestyle. But when it comes down to it, I don't think people are actually mean enough to the point that if something drastic happen, they would not help no matter what the human beings characteristics are like.

I think that's why we have so much cyber bullying. Its so easy to hate on someone you don't know, especially when you will never know them and you can do it from the comfort of your own home.

I remember in highschool, all the girls were obsessed with the movie "Mean Girls." We are being exposed to everything mean. Within the fame of hollywood we have gossip magazines that we read daily. We have music that usually only has hate, sex, or drugs in the lyrics. We have the mainstream news showing us the only bad sides of our world, compared to all the real good things that happen.

Humans are way confused. I know it. I've been hated on, ALL my life. Just for being who I am, and I like who I am. Just the other day, I had a 20 sum year old man, flick me off, turn around in his car, light up a cig, get out of his car, just to scare me and act like he would do something. Why? Because of where I was parked, and no it was not in a fire lane, it was close to the exit. I know when I'm doing something wrong, and when I deserve to have society to act this way. But I don't have any reasons, I'm a good person and just being me, and a lot of people don't like it I guess.

I'm just going to keep doing my thing because I know, that the different people, the original people, always come up on top. And all the mean, similiar sheeple people, they will stay mean. And I can't change it, because we are trained this way. I feel like people have been thinking for awhile.. that being mean is fun, like NO ITS NOT

Cheer up dood, I think like your thread way to much. No matter how messed up this world is, blame the world, not yourself. On this religious day I'm chillin' at home too, I usually stay at home, just because what the world has showed me how mean they can be. I call myself a hermit, and there's nothing wrong with hermiting.
edit on 8-4-2012 by jakupairs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by jakupairs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakupairs
I do not agree. I think there are a lot of people, that care for people.

Like, if a person in public falls and busts there head open, people are going to take care of you, complete strangers. I've seen it happen at walmart.

I know there are people, it is a percentage thing, more percent don't.

Let me make clear, I am not talking about anyone having an injury. I am talking about unconditional care and genuine respect = love when you encounter another person in public.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by greyer

Honestly i really do Care about people, I care for others more than myself, But unfortunately the more i care the more it seems to force me to the bottom of the Game of life, Then weaker i become in the Eyes of others, Only very rarely are people appreciated for caring, I have no idea why

As much as I do care, which is enough to make me write this thread and more, I am realizing this Easter morning that my relationship with Jesus is the only thing that will give me a 'happy easter,' because nobody cares - this could be all my fault or all their fault. So what I mean is we have to care about ourselves first because of the fact that nobody cares.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join