It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Website Claims Kidnapped Brit Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A post on a website is claiming that Kenneth Bigley has been killed. Bigley, along with Eugene Armstrong, and Jack Hensley were kidnapped on September 16. The demands were that all Iraqi women be released from prison. Armstrong and Hensley have both been beheaded recently.

nytimes.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- An Internet posting claimed Saturday that an al-Qaida-linked group has killed British hostage Kenneth Bigley. The claim could not immediately be confirmed, and Britain's Foreign Office described the site where it appeared as ``discredited.''

Bigley was kidnapped Sept. 16 with two Americans, Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley, who have since been beheaded. They were all taken from their home in Baghdad by the Tawhid and Jihad group of Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After gorey images of the beheading of Armstrong and Hensley hit the internet, British families pleaded for the release of Kenneth Bigley. A website, that often carries Al-Zarqawi's messages has claimed the killing of Bigley. Bigley was recently seen in a video begging for his life.

Bigley was given 48 hours for the demands of his captors to be met. The US states that it has no intention of releasing the two key women they have in Iraqi prison. The Foreign Office of London describing the site as "discredited."

More than 140 people have been taken hostage in Iraq, with the most recent being 8 Egyptians.

Related News Links
ABCNEWS.com

Related ATS Discussion
UK Hostage Pleads For His Life
8 Egyptians Kidnapped in Iraq
Web Site Says Zarqawi Group Kills American Hostage
Second US Hostage Killed

[edit on 25-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 25-9-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It has been claimed that these reports are unfounded. I hope that this is true rather than wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... This will explain a little better!!

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
God guys... please don't be true.

What is this world comming to?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it would be pretty naive of us to even consider the possibility that this person would be released.

These terrorists have no heart, as anyone who has seen even on of these execution/beheading video's can attest to. Those who actually have feelings and compassion do not do these kinds of things.

After seeing what they have done to Armstrong and Hensley, I think the fate of this man is way beyond our hands. I believe that if he is not already dead, then he will be soon, the only way to confirm this death is by one of these horrible people posting another gruesome video on a website.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What the hell is the website address? Why are all these worthless news organizations too afraid to give out these terrorist web site addresses? Those failures.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well if our guy has been killed then god help the muslims on the streets of liverpool and other areas cause people over here will start a riot and attack the musilms and asians on the streets. There already been reports of threats of this going to happend I just hope he's not dead and there are no attacks on the muslims in the uk over this.

Plus there hasn't been a word of this on the UK news so to be honest when I hear it on our TV I'll belive that this story is true and that these people could be justr claim that he is to take some heat of the situation.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
on the bbc news and it says that " Ken Bigley is alive, says brother". there is a chance that he could be held for a very long time which I hope is not the case. This is good news that he is still alive .

BBC NEWS

The brother of Ken Bigley has said he has new information the British hostage in Iraq is alive and appealed to Tony Blair to help save him.

Paul Bigley has previously criticised Mr Blair for "only going through the diplomatic instruction book" in his efforts to free his brother.

Speaking via a telephone link to a Labour Against the War meeting, Mr Bigley said: "I have received information this evening that Ken is alive. Ladies and gentlemen, delegates, we can keep him alive.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

top topics

join