Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What are THE best scary stories you have?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I want links, videos, creepypastas of all sauces; scare me!
My favourite atories are all of the slenderman stories.

Know Your Meme
Mythical Creatures Guide
Creepypasta

Know Your Meme:

Slender Man (a.k.a Slenderman) is a mythical creature often depicted as a tall and thin figure wearing a black suit with a necktie and a blank face. According to the legend, he can stretch out or shorten his arms at will and has tentacle-like appendages protruding from his back. Depending on various vloggers and bloggers interpretations of the myth, the creature can show a wide range of abilities, ranging from causing memory loss, insomnia, coughing fits with or without blood spitting (nicknamed Slendersickness) to triggering photograph/video distortions and statics as well as having teleportation power.

Mythical Creatures Guide:

The Slender Man was created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images." He is described as wearing a black suit strikingly similar to the visage of the notorious Men In Black, and as the name suggests, appears very thin and able to stretch his limbs and torso to inhuman lengths in order to induce fear and ensnare his prey. Once his arms are outstretched, his victims are put into something of a hypnotized state, where they are utterly helpless to stop themselves from walking into them. He is also able to create tendrils from his fingers and back that he uses to walk on in a similar fashion to Doc Ock, the Spider-Man villain in the Marvel Universe. The superhuman stretching ability could also be seen as a similiarty between himself and Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four. Whether he absorbs, kills, or mearly takes his victims to an undiclosed location or dimension is also unknown as there are never any bodies or evidence left behind in his wake to deduce a definite conclusion.

Come on, ATS. I want stories that will really scare me!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'd like to hear some stories too!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When I read this story it rattled my cage a little. Story

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That chilled me but not like slenderman did... Keep them coming! ;A;

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

The part that got to me was the description of how it moved. (shudders)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
teds caving page if you havent already read it.
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The Red Tower by Thomas Ligotti.

I got a book of Ligotti's short stories recently. This is the only one I've read so far, but it worked on me. I don't know why. I'll have to read the rest of the stories, this guy seems to have a handle on effective horror writing.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That was really screwed up. I would have thought to climb the swing set before running to the truck!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That scared the crap out of me. *shiver*

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Don't scare me like that!!!

Good job (:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nukeleer

I love slendy man :3

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I would say Stephen Kings, The Stand or Pet Semetary. The first is more disturbing but the latter will have you so engrossed it will cause you to leap out of your skin at the slightest noise.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach

I would say Stephen Kings, The Stand or Pet Semetary. The first is more disturbing but the latter will have you so engrossed it will cause you to leap out of your skin at the slightest noise.

He really lets it go in Under the Dome.

The scariest story I know starts with, "We are gathered here today to witness the joining in holy matrimony..."

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am sure that many a man has shaken in his boots over these
words.Their nightmares of fluffy white lace,stinking old flowers,
hugs from people you never met before,non-alcoholic punch,
having to wear this monkey suit and tie along with a stinking flower
in the lapel.
But,there are rewards to all of this suffering you endure at the moment...
the wedding night!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Very interesting. Is this true?

OP, a book that scared me was The Descent by Jeff Long. No relation to the movie.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here's one I'll always remember, as something similar happened to me!

Respecting the Dead

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In school there was a little thief who smelled very unpleasant. His desk was next to a shelf, where the teacher kept extra papers. One day, the teacher opened a window, and then wind blew through stronger than expected. It knocked over the stack of extra paper. The thief offered to pick them up for the teacher, but stole a few when nobody was looking. Actually, somebody was looking. The class bully. After school, the bully told threatened to expose the thief, unless the thief.... (etc.)

This is how we play connect the dots: school = getting schooled, smelly = flatulence = gas, windy = natural disaster = oil shortage = price spikes.

I don't know if you'd classify it as scary, but I think reality is more of a concern than fiction. I have another one about an easty beasty who buries a booger. This one scares the dryads.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

One day I almost met my mother-in-law. Fortunately the catastrophic encounter was cancelled.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join