It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your Destiny shape your Decisions, or do your Decisions shape your Destiny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When you really examine life and all its variables, I believe this question becomes quite an important one. Of course there are some who will say "why worry about such things?" but I know for many out there (especially those interested in Philosophy) this is a significant question.

Does your Destiny shape your Decisions, or do your Decisions shape your Destiny?

Viewpoint 1: Your destiny shapes your decisions.

Every choice you make is influenced by your destiny. Nothing is left to chance and all variables are predetermined. If you are destined to be a pilot, in reality there are no choices available to you in life that will lead you to become a doctor. Are we all actors in a game we forgot we are apart of?

Negatives:
- gives people an excuse for making the wrong decisions or taking part in the wrong actions
- takes the fun out of living knowing that our decisions are really predetermined

Viewpoint 2: Your decisions shape your destiny.

Life is random and nothing is set in stone. Every choice you make contributes to how your life will pan out. You have full control over whether you will become a pilot or a doctor based on the decisions you make. Are we all here by chance, owing all of our successes and failures to our own decision-making?

Negatives:
- makes people blame themselves, even when circumstances beyond their control may influence their situation
- life seems pointless as there is no real purpose or point to our existence if we are just here by chance

Viewpoint 3: It's a combination of both.

I'm not really sure how such a possibility could exist, but if any other members can suggest how then please go ahead.

edit on 8/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

in my opinion, your decisions are influenced and conditioned by the powers of destiny.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Faced this question last night while shopping for a bicycle on Ebay.

They have a new robotic bid sniping service that essentially collects everyones highest auction bids then just picks the best offer in the last second of the auction. You used to actually bid on ebay and and make decisions based on other bidder behavior. This new robotic sniping service just offers the illusion of an open auction but in reality is just a sealed bid system that is destined to take your highest bid.

Democracy becomes just an illusory fight between puppet masters if the voters can be manipulated like robots.
Same with Justice if a Jury can be bought.

I would say that there is much more destiny than choice for most people.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
this is just a paraphrase of

FREE WILL vs DETERMINISM

nothing new. the emerging science of precognition pretty much proves that decisions are based off of predetermined factors.

the decisions you make in this reality are but mere reflections of decisions that have already been made and played out.

(BTW...we've already had this conversation...we're just now remembering it
)
edit on 4/8/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

According to Quantum Physics, free-will doesn't exist. Your actions are already determined by the brain (sub-conscious) before you are actually conscious of your decision.

Your brain says do it and you do, although, your brain allows you to believe that you are choosing the action by giving you free-thought/emotion.

This is EXPERIMENT and TESTING done by QUANTUM PHYSICS. It is TRUTH whether you believe or not:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I realise this is not a ground breaking topic of discussion and has been done before. I just thought to rephrase in this way would allow for more people who are not as well versed in philosophical terms to comment on a topic that effects their lives. It's a more simplistic and clearer (I hope) way for the greater population to engage in a topic I feel is very worthy of discussion.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

u lack the master piece, truth freedom, so what is beyond all destinies facts free and what is always outside all individual realities, free

when truth is freedom value then truth freedom or freedom truth win always as if there is nothing else existing

new topics

top topics

join