It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a man wear a moustache?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Originally I grew a stash because I was lazy and I thought it looked good.

The one day I woke up and saw a old Dawg in the mirror.

Just as Dawgs get white around the muzzle as they get older, so did I.

I shaved it and went to work...where everyone commented I looked ten years younger.

Needless to say, I'm clean shaven nowadays...except the weekends where I allow myself to be lazy.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I shaved off my full beard once...

People said I looked gaunt and asked if I was ok.

It's just a matter of hair, how mad is that! Oo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

The grey bits may be enough for me to keep the chin clean shaven I think....laziness may intervene though, usually does.

Yeah I don't envy myself either, when it gets to 40, keeps me honest though.

Cheers for the beard talk mate, was good fun!

Time to hit the hay methinks

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nooooooo Chad! Don't go back to a stache!

Neeeeeeeveeer! (And neither a beard!)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Noooooo !

Moustache not a good look, reminds me of the 70's (erm actually I only saw 2 years of the 70's, and I don't remember either of them), Man at C&A (english institution of a bygone age) is what springs to mind.

Oh and lest we forget...... Sleeping with the Enemy, that film was a total facial hair fest, never looked good when it was released, looks worse now.

But if you like the tache, then you keep it, don't try to analyse it, just rock it

Personally I prefer a clean shaven man, although I do think a few days worth of stubble looks equally hot, rugged, and manly, even if it does bring us ladies out in a rash at times.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Im about an 1/8 cherokee, so I can barely grow facial hair. I have some on my chin and a mustache. For some reason my brother can grow a full beard and sidebearns but my hair is only on/under my chin. But... He can't even get a tiny stache..

Anyway I keep mine which took 3 months before it looked ok haha. Im upper 20's but If I shave I look like im 16. Right now I look 22 or about. So there is no way im shaving..

Besides for some reason it looks good. I think my face was made to have this hair...

You should Keep It!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I just ran your post through Copyscape and.........it passed.

Never in my lifetime did I think I would live to see a 777 word write-up on mustaches.
Star just for that feat.

I wear one because it makes me look like a man who gets things done.

I've worn mine for 25+ years now and it's just part of my identity. Sometimes I get in my mood where I won't shave the face until I absolutely have to, but the stache is always paid attention to. That reminds me....it's time for a new trimmer because the battery in this one only lasts about an hour. It's fried.

I'm looking at a picture of me in boot camp from 1982 or so and there's no stache. Even back then I had kind of a tough look but with a baby face. Al Capone-ish in a way. I think that's why I started growing one, to make me look older. It worked. Now, at 47, I'm thinking about shaving it off to get that young look back again.

Between that and getting some Just For Men product for the grey on the sides, maybe I can get an honest answer from people when I ask them how old I look.
My "Touch of Grey" took a full hands-on approach a few years back. it's even popped up under my nose. Unacceptable.

(Every silver lining has a touch of grey..........classic.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
according to this article men who shave less than once a day have fewer orgasms.

www.walesonline.co.uk... 52520not%252520do

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What makes a man wear a moustache?

For the same reason he lights his farts.

Because he CAN.

I don't do either, though, for the record.

edit on 8-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
An old French woman once told me that a kiss without a moustache is like eggs without salt. My husband had a full beard and moustache that was very nice.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Gosh, just think, in another 15 years I can probably grow my own!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
DO IT, i went tash a year ago, never looked back. in fact when i have shaved it off ive missed not having it!

no idea why men want them, All great men have one tho

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Interesting thread for ATS. This is the sort of topic that gets discussed on my main internet blog presence, Christian Pipe Smokers, where the discussion is 25% Christianity, 25% pipe smoking, and 50% anything else. This very thing has been the subject of more than one thread there!

I experimented with facial hair, and there are a couple good reasons why I stay clean shaven now, though I don't mind scruff if I have no "official duties" for a while. The main thing is that though I can grow a beard that would make any Jewish patriarch proud, my moustache just never gets full. One of those caterpillar-hair moustaches. Add to this the fact that I am one of those lucky guys who went bald by the end of his twenties, and you can see where I'm coming from. Moustaches look good on certain people, and grow well on certain people, and I am not one of those people.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, personally I like the smooth look. Don't like any facial hair. I mean, food gets in it when you eat....yuck. I like a baby face

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's gone.

Woke up this morning and nearly scared myself to death!

Had forgotten I had it lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i have been growing facial hair since i was in like 5th grade lol so i like to keep a good lined goatee mostly because thats how everyone knows me. if i were to shave it i would definitely look alot younger then i actually am

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I grow one because i look better with one than without, that and i hate shaveing

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
according to this article men who shave less than once a day have fewer orgasms.

www.walesonline.co.uk... 52520not%252520do

Can anyone here honestly say they have ever shaved more than once a day.
I can feel the irritation just thinking about it.

Me I can grow good sideburns. But my tash and beard are a little lackluster.
Check Keanu Reeves, that sort.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's gone.

Woke up this morning and nearly scared myself to death!

Had forgotten I had it lol

You Sir have broken my heart

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Gay bars & leather?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join