It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chink in the Armor For Global Warming? Record Snowfall in Anchorage.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

For the first time in Earth's history? You sure you want to stick with that?

Yep, I'll stick to what I said.

Here is what I said:

For the first time in the earths history CO2 output is climbing independant of temperature purely as a result of HUMANS.
That is undeniable too.
post by atlasastro

SO!

As your post and link point out and demonstrate, there is an undeniable relationship between CO2 and temperature.
In the past slight variations in temperature acted as forcings that drove up CO2 which in turn drove temp rises.
Back then the forcing was natural, slight osillations in earths orbit or variations in the suns output.

NOW, it is different.
Humans are driving CO2 rises INDEPENDANT of and from Temperature and we know CO2 has and will effect temperature, as it has done in the past.
Read that again, as it is essentially the crux of the entire topic and debate.

That is why it is call Athropogenic Global Warming.

So, just to recap incase you misunderstood or failed to comprehend my statements(as you have previously demonstrated a lack of basic comprehension).

It is undeniable that CO2 effects temperature, physic tells us that.
It is undeniable that we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere.
It is undeniable that we are seeing a trend in warming across the globe. Global glacial melts, oceanic warming and land based temp trends all support this, not to mention numerous other natural feed backs.

I'll let you get back to the weather.

P.S. I made a rude and unecessary statement earlier that insinuated that the location of your head was located in your posterior.
I appologize for making that statement. I have no evidence to support my previous claim that your cranium is indeed located in the vacinity of your colon or lower bowel, and that it should be removed.

I regret my statement sincerely, and hope that any offence caused may pale into significance when juxtaposing it against the reality and severity of the situation our topic of discussion presents us with!

Atlasastro.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I hate to be crass here but I'm getting really tired of these threads meant to debunk climate change.

You cannot, and I repeat, cannot use a one-time event to debunk climate change. Why even try?

Perhaps that study that linked conservatives to "low effort" thinking is correct in this case.

Look at the bigger picture: Climate change brings instability to our weather patterns, whether it means less precipitation than usual or more precipitation than usual.

<< 1  2   >>

join