It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Just saw the CRAZIEST thing in the sky over Houston!!

page: 2
13
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 



Lot's of strange things happening in the skies lately. I can almost guarantee anyone that, if they go outside at around 12-3AM on a clear night, they're very likely to see 'something'.

I saw my first triangle UFO the other night. The three points of lights were red, it was fairly low and it glided silently and swiftly.
So I went out again the next night hoping to catch it. Only I saw two star-sized UFOs flying at an incredible rate of speed instead.

Not sure if we're just wishing these UFOs into existence or the military/aliens are very busy in our skies lately!!

OP, try to recreate this again (same time etc) and take a camera if you can. Let us know if you see it again




posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


flash when the meteor enters the atmosphere streak till it explodes in another flash

your description makes me think it streaked back up to where it started or did it just leave a trail from start to finish? kind of confused on that point...

I have seen some of the Taurids in November explode with just a flash....
edit on 4/8/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)


I kid you not, it was like a strobe. First down, then up. When it reached the original flash point, it all just disappeared. No remnants at all.

By the time my friend had turned around, she had missed it. The rest of us kinda went into that "did you see that #???" mode.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 



Lot's of strange things happening in the skies lately. I can almost guarantee anyone that, if they go outside at around 12-3AM on a clear night, they're very likely to see 'something'.

I saw my first triangle UFO the other night. The three points of lights were red, it was fairly low and it glided silently and swiftly.
So I went out again the next night hoping to catch it. Only I saw two star-sized UFOs flying at an incredible rate of speed instead.

Not sure if we're just wishing these UFOs into existence or the military/aliens are very busy in our skies lately!!

OP, try to recreate this again (same time etc) and take a camera if you can. Let us know if you see it again



That's a good idea. I remember the exact time window so it shouldn't be too hard, if the sky is clear out here. Honestly I urge any Houstonians who are able, to do the same... Just watch the sky in the direction of the gulf.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


thanks for the reply that is weird isn't it



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I assume the light was white, lots of magnesium in this meteor. I have seen copper loaded ones be very green. I guess the color can tell you where it came from. It could have been space junk burning up.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I assume the light was white, lots of magnesium in this meteor. I have seen copper loaded ones be very green. I guess the color can tell you where it came from. It could have been space junk burning up.


Yup, it was white. Closely matched the stars, but of course brighter and seemingly more dense (obviously because it didn't twinkle) . lol



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It sounds like a description of a bright meteor or "fireball", as others have said.

There's nothing unusual about catching a bright meteor, they happen all the time. Sounds like you saw quite a nice one


One thing I would add, unlike another poster said, there is probably nothing to do with magnesium when it comes to a meteor like this. Same goes for copper. It's a shame people have to make assumptions like this, without first checking the facts.
edit on 8-4-2012 by FireballStorm because: fixed typo



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Hi op....

Im thinking it was a fireball (meteorite). It can even be accompanied with a boom as well.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Erm, imma have to go with a lower-altitutde event. I was stargazing nearly the whole night with a friend up by Bush. I set up my olympus with a wide-angle lens and took a picture every two minutes to create a time-lapse video. Nothing on my images and neither of us saw anything unusual in any direction other than the occasional shooting star.... Whatever it was, we didn't see it by 1960.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it looked anything like this?

www.youtube.com...

Also.... I know someone that's been spotting HARRP rings in your area. As a matter of fact he's seen them 2x's in the last 6 days and predicted horrific weather which ended w/ twin tornado's touching down in Dallas and bad weather ripping threw just 2 nites ago I believe.

I'm not saying its HARRP your seeing.. However HARRP or some machine that's producing rings and such on radar is also being reported around the same time your experience happened.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix
 


I agree....sounds like a bolide. I saw one once it it scared the hell out of me.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


2004 saw what seemed to be a bolt of lightning come up from the ground, huge ball of electricity then a scatter and gone. Couldn't be sure if the bolt was first or if it came from the ball of electric. search the area for a year and after my soil was turned from farming found a shiny black glass like rock. Have had it analyzed etc. weird anomalous "rock"
Look around and see if you can find anything similar. Message me if you find anything. This ball of electric was about 30 feet in diam and about 30-40 feet in the air. The bolt was approx 5 feet wide. Very bright. Cool clear night also. Search away



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


My friend saw a shooting star last night as well. Must just be a meteor cloud we are moving into.



posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Aliens are sending things down to Earth..that is what you saw. Best Wishes! Keep watching the skys! NC



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
Erm, imma have to go with a lower-altitutde event. I was stargazing nearly the whole night with a friend up by Bush. I set up my olympus with a wide-angle lens and took a picture every two minutes to create a time-lapse video. Nothing on my images and neither of us saw anything unusual in any direction other than the occasional shooting star.... Whatever it was, we didn't see it by 1960.


hmm.. roughly 3:30am was when it happened.

You're pretty far from me though..



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I'm wondering if it looked anything like this?

www.youtube.com...

Also.... I know someone that's been spotting HARRP rings in your area. As a matter of fact he's seen them 2x's in the last 6 days and predicted horrific weather which ended w/ twin tornado's touching down in Dallas and bad weather ripping threw just 2 nites ago I believe.

I'm not saying its HARRP your seeing.. However HARRP or some machine that's producing rings and such on radar is also being reported around the same time your experience happened.


Nope, didn't look like that. But that video creeped me the hell out.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm
 


I've seen plenty of meteors, and shooting stars, to know that this was definitely not a shooting star, and more than likely not a meteor..

I'm still trying to figure out if it looked natural, or like some weird technology.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i am from India and too had a similar experience on my college rooftop. It was last winter, and the skies were clear. It was in the middle of are end terms and we had come to the rooftop for a smoke and some tea. As we were admiring the clear skies, we saw some 'moving stars' but they seemed more like satellites. We then saw a similar 'star' like object but unlike the other lights, it was moving erratically. Sudden 90 degree turns and zig zag paths caught the attention of 1 of my friends. Just when we all spotted the object it suddenly stopped. As we looked at it, it suddenly glowed and it grew to the size of a tennis ball in the night sky as if approaching us. Just as suddenly it had come, the flash vanished, and the object dimmed till it disappeared. This happened in the countryside with no airports or any military establishments for miles around. Can anyone explain this phenomenon if they can?...cause it would really help cause if its something that could be explained its all well and good, if not i believe i just had my UFO sighting....



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


I've been seeing weird things in the sky 3-4 times per week. My Mom and Dad noticed it first, and it took a while before they were finally able to get me to notice one. They stand outside and smoke when they are visiting, but I'm usually in and out very quickly, and what they saw takes some patience to see.

Anyway, a very dim star will travel across the sky slower than an aircraft. It could easily be a satellite, but sometimes it happens in the dead of the night when a satellite wouldn't be reflecting. Anyway, it can't be a satellite, because sometimes they stop, they might stay stopped for 5 minutes or more, and then begin moving again, or they might make a 90 degree turn and go slowly in a totally different direction, or they might just stay there until I run out of patience. It is very odd. You can watch one traverse half the sky, and then stop, and then move again a little later in a different direction. They are dim, and move slowly, definitely not bugs or meteorites. I've tried to take video with several different cameras, but it is just too dim and the brighter stars wash it out.

Anyhow, if anyone else wants to see it, I go outside, usually after 11 p.m., look in the generally straight overhead, and watch patiently. You'll see many aircraft come and go, but eventually you will see a dim star move slowly across the sky, and if you watch it long enough it will do something odd. Sometimes they just traverse the whole sky, and that is disappointing if you've been watching for 15-20 minutes, but it is still curious, but at least 3 or 4 times per week one will stop or turn and really blow your mind. I can't think of a single logical explanation for it.



posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


I found 2 more links on a topic that makes me a bit nervous (as I said, we are neighbors)

www2.gi.alaska.edu...

motoji-ikeya.jpn.cx...

Curious. Hope we don't get shook...



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join