It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Police Can Copy Your iPhone's Contents In Under Two Minutes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Keep a big cup of water or soda in your car at all times, if the gestapo wants to confiscate your property without warrant or due process you should help them out by dropping it in the cup and cleaning it up on the outside before they go ahead and clean out the inside.
Don't use a cell phone as a daily planner, phone book, social media portal, photo album or diary and it becomes what it was meant to be, a phone.

Ever accidentally wash a usb flash drive or SD card that was forgotten in a shirt/pants pocket while doing laundry? I have - after they are dried out, they work just fine... This might work on a phone with no removable memory, but if they were really determined, they could still find a way to extract that data.

edit on 9-4-2012 by CommandoJoe because: addition

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think when I visit the Us, I will consider leaving my phone at home, and getting a cheap "pay as you go" phone for emergencies. Not because I have anything to hide, but so nothing can be "trumped up" on me. I will also make sure to have removable media for the phone, Micro-SD chips are not very expensive.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
would be funny to have a fake phone as suggested already, but loaded up with names and numbers of bacon factories and other pork related info

On topic again:

After a crime has happened forensic investigators will use available smart phones to place suspects at the scene as well as download the message and call data etc.

I recall some smart phone malware a while back that once installed (via a text message or app the user mistakingly might allow full access to their phone) it would then call or text premium line numbers. This gave way to spy apps, that once installed would enable the controller to switch on the mic in the phone at any time to listen in, also could take snaps wiht the camera or feed video, all while the phone is in "stand by" mode.

Now consider this, if this spy app software has been secretly installed by a larger movement, they could have been listening all along, but just recording.

Now for the scary part, if they had all your google data, your voice, photos f the inside of your jacket pocket if you then do or are suspected of any crime in the future, they can call up all your data thats been collected and prove your guilt or innocence with your own device and data they have been storing since you bought it. Sort of like a backwards minority report.

Assumed guilty before proven innocent? I dont like that.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I want to get one of these, just so I can show people how insecure our technology is.
I mean if little ol' me can get the contents of a phone just think of what an evil person could do.

Would people still not even care? Probably not....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I programmed cell phone "burn-outs" and "clones" from 1988-2003 and I can tell you that there is nothing that encryption is going to do if you are not encrypting the actual call itself in real-time.

We used to sit off to the side of the freeway with our hoods up like we were having problems & our snatch equipment in the trunk of the car and watch as the ESNs fill the memory until full. Then call our buddies and do a dump and fill right back up within 2 hours easy.

There is a rule of thumb to follow regarding ANY information....EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE WRITTEN CAN BE READ!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join