It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A curious case of moving pain - a ponderous anomoly..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Curious thing I have to ask, as usual I'm not sure where to post it, but it's not a rant and it's not serious, so general chit chat I think might be ok.. if not, let the g/mods decide! O.o

Yesterday, out of the blue, I discovered I had a rather sore area of my left arm, right in the centre of my lower forearm, which would be where I would have hit it had I used my open arm to hit something... it was sore but there was no recollection (and no, not for any reasons I would attribute also, as in accidental or forgotten injury over the easter weekend...) but today, it's gone.

However, my right arm now has the exact same pain, again in the same lower arm position. half way between the wrist and the elbow.

What sort of situation would cause this?? It's been at the back of my mind all day since I discovered it.

It's not so much an annoyance, as it is a curiosity. One day, left arm, next day right.

I was wondering if perhaps it was something that has travelled via the veins, but this does not make sense, it's sort of in the muscle...

So, it's a bit of a worry. Can something in the vein do that? Is this even likely? It is only noticable if I feel for it. very curious how it's moved.

if not, no worries, I'm not asking for medical advice or anything, just want to put it down as an oddity, as I'v e never experienced this sort of thing before, and it most likely was done in my sleep and a massive coincidence, but.. yeah, just odd.

I hope people just say I'm too "EASTER"ed and not "Oh yeah I know that and it's deadly, you're going to die!"

How can a pain move from one arm to the other, with no other physical disturbance..

I have either woken up this morning with my entire body memory reconfigured OR ... ??

I'll blame easter forgetfulness if nothing else. cant hurt to ask however.. !

and.. hehe hope it stays there and does not move again tonight!

my llama says ouch..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Diabetes?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry, I doubt it's life threatening
. Have you been feeling under the weather? Viral infections such as colds can throw funny aches and pains your way. Otherwise could you have lifted anything with both your arms which could have caused a strain? Theres nothing to say it would come out in both arms at once?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Diabetes?

Just had a full blood work up done about 3 weeks ago, all came back good, so I can't think it'd be that, but it does run in the family so one thing to look out for - hopefully nothing as bad, I do need to take better care of myself

I have a quack appt on Tues next week anyway, so I'll be sure to ask about that.

Just odd how it's in the muscle, and exactly opposite the same position on my opposite arm.

Hope not, can't see it (wishful thinking
but cheers for the paranoia!!
j/k..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
I wouldn't worry, I doubt it's life threatening
. Have you been feeling under the weather? Viral infections such as colds can throw funny aches and pains your way. Otherwise could you have lifted anything with both your arms which could have caused a strain? Theres nothing to say it would come out in both arms at once?

That is a good point, I did do some heavy lifting the other day, but was unaware of any issue at the time, that just might be it, but what is of concern for me that there is no trace of any stress where it was yesterday. I hadn't touched a drop of liquid amber before today so I can rule out those sorts of things, (forgotten ouchies) but what you say does coincide ! Hmm, odd.

I don't have any pins and needles or anything, it's absolutely as if I'd injured the muscle though, so I'll just see what happens. Haha who knows, it may affect my fingers tomorrow and alleviate ATS of my obnoxious off topic postings for a while !! haha

Of late, I've been in rather good health, for a 40 year old bugger if you can say we even have good heath and not look like this man:

(he was recently on the media here in Aus, Victori cross winner for bravery in afghanistan, et al)

I'm like him, only where the muscles are, I have ample waves of excess polony.

Cheers tho, things to think about, I am sure it's nothing.. but should I suffer a stroke and die - You heard it here first !!!

o.O

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

My bet is on the heavy lifting causing a strain in your arms. In my experience any aching to come from such a strain is only there for one day. It's just taken longer to come out in your other arm.

No strokes mate. Youll be fine.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Cheers mate, good to hear as it nonetheless soothes my thoughts, I'm not often a hypochondriac so words well taken !!

whew, back to my self destruction it is!! lol

j/k again, knowing my luck, I'll be here till I'm 99 and only then to annoy my grand kids !!

Pete.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

That pics looking very photoshopped. His head looks pasted on that body lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Ill be on the self destruction this afternoon. An Easter Sunday soiree of the lager vareity. Enjoy

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
To answer your question about pain in your veins, an embolism (traveling blood clot) can cause pain that travels through the vascular system (arteries and veins), so yes, there can be transient pain with your veins. Is there a family history of cardiovascular disease in your family? heart problems? strokes? Is this the first time you have had this occur? (sorry but I am a nursing student so we dig for info!)....Embolisms can cause very serious problems. Aspirin is also an antiplatelet which helps prevent blood clots. If any of this is making sense to you, you may want to make an appointment with your doctor or NP. Just wanted to give you some feedback on your question...if you need any further info just ask.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mainidh

That pics looking very photoshopped. His head looks pasted on that body lol

Haha one silly girl here on tv made a remark about him being stupid and woooo... she almost got burnt at the stake.

strange things indeed, but he sadly does appear that way in real life. he's a freak. A brave, freak, who has been in the sas since 2002. :/

not to go into that of choarse, but, if only someone could shop my head onto a body like that.....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
To answer your question about pain in your veins, an embolism (traveling blood clot) can cause pain that travels through the vascular system (arteries and veins), so yes, there can be transient pain with your veins. Is there a family history of cardiovascular disease in your family? heart problems? strokes? Is this the first time you have had this occur? (sorry but I am a nursing student so we dig for info!)....Embolisms can cause very serious problems. Aspirin is also an antiplatelet which helps prevent blood clots. If any of this is making sense to you, you may want to make an appointment with your doctor or NP. Just wanted to give you some feedback on your question...if you need any further info just ask.

Thank you fort the advice, yes, my family - being of pommie origin and used to the old english breakfast - have a history of stroke and diabetes, but I'm the black sheep in this respect. I eat healthy, and up until a few years ago, I looked after myself above any of my relatives, who .. if put in a room, I'd deny being related to. I don't much like my family.

But it is there.

My old man was on blood thinners right up till 94 when he died, and his brother died of a heart attack many years before - yet all the rest of these morons eat eggs on fat, and chips with a side order of fat and fat with a large helping of fat... I don't however. So I know the hereditary nature of my family, but I have opted for a healthier lifestyle - I might not live up to it these days, but I watch what I eat.

I try to anyway, and I cannot remember the last time I ate fast food. I cook all my own disgusting stuff, maybe twice a year. other than that, I make sure I know what goes in.

sadly, I know none of that negates the possibility of such things as you say, but I'm hoping it's just the strain I went through the other day as mentioned. I've just never had a pain appear to move - so I'm taking all advice on board.

And seeing a doc on tuesday this week, I'll mention it.

I'm sure it's nothing, just it kinda kept niggling at me, and I know the first place to run is NOT ATS for medical advice.
ha, but if not here, then it's the neighbours if I had one last breath, and they'd just throw sand on me and tell me to turn the music down. Lol

Where the actual pain is, I feel the tendons and veins in my right arm, no matter if I tense the arm or not, and thats what it was on the other arm yesterday, thats what made it stick in my mind.

I'm sure I'm fine.. *fingers crossed
* nah, it's a relief to have posted it and had reassurance, and your post adds to the fact I'll make sure to mention it. if not, the neighbours will just have to put up with the smell sans the loud music

Feel a bit silly really, if it was getting worse, I'd feel more worried.. but the beer and the late time, in combination with other insight has helped me put it at ease... It's the sort of pain that I only feel if I look for it. the more I do, the more I get worried. arm jumping pain, regardless..

Cheers though, much appreciated, and if I'm still around after easter, ... Sorry about all that, lol

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well sounds like with your family history of diabetes and stroke, you are unfortunately at greater risk for the same. Is is type 1 or 2 diabetes? Type 2 can be corrected with diet, so if you are eating a well rounded diet and getting exercise, for the most part, this shouldn't pose a problem. It seems like you know all of this. But just so you know, uncontrolled diabetes can cause the blood to become thickened and that greatly increases chances for a stroke.

Anyway, glad you will be getting this checked out soon. And yes, muscle pain ( I did read through the posts) can occur 2 days after being strained. That it is occurring in the same area but on the opposite side of the body does tell me that the area on your arms affected bore too much weight load and could have caused a strain.I used to also be a massage therapist, and I used to see this all the time in Spring with sudden aches and pains from house cleaning and fixing up projects, and also from golfers! lol So yeah, don't let all this scare you but it is better to know what can occur based on family history and the fact that you are using critical thinking to figure out exactly what is causing this is just good thinking!

new topics

top topics

join