It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's rudest nationalities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The rudest people are internet people, the ones who think they can be rude to you because of their relative anonymity. They say things to you online that they could never dare say to your face.

I don't like them.

IMHO the rudest people are English from what they modestly describe as their "Home Counties" ie those administrative territories which surround Londres. The English are quickly followed by those who claim to have served in the US Military. I say claim, most of them must surely lie otherwise half the US male internet community must have served in the 82nd Airborne, which is decidedly implausible

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Gah, sucks for me, I've a blatant French name and I'm not even French!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Hear and obey! Silly regional hatred

Seriously though I was about as welcome as a fart in a space suit. No hard feelings though, I love Scotland! LONG LIVE THE UNION! We're stronger together.

CX

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Can't remember seeing such a pointless poll in my life.

You'll get good and bad in every country, every city and every town and village worldwide. Even the nicest people can have a bad day, probably when tourists are invading thier peace.

CX.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

. If most tourists go to London, it's no wonder they think we are rude. Because Londoners are rude.

Thats kind of a rude thing to say.

must be those 10 years in london rubbing off on me.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I disagree about London. We were there last July, stayed right in the heart of the city (Soho/Piccadilly) and I was impressed at just how utterly polite and helpful everyone was. All of us made comments about it.

I have to say the same thing for New York City, the vast majority of the people there are as nice as they can be. My family is from Toronto, I've been there many times, same thing, very nice people.

To be honest, I've been to every major city in the U.S. and several Capitol Cities of other nations, and have only been turned off by rude people in one city that will be left unnamed.

I can say I've been astonished by the rudeness in a few small towns but that probably has more to do with being "the stranger" than anything else.

In any case, when I saw London and the English being touted as among the rudest people/nationality I had to voice my disagreement.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think we could base this on "tipping".

How well do Americans tip Vs the English?

And a quick question for black Americans.

Why don't you guys tip at all?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I find this list a little supprising. From what I see in the movies New Yorkers seem to me to be the rudest people on earth going by the way they treat each other.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Tipping is a cultural thing. For instance it is seen as rude in most parts of the UK to wait for a tip. People here don't work solely for tips either, anyone employed anywhere must be paid at least national minimum wage (around £6 an hour).

I only ever tip for outstanding service.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join