It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to take prescription meds away from the American Public

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The first thing that needs to be "taken away from the American folks", is THOSE specific people who are suggesting that something needs to be taken away from them.

...folks who suggest things be taken away from anyone needs themselves "taken away" to a padded room where they can be safe and let the rest of us have our FREEDOM with what we have.

edit on 8-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

No.. I know exactly what I am talking about and am completely correct. If you tried it you would succeed. There are numerous documentaries about it and the streets here are literally flooded with prescription pain pills. Kind of rude to basically call me a liar and say I must be high. The plane trip from Huntington W.Va to Florida is called the "oxycontin express." Seriously watch a documentary about it they show people riding around with the film makers until they find a pain clinic (they don't go to regular doctors, but pain clinics) and then they come right out with a prescription for massive amounts.

Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about and should research a little more before attempting to be insulting.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
100,000 Americans die each year from Prescription medications

100,000 Americans die each year from prescription drugs — that’s 270 per day, or, as you put it, more than twice as many who are killed in car accidents each day. Could you elaborate on this? Are these people abusing their prescription drugs or is this a sign of prescription meds gone bad?

Source

Pharmaceutical companies are nothing but drug cartels but they are legal thanks to a few people from Washington.

Prescription meds have NEVER been a cure. Many of them cause more harm then good. At best they mask symptoms but they NEVER cure.

It certainly is big business though the Pharmaceutical industry >>>>>>> Psychiatric Industry where alot of people are profiting greatly off millions of others suffering.

You can see who runs Psychiatry by the way the name Psychopathy is not in their big book, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), they call in Anti-Social personality Disorder. Anti-social!!]

www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Nothing like personal insight in to an issue.
I hadn't thought about where the next step would be and you're right - it would have to be heroin.
Similar drug and effects, etc. so yes, that makes perfect sense.
Solve one problem only to create a worse one.
Had they only done more to protect the health of the coal miners in the first place there wouldn't have been the epidemic of black lung disease that was the initial catalyst for the flood of oxycontin.

I knew an old miner and watched him struggle for every breath and you could see his entire body wracked with pain. Poor man, it was probably the only job available and to him it meant survival for him and his family. The entire history of the coal industry is one long sad affair and the amount of human suffering from it has been incredible. Yet, every time we turn on a light switch we fail remember the real cost of generating electricity. There's a whole lot of coal miners who deserve our thanks for things we take for granted.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

No.. I know exactly what I am talking about and am completely correct. If you tried it you would succeed. There are numerous documentaries about it and the streets here are literally flooded with prescription pain pills. Kind of rude to basically call me a liar and say I must be high. The plane trip from Huntington W.Va to Florida is called the "oxycontin express." Seriously watch a documentary about it they show people riding around with the film makers until they find a pain clinic (they don't go to regular doctors, but pain clinics) and then they come right out with a prescription for massive amounts.

Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about and should research a little more before attempting to be insulting.

If I were attempting to be insulting, you would know it ok? You obviously don't get "droll" humor with the "you must me high" comment. Whatever...I forgot this was ATS and most of you can't digest even the least little bit of humor.

I refuse to try to garner pills I legitimately need by doing illegal things, sorry, so no I would not succeed. I should be able to get a LEGAL prescription WITHOUT jumping thru proverbial hoops and doing stupid human tricks just because some people want to abuse a medication that is so helpful to the few of us who know how to take it the way we are supposed to.

These abusers, sellers and buyers should be locked up, and those of us who have a legitimate need should be accommodated without so much hoopla-la. But, who am I kidding, that is a perfect world and unfortunately for me and many others, that is never gonna happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join