It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Surface Anomalies. Unprecedented Structure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
1. Triangle.

General Location: Farside - Large unnamed crater located on SW rim of Belayev crater
Coordinates of object: Lat: 22.30663, Long: 142.35511
Description: 3 highly precise (straight) formation approximately 2m in width joined together to form a triangle.
Possible Explanation: Depression in land/Shadow

Why is it special:
Age of area - Crater likely to be million+ years old due to number of subcraters. Therefore finely defined depression 2m wide with sharp angles should be buried under regolith.
Shape - Precisely shaped triangle with sharp angles in a location where the shape seems to be uniquely and independently formed due to its contrasting shape and reflectivity compared to other structures around it.

NASA Image Source

2. X

General Location: Farside - Unnamed crater located approx. 100km west of Tikhomirov T
Coordinates of object: Lat: 25.83729, Long: 156.36032
Description: 2 highly precise (straight) rock formation approx. 3m in width intersecting to form an X shape, OVER A CRATER!

Why is it special:
Age of area - Crater likely to be million+ years old due to number of subcraters. Therefore such finely defined shape should be buried under regolith.

Situation: This formation clearly overpasses a crater. This can only mean that this formation came about after the creation of the crater. Such finely defined structure over-passing a crater's entire diameter is unprecedented on the moon and extremely difficult to explain by natural processes currently known to occur on the moon.

This is unique because rocks don't naturally arise to form a straight line across a crater. I would love to see other examples of such formation over a crater.

NASA Source

Once again, both these objects are verifiable by anyone by visiting NASA-connected websites linked above.
edit on 8-4-2012 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I see craters with some rock

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I see craters with some rock

You might need to scroll right a bit. The objects of interest are within the green rectangles.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Grasping at straws, sorry. Triangle shape of the first image is the only thing of interest...second photo I have no idea what you've hilighted.

Seen far more interesting.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Yeah I saw them the first time around, again all I see is craters and rock

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I might be stating the obvious but it might help.
Black/dark areas in the moon pics means shadow/non-illuminated area.
Non-black areas in the moon pics means illuminated area or stuff not in the shadow.

The reddish overlay is the crater.
The line across the red overlay is a raised formation over the crater.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

And can you explain what is odd or unnatural in that picture?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What's with the sensationalist thread title?

Unprecedented structure? Please...

Rocks, craters, et cetera.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popular
What's with the sensationalist thread title?

Unprecedented structure? Please...

Rocks, craters, et cetera.

Find me rocks that look like these on the moon and I will change the title. Until then, these will remain unprecedented structures.
edit on 8-4-2012 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by PINGi14

And can you explain what is odd or unnatural in that picture?

Read the OP. But basically rocks dont just naturally grow over and across a crater in a line like in the pic. Triangle is self explanatory. It's way out of place, each of two lines forming the triangle terminate precisely at a single point (vertex), resulting 3 lines joined at 3 vertices precisely. If they were just a bunch of straight lines, at least one of the lines should be too long or too short but all three lines somehow end up in perfect length to form a triangle with 3 points.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Every time someone starts one of these threads I cringe because I know I'm going to see some way over-zoomed blobs of shadows from an extremely low sun angle that can be rorschached into anything. The scale is usually ridiculous, and the OP brags about how the artifact is "unmistakable".

This one is different. The OP has used the highest resolution photos available. He has identified where on the moon they are and provided links to the original imagery. He has highlighted the areas of interest and described exactly what he finds interesting about them without embellishment (OK, I agree the thread title is over-the-top, but what the hell; sell it, brother!). The scale of the features is reasonable, such that they would not have been visible on earlier imagery, yet the magnification is not to the point of grainyness.

If you're going to go "anomaly-hunting", this is the way to do it.

I do not see them as proof of artificiality. Quite frankly, I have seen so many short, straight lines in LROC imagery, I would expect the law of averages to make it inevitable that some would appear to line up in seemingly geometric shapes as shown in the first image.

I think the lines (generic ones, not necessarily these in particular) are ejecta rays from inumerable impacts. It is possible that a line of ejecta could overlay a crater as shown in the second image.

I am not ruling anything out, based on the evidence presented. I'm merely pointing out that there may be natural explanations. That said, if Dad & Robert Heinlein had had their way, we'd be having this discussion on the Moon and I would definitely want to hop in a buggy and go check these out!

Until then, OP, keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Unprecedented proof of rocks.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
Every time someone starts one of these threads I cringe because I know I'm going to see some way over-zoomed blobs of shadows from an extremely low sun angle that can be rorschached into anything. The scale is usually ridiculous, and the OP brags about how the artifact is "unmistakable".

This one is different. The OP has used the highest resolution photos available. He has identified where on the moon they are and provided links to the original imagery. He has highlighted the areas of interest and described exactly what he finds interesting about them without embellishment (OK, I agree the thread title is over-the-top, but what the hell; sell it, brother!). The scale of the features is reasonable, such that they would not have been visible on earlier imagery, yet the magnification is not to the point of grainyness.

If you're going to go "anomaly-hunting", this is the way to do it.

I do not see them as proof of artificiality. Quite frankly, I have seen so many short, straight lines in LROC imagery, I would expect the law of averages to make it inevitable that some would appear to line up in seemingly geometric shapes as shown in the first image.

I think the lines (generic ones, not necessarily these in particular) are ejecta rays from inumerable impacts. It is possible that a line of ejecta could overlay a crater as shown in the second image.

I am not ruling anything out, based on the evidence presented. I'm merely pointing out that there may be natural explanations. That said, if Dad & Robert Heinlein had had their way, we'd be having this discussion on the Moon and I would definitely want to hop in a buggy and go check these out!

Until then, OP, keep up the good work.

Thank you for the reply. By far the most objective and rational comment I've read. Hopefully these findings will encourage others to see the moon in different light or even start analyzing LROC imagery data themselves. It's always cool to find something interesting since vast majority of these images have never before been seen by public. That's why I call these unprecedented structures. These objects are new to the public.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PINGi14

Great finding !! There are lot ot things like this all over the moon. We can also see anomalous lights in a crater close to the rim of belyave crater.

See this ATS thread ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join