It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planeswalkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Have been researching the idea of Planeswalkers (From the game Magic The Gathering/MTG.) as one of the many types of created groups of figures that could be linked to archetypes, or other related things. (Jace who's one of them is the guy in my avatar.) I've got quite a few MTG cards too and have had some for quite a while, as they help for writing and art ideas. I've never actually played the game but have started learning about the rules, making decks, etc, and it looks like a great game, might get the pc version soon and try it out. I only found out about Planeswalkers recently though. (despite having one as my avatar for a while, I didn't know who it was.)

Anyway despite what the actual game is like, (if you're into that you'll either already know or pursue that aspect anyway if you're into that type of thing.) here's a quote from a page where there's more about what a Planeswalker is, a list of Planeswalkers currently in the game, and also a page for each of them, which explains what they're like. Those pages are a great help in understanding them, especially if you want to look at them as archetypes or whatever related concept(s) :

In Magic: The Gathering, a Planeswalker is a powerful mage who is able to travel across the planes of existence. There are infinite worlds across the Multiverse, and Planeswalkers are unique in their ability to move from one world to the next, expanding their knowledge and power through the experiences they collect there.

After the Planeswalker spark ignites, one has the power to dedicate one’s life to a personal mission, whatever that may be. A Planeswalker’s life is consumed with the exploration of the Multiverse, the discovery of strange secrets and experiences, and the plumbing of the depths of one’s own mystic soul. The life of a Planeswalker is a life of choice and self-determination, unrestricted by the boundaries of world or fate. With the freedom to travel and the power of magic, each Planeswalker has the power to carve his or her name on the face of history.

Source : Planeswalkers

And here's a video that has a trailer including some of them. The trailer is for the pc/console game, but each Planeswalker is also a mythic rare card in the actual card game :

They're here on wikipedia too : Planeswalker

There's not a lot more to add after that really, because if you're into looking at characters like these as archetypes, etc, you'll obviously be able to do your own thing with the information that's around. The characters also have backstories, as does the whole Magic game, so there's plenty more you can learn about them and the Multiverse they live in if you want to.
edit on 8-4-2012 by robhines because: typos

new topics

join