It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There seems to be more than one ATS member with the idea that people in dreams can ONLY come from faces and people you have seen in real life ... whether consciously or subconsciously.

I have no idea where they get this mis-informed tripe ... but, it's certainly not from experience!

There are many kinds of dreams; but, I'm only focusing on "common" everyday dreams.

So, for those who have been mis-taught and believe that dream faces and people only come from people we have seen (directly or indirectly - consciously or subconsciously) tell me where I saw THIS person I just dreamed of.

The eyes were 4X normal size, the eye was surrounded by normal-sized eyes ... roughly 12 across the top and 8 underneathe in a design much like eyeliner. Last, at the apex where the cheek, nose bridge and tear duct meet was a double-sized normal eye.

Now ... you can google up deformed babies and people all day ... where do you find one that looks like that?

The idea that dreams can ONLY know what we know ... isn't true.

Show me a face like that!

Now, I figure the dream I just had was symbolic!

The main eye - the American public OR the President
The 12 eyes - who knows - only the legislative branch is missing in my analogy.
The 8 eye - 8 Supreme court justices and
The tear duct eye - the Chief Justice.

Sure, my symbology very well may be mis-interpreted. But, you get the jest. It's an abstract symbolic dream.

The point is ... for those who believe dream people can ONLY be people you've met, know, have seen, etc. in waking life ... show me pics of this person. They'd be so monstrous that there would certainly be a write-up somewhere on this person.

After you show me that, explain why nobody in my dreams look like the person I know whom they "represent" in my dream.

Also, please advise where you got the absurd idea that dreams cannot contain anything new?

If EVERYTHING "envisioned" is something that already exists ... then nothing new could ever be invented.

edit on 8/4/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
too drunk/didn't read

pics or it didn't happen

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Or maybe you astral projected? In the astral realm there's always the possibility of you "meeting" non-human entities. You astral project nearly every night, you just don't remember it often.

As for what you saw, you probably saw some "non-human entities".

Or your brain could be working on overdrive and mashing up your memories into weird, unearthly creatures and portraying them in your dreams

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I don't think there are many hard and fast rules you can go by when it comes to dreams. If it can be imagined, it can be dreamed.

Were these eyes attached to a being of some sort?

edit on 8-4-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yes, the rest of the face was 'normal'.

I agree. There are many different types of dreams and though there are some generalities that might fit most (never all) people, dreams are pretty unique to an individual like fingerprints.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It has always bothered me why I get "surprises" in my dreams if I am the only person "generating" them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grill

I've always wondered about that too...maybe our subconscious is just that good at hiding things from us?
Don't know if we'll ever really figure out a way to know for sure...

I think that there's probably some level of interactivity on some dream plains...ie. people coming to people in a dream, angels coming to people in a dream, dreams where you feel like you didn't get any rest

Something seems to suggest that there's a lot more to dreaming than most people realize
edit on 8-4-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grill

You get surprised because you have projected the consciousness the thing you call 'I' into the subconscious. The subconscious makes most of the dream, and you the conscious are not privy to it, unless you start changing it.

On to the other point. Dreaming things you havn't seen?
Yes you can. I have dreamed science facts. I had to look them up later and they proved to be true. Thr main one I remember (kind of) was about gravity and the equation that describes it's magnitude... I didn't know that before..

I used to dream about this girl a few times maybe like 5. In my dream her name was Carolyn. Well I met her 2 years later only her name was Carly.

I dreamed of a Giant fat bee that was maybe 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. I know of no such bee even now I have looked for it, it was so fat lol. Well, the next day that exact bee flys right in my face and then turns and zooms by.

I have some others but I cannot think. Of course you can dream whatever, you are not just a body sitting in 3D space. You are everywhere all the time, but your mind is focused here, that is all..

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Without more context It is hard to see what you are describing. I have met animals in dreams that speak and snarl and bite with venom. Weird deities that sometimes talk or sometimes thought communicate.

Maybe you watched a nature show about these before you went to bed...

www.google.com...

Or maybe these...

www.google.com...

I know that these probably aren't even close, but maybe your vision "symbolized" something that you aren't picking up on yet? Think outside the box.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Disturbing dream, OP.

Not exactly what you described, but reminds me of this nightmarish picture a little:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The eyes were 4X normal size, the eye was surrounded by normal-sized eyes ... roughly 12 across the top and 8 underneathe in a design much like eyeliner. Last, at the apex where the cheek, nose bridge and tear duct meet was a double-sized normal eye.

You know bro, if your read this site much on people and there dreams. You will find that for a lot of people that is a pretty normal dream.

It might not be something that you are used to, but I have come across and read plenty of people with weirder dreams then that, and I have had weirder dreams then that personally. Dreams follow no rules you know, there is no law that says you can only dream of this or that each and every night.

But if you strongly believe it was not your dream...Well there is a chance that it wasn't, you could of been in some aliens dream you know...He could be talking to his buddies as I type this about the strange freaky face with only 2 eyes, one nose, and one mouth that he dreamed of last night.

top topics

join