It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U think realized Oneness is the end all be all of all Paths? Think again....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have literally been apart of the oneness with the universe. I have my ways of exiting the pineal gland, and what I can say is that you lose self-consciousness to be apart of the universal consciousness with an unlimited amount of energy flowing like liquid and everyone living in peace, dancing and having sex everywhere

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Im referencing the following site:
Taoist Techniques

Scroll down a little and you will find the 19 steps in Practical Process of Taoist Internal Alchemy Practice.

Some of them are:
STEP 14 Conceive a fetus of the true self In ten months' time (1)
or
STEP 17 Raise the fetus of true self in three years' time
or
STEP 19 Fill up the Infinite Emptiness with my brilliant psychical light in nine years

...like really? This would be a dream come true to be able to work on such things. But the point being that, with most Paths, it is said once the Absolute is reached, that's the end, that's it.

But in these Taoists texts, they are saying that reaching the Absolute is basically beginner's steps and it continues on from there into more hard-core stuff.

Whats your take?

So, who's the guy who invented this stuff?

2nd question - Why does anyone really believe that what this guy invented is actually what "life is all about" if no one (at least no one who isn't holed up in a Tibetan cave somewhere his whole life) can ever live this specific life?

How can such a rigid discipline be anything but a human construct? 99.999999999999999999999999999% of natural progressive development is passively directed by default avenues of potential laid out before driven causation. Why is it that only the Homo Sapien hominid is required by "god" to completely clash against every other aspect of reality as its own proper expression of corporeal existence? And to what end? Oneness with the rest of what naturally and passively became fully realized and in-tune with its own proper existential purpose? Is the corporeal Homo Sapien that wrongly fitted to the rest of reality? And if so, then why?

Authoritarianism is a malignancy that was crafted by sick and twisted people, and it hides out most effectively within temples, churches and places of quiet meditation. In these dungeons, it is least expected.
edit on 4/9/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

In my very humble opinion, None of this you refer to, has anything to do with real Tao. Tao is wholeness of existence through realization that you ARE. It's transcendent of the pull of positive and negative. It even transcends the illusions of paths, realizing through experience, that ALL can not go to WHERE it is. Tao is what you experience, when you fully recognize that What you're looking for...is WHERE you're looking from.

It's the illusion of paths, that create the necessity for practice and rituals, nothing more. Yet, perusing the illusion of paths, can create experiences that help one realize (through suffering and with the aid of grace alone) that he has always been THAT.

So if you refer to an experience that's greater than oneness with the I AM. You are flirting with maya, in a grand way. Bacause oneness with all, has nothing to do with experiences, although experiences can be contained within it. The I AM, OR the Tao, is trancendant of all perceptions of experiences. It does not attempt to fulfill or entertain any idea of itself, because the totality of Tao , can never be contained in an idea or belief. So the Tao master is finally at peace and in eternal rest. Tao is the refuge within all of us. It has been given many names....

edit on 9-4-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

So, who's the guy who invented this stuff?

Some chinese guy way back when thousands of years ago. Thats irrelevant to me as I have myself tasted experientially some of the things that are discussed in the teachings, which give to me in turn significance that perhaps the section which I have not experienced, my be true.

2nd question - Why does anyone really believe that what this guy invented is actually what "life is all about" if no one (at least no one who isn't holed up in a Tibetan cave somewhere his whole life) can ever live this specific life?

When I look around at the world & break it all down, then whats the most important and biggest grandest thing there is besides Life itself? To me it has been Enlightenment, God, Absolute Truth. I care not to follow or do what everyone else is wrapped up in. I want to directly see behind the veil of reality and have since then had small peeks and even remembered pre-existing prior to being here on earth.

Its all worth it for me. I feel drawn to caves, to hours/days/years of meditations and unveiling the truth within. Others are drawn to other things in life. Why are they drawn to other things in life?

I've gone on and did just about everything there is to do and its all been empty to me, like things to do to pass time, all the while these bodies move closer to death. My fullness comes from investigating these things and there seems to be some core center within me that Longs for and Loves the direct experience of Absolute Truth.

How can such a rigid discipline be anything but a human construct?

Everything is a human construct. If we want to build a vehicle, we have to follow the constructs with which we live to be able to re-produce one. Same goes for realization of the Absolute. We all live within our own rigid human constructs of mind and it takes certain discipline to pop that bubble.

Why is it that only the Homo Sapien hominid is required by "god" to completely clash against every other aspect of reality as its own proper expression of corporeal existence?

Because we are unique compared to the rest of reality. Unless u are of the school that we are the same as a blade of grass or a bird or a skunk, yet when a skunk becomes roadkill, we hold no funeral for it.

We pre-existed in a different state prior to being here, and when leaving here, will go back to said state. I have remembered this in my own path and it has explained why this human body has always felt so heavy and limited and suffocating and why I, and many others, have never felt comfortable with this place, even if we are surrounded by comforts.

What is proper expression of corporeal existence? Murders, death, rape, relativity, having children and spoiling them all the while the news comes on and shows children in my own country who are used as sex slaves?

And to what end? Oneness with the rest of what naturally and passively became fully realized and in-tune with its own proper existential purpose?

Intune as itself Yes. But all of the Subjectivity experiences itself as separate and this is causing all the divisions and wars everywhere. I know for sure 100% if Oneness was realized by all, it would be impossible for all the same madness to take place that is now going on.

Is the corporeal Homo Sapien that wrongly fitted to the rest of reality? And if so, then why?

We are a disease to earth. Just watch the news for a day. Why? Well that would require various perspectives to be included. My personal take is that somewhere, somehow, something went wrong and resulted in Illusion, and yet in a sense Illusion is necessary for us to know what we've been missing. If you always have something, you don't know what you got til its gone. Goes alot further than that, but I;d need to write a few volumes of books and a few years worth of research to really break it all down.

Authoritarianism is a malignancy that was crafted by sick and twisted people, and it hides out most effectively within temples, churches and places of quiet meditation. In these dungeons, it is least expected.

Authoritarianism itself is neutral. Its positions of power and the twisted ego perspective bubble that corrupts. For example a master craftsman wood worker who is a teacher and Authority in his field. You can watch him work and you listen and learn and humble yourself because you know your knowledge set does not equal his. He's like an artist. And yet the fact that he has the position, can completely corrupt him into many innapropriate actions.

But there is wisdom also in places of Authority as well. There are those who do not become corrupt and remain humble and fair, though it is a rarity.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have a friend who has been recommending Taoist internal alchemy/qigong to me for years. I have remained skeptical the whole time, and remain so, but according to him, you do not have to believe anything because the techniques work. I have recently started the practices and I have to say that there is something to them. What, exactly, I'm not sure yet.

There are a lot of bogus/incomplete techniques and methods on the internet. I would recommend Michael Winn or alternately Mantak Chia, who are according to my friend, "the real deal." My plan is to attend one of Winn's teaching sessions in the near future.

Here is a link to Winn's site.

Good luck.

Winn's ebook "Way of the Inner Smile" is available for free download there if you join his mailing list. It is a very interesting read.
edit on 2-9-2012 by va1745 because: add remark about ebook

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Oneness is all there is and most humans have not 'realized' this oneness. Humans are looking for the only thing there is -so strange that they cannot find it.
They cannot find it because they are looking for it elsewhere because they believe in elsewhere. There is no 'elsewhere'. There is no 'other'.
This is it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Each have their own way.
What rings true to one may not to another
Why are you on Earth, what is your purpose

Your purpose is not the same as mine or others
Non can tell you what your purpose is

Non are "One" that is arrogant or ignorant to think so - Like saying I am the Creator - sorry you are not.
Ten a penny gods and gurus are easily found

Yes you like all are connected to the "One" but are not the "One" nor ever will be, unless the whole of everything folds back into itself.

edit on 3-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Your thoughts are very interesting.
Good to see independent thought provoking thinking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join