It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U think realized Oneness is the end all be all of all Paths? Think again....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So the end all be all is Oneness with all, Union with God, Realization of the Absolute. Its the inner esoteric teaching of all religions, of much historic Philosophy, and so forth.

A surprising number of ATS members have also realized this Oneness to be true. For myself it is at least in fleeting Glimpses, yet I know the Oneness to be more substantial and real than all the collective reality and subjective perspective bubbles that each person lives. It like the foundation of all, this Oneness, prior to what ever anyone thinks about it, and prior to whether you even believe in it, It is there.

Here's the thing though, most religions that discuss Oneness say it is Enlightenment and the End All Be ALl of the path. Once Oneness is realized, you are at home and complete.

Yet I recently found these Taoist teachings that discuss Oneness and then the changes that the physical goes through Once this is realized. To them, Oneness is just the beginning of the path, as some what intermediate level.

I think my biggest (well the mind/ego) issue, is having come across some ancient secret taoist techniques, and they go on discussing how to transform the body after having realize the Supreme Absolute. Some of these transformations require 10-13 years of practice and so forth...

...thats just so disheartening considering in today's society where maybe 1 in a billion can hit a cave or monastery and work all this out.

Im referencing the following site:
Taoist Techniques

Scroll down a little and you will find the 19 steps in Practical Process of Taoist Internal Alchemy Practice.

Some of them are:
STEP 14 Conceive a fetus of the true self In ten months' time (1)
or
STEP 17 Raise the fetus of true self in three years' time
or
STEP 19 Fill up the Infinite Emptiness with my brilliant psychical light in nine years

...like really? This would be a dream come true to be able to work on such things. But the point being that, with most Paths, it is said once the Absolute is reached, that's the end, that's it.

But in these Taoists texts, they are saying that reaching the Absolute is basically beginner's steps and it continues on from there into more hard-core stuff.

Whats your take?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well I became one.
I say things like I AM.

I also say it was when I was truly born into this world.

So no, it NEVER ends.

Not saying I am ONE right now. But I was, and will be again.

Realizing the ONE makes life Harder, in my opinion.

Preacher man, don't tell me,
Heaven is under the earth.
I know you don't know
What life is really worth.
It's not all that glitters is gold;
'Alf the story has never been told:
So now you see the light, eh!
Stand up for your rights. come on!

edit on 4/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
everything is the placebo effect, if you actually believe it, your going to be drawn to the desirable outcome. I believe in oneness, so i feel that way.. Everything in life is an illusion that we will never find all the answers too.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

For me seeing the One off and on, makes it sooooo much easier. Its like seeing through all of my own BS and the BS of others and the world, then seeing the Unification of just how close we really all are. Its home to me, the home I could never find as I have always found this earth life and world to be disgusting and filled with wars, hatred, evil, lies, corruption, etc ...oh and I have taken part in some of that crap myself.

I can see how it could be harder. More sensitivity, knowing that its all illusion, seeing just how people self sabotage themselves but no matter what you tell them, they wont listen. I hear ya. A double edge sword perhaps. Still I would rather know the One, than to continue in ignorance is bliss state that I was once in.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

everything is the placebo effect, if you actually believe it, your going to be drawn to the desirable outcome. I believe in oneness, so i feel that way.. Everything in life is an illusion that we will never find all the answers too.

I dont know about that. The Oneness state I was somewhat skeptical about. I just accidentally sort of fell into a direct experience of it and it was completely beyond anything that I could have imagined it to be, and it was/is prior to any thought about it or even any awareness of it. The Oneness is devoid of I or how I feel about it...there is no Me in it, the no 'I' state.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Oh yes.
I agree with all of that.
I was insanely negative before knowing.
Now I have little fear in me, so I love everyone.

I used to hate this world and all the stupid people in it.
But they are ME, so let's all help.

I do have responsibility now though, whereas before I could be a selfish prick.

To other poster:
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

what is the placebo effect? lol I call it Will power. The universe is ME... I'll keep knowing though.. haha

It's kind of Funny because I was randomly watching the third Matrix. Neo turns into the ONE after being human which unbalanced the equation, and then had to rebalance by making peace and freeing some people out of the illusion. He said "It's amazing trinnity I see light everywhere, like, it was all, made of light."

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
U make an interesting point. I think complete oneness would be the general satisfactory achievement but i don't believe that's as high as you can go. If you where to bring another life into the world and by your teachings elevate them into oneness as well, you in turn would reach a higher level. I presume that is...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

well. Yea. You have to get better and better at being ONE, but you also have to be just one...

It's like some crazy circle we or I haha use to learn things..

It's kind of fun cause you can always spot when someone else KNOWS...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Follow the White Rabbit

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle."

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oneness is the beginning of understanding. Whether one progresses from there is entirely up to that person. For some, just the understanding is enough. Nonetheless, usually some changes in personality and interactons with the world are bound to happen.

Perhaps the closest thing to it that a non-enlightened person can experience is to have a near-death experience with its typical profound acceptance. That can similarly equate in some ways with enlightenment.

As they say, it is a journey, not the destination.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
So the end all be all is Oneness with all, Union with God, Realization of the Absolute. Its the inner esoteric teaching of all religions, of much historic Philosophy, and so forth.

A surprising number of ATS members have also realized this Oneness to be true. For myself it is at least in fleeting Glimpses, yet I know the Oneness to be more substantial and real than all the collective reality and subjective perspective bubbles that each person lives. It like the foundation of all, this Oneness, prior to what ever anyone thinks about it, and prior to whether you even believe in it, It is there.

Here's the thing though, most religions that discuss Oneness say it is Enlightenment and the End All Be ALl of the path. Once Oneness is realized, you are at home and complete.

Yet I recently found these Taoist teachings that discuss Oneness and then the changes that the physical goes through Once this is realized. To them, Oneness is just the beginning of the path, as some what intermediate level.

I think my biggest (well the mind/ego) issue, is having come across some ancient secret taoist techniques, and they go on discussing how to transform the body after having realize the Supreme Absolute. Some of these transformations require 10-13 years of practice and so forth...

...thats just so disheartening considering in today's society where maybe 1 in a billion can hit a cave or monastery and work all this out.

Im referencing the following site:
Taoist Techniques

Scroll down a little and you will find the 19 steps in Practical Process of Taoist Internal Alchemy Practice.

Some of them are:
STEP 14 Conceive a fetus of the true self In ten months' time (1)
or
STEP 17 Raise the fetus of true self in three years' time
or
STEP 19 Fill up the Infinite Emptiness with my brilliant psychical light in nine years

...like really? This would be a dream come true to be able to work on such things. But the point being that, with most Paths, it is said once the Absolute is reached, that's the end, that's it.

But in these Taoists texts, they are saying that reaching the Absolute is basically beginner's steps and it continues on from there into more hard-core stuff.

Whats your take?

For me the moment of realisation was just the continuation on my journey.
Before Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
You are always evolving even if you are not noticing it. Being static is an illussion.

There are people who wake up because when they run into the wall (from depression) they pulverize (go thru it) the wall. From my point of view medicine might not be the answer to something that might be needed to happen to make the person happy.

Here is a video on how it might be explaned and how the brain might work when sudden enlightment strikes. vimeo.com...

Some people go thru longterm meditation instead to get the same effects.

Some people who are awakeen walk among you and are not in caves or monasterys. We are of all race, religon and non religon, country, gender and lifestyle. When the pupil is ready the master appears.

My awakeening opened my crown chakra and third eye chakra quickly but I had to listen to meditive sounds to open the rest. I am not a person that can silence my mind and sit long time concentrating on chakras. It is very boring to me and I do not have the patiance.

Lying on my back feeling my body and whatever it is flowing thru me is for me. www.youtube.com...

My soul seem to like singing opera in a strange language that I think do not exist but is a lot of fun. At least it is creative. Seems that Robbie Williams maybe have experianced the same thing.

Robbie Williams- Feel lyrics
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

For me seeing the One off and on, makes it sooooo much easier. Its like seeing through all of my own BS and the BS of others and the world, then seeing the Unification of just how close we really all are. Its home to me, the home I could never find as I have always found this earth life and world to be disgusting and filled with wars, hatred, evil, lies, corruption, etc ...oh and I have taken part in some of that crap myself.

I can see how it could be harder. More sensitivity, knowing that its all illusion, seeing just how people self sabotage themselves but no matter what you tell them, they wont listen. I hear ya. A double edge sword perhaps. Still I would rather know the One, than to continue in ignorance is bliss state that I was once in.

But if you are enlightened (connected to one) do you now have the bliss state in you? I thought all people that had connected had the harmony state and the carress on their head. Maybe that is not for all. Sad really. It makes this world easier to deal with and you normaly can't keep a smile away form your face when you feel it. I might be very angry in my mind at times but if you ever meet me you would meet a very harmonius laughting person that have a ridicoulous side to him. Im sorry but I am still ony 1 year old and I am having temper tantrums

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I don't think everyone's experience is the same. I hope you saw the Matrix, because I refer to that alot.

After Neo is freed and while talking to Morpheus, he asks him, " I can't go back, can I?" Morpheus then replied, "If you could, would you go back?"

Being truly freed from the illusion was a truly terrifying experience for me and I don't recommend it. This didn't take any yoga at all, but only certain cognitive steps as laid out by a person applying the Direct Path. It's left me bitter and depressed overall. To see everything as illusory and the play that everyone seems to play out to no real avail is odd and places me at odds with everyone.

I don't know, but the Direct Path could have been too fast for me or applied incorrectly. Anyway, this is why the Matrix put that in there. It's also why Cipher's role was the way it was. Maybe there are some individuals who wake up and wish they could re-insert into the Matrix.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Oneness/Absolute is apparently only half the journey. There is then the discovery of the Nothingness. In short the Oneness is about seeing the singularity of everything around you and all is one. Then after more contemplation, you can realize that you seem only to focus on things/ideas/nouns.

If you really look at it, there is nearly infinitely more space than things. More Nothingness than Somethingness.

More space between individual atoms, atomic particles and more space between stars/planets than you can imagine.

If we are all, then we are also what's between everything as well.

You are not only everywhere, but nowhere also.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I don't think everyone's experience is the same. I hope you saw the Matrix, because I refer to that alot.

After Neo is freed and while talking to Morpheus, he asks him, " I can't go back, can I?" Morpheus then replied, "If you could, would you go back?"
Maybe there are some individuals who wake up and wish they could re-insert into the Matrix.

Oh I have wished it many many many many Times. I was Pissed at God, whatever that means, haha, for the longest time... But you come to realize that you don't actually want that, and even if you did you can't...

It takes awhile to use the knowing for anything positive. At least for me It ruined my life for a couple years. I couldn't care about anything, because it's all one thing. My SMALL life lost all meaning.

And then I progressed and my life has more meaning than ever.

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
The Oneness/Absolute is apparently only half the journey. There is then the discovery of the Nothingness. In short the Oneness is about seeing the singularity of everything around you and all is one. Then after more contemplation, you can realize that you seem only to focus on things/ideas/nouns.

You are not only everywhere, but nowhere also.

Used to post about that all the time. I explain it as Zero, that we shape into Infinity, that is zero, forever, everywhere, in no time, anywhere ever Always... For Eternity...

edit on 4/8/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
God realization is never a waste of time. A lot of people think it is just sitting around and close your eyes. That is just the bitter beginning. For some it is easier for some it is very hard the first steps to take. Can you renounce to so many things that are materialistic in nature to cone ct to you inner self completely?

Well if you can then you should be called the envy for the seeker.

I had few months before I got involved in having a family, very good meditations.
I felt things I thought they where never possible. It was the best thing ever! Different energies are for humans to reach. Those energies are also inclined to approach humans.
In my case I never got the peace and a calm again to achieve a good meditation.

Is there in our fast lives enough time for the goal of enlightenment and can you put everything else aside?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So basically it gets better? What can I do get out of depression or avoid nihilism? Not that that is where I'm necessarily headed, but I'd just like to steer clear of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There are 91 stages to the Absolute (God-in-His-subjectivity):
1^2 + 2^2 + 3^2 + 4^2 + 5^2 + 6^2 = 91.
49 stages (=7^2) involve evolution of living things from the microbe, through Man towards the Divine Life in physical incarnations requiring material bodies). This takes many lifetimes as personal Karma becomes exhausted and the need to incarnate lessens until the point when human consciousness re-unites with its cosmic Source (Nirvana). The remaining 42 stages represent living within the Divine Life. The arena is no longer this physical universe but superphysical levels of cosmic consciousness. Little can be said of them as they transcend the ability of dualistic language to describe. However, they are, mathematically speaking, still cpable of representation in abstract form.

These 91 levels are encoded in the sacred geometries of Pythagoras, the Otz Chiim of Kabbala, the Tantric Sri Yantra and the five Platonic solids, as well as in the disdyakis triacontahedron. To discover how they map all levels of reality, visit:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

So basically it gets better? What can I do get out of depression or avoid nihilism? Not that that is where I'm necessarily headed, but I'd just like to steer clear of it.

Yes it does get better. The same thing happened to me. Well its 2 fold really cuz 1st I went into this through Christianity and after getting Baptised I got the Holy Spirit which indwelled me and gave me mystical experiences for years ...which led to deep meditations. Eventually I went through the dark night of the soul. Was stripped of all likes/dislikes, personality, etc... that really sucked at the time, but in retrospect it was spring cleaning of the ego ..it was good cause I embraced nothingness and let go into it.

It was at that point that somewhere in the Middle of the chest, prior to mind, there was longing for Union w/ the Absolute. That led to all types of studies and eventual glimpses of Oneness ..which is empty ..like the Isness of all things Unified for Infinity.

I have talked to others who are in this state 24/7 and they say you can end up a Nihilist from that state ...but to keep going and to track down this point in that chest that longs for Truth/God/Absolute. Finding this point reveals that the Oneness/Emptiness is actually Fullness and Love... at that point you are constantly Annihilated over and over by waves of shear maddening ecstasy. I have had this at times and had to hold back from it until I could be in a better situation and time to sit in it.

They call it Consciousness/Emptiness/Bliss. The Consciousness aspect is the you devoid of thoughts, just that empti awareness ...which Unifies with the Emptiness(Oneness), and then eventually comes the Bliss, somewhere in the chest, track down the source of Love.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Realization that leaves you feeling depression or negativity is misunderstood/misinterpreted realization...imo...
edit on 9-4-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join