It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-Marxist Philosophy: The Key to Understanding the Secret War for Your Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I must admit, my friend, that I had hoped our Leftist friend would respond to my reply to her instead of just ignoring it, and for this reason I have refrained from making a reply to you. However, at this point, it appears as if my arguments in support of natural and unalienable rights has simply been ignored. This ignorance is tragic.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Tragic? Nahh.

I just find it a boring argument. It doesn't interest me personally. Reams and reams have been written on it elsewhere, and if you or others wish to continue this ongoing argument, by all means go ahead. But I have a limited amount of energy, and in this thread I'm saving it for my next post, which is taking me longer than expected.

Not saying its not a valid argument...just that its not one I, personally, care all that much about. No hard feelings, I hope.
Like I said I like your style and I welcome your participation.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
I just find it a boring argument.....

Boring, hmmm....

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.
-George Orwell. 1984

Bolded letters mine.

Not that I am calling our delightful young thread-starter stupid, of course. I would hope my comments on page one should be evidence enough that I consider you anything but. But protective stupidity is a weapon wielded even by the most intelligent when it comes to ideolgy.

You are pretty sharp to have picked up on the fact that the pic I used in my post is from the world of the vor v zakone, too. I certainly didn't expect anyone here to be able to identify it at all. It's pretty obscure stuff.

edit on 4/12/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Yes indeed! In order to continue praising communism, it becomes very necessary that you are bored, and very bored with individual rights, otherwise you might find yourself having a crisis of conscience and such a thing would not bode well while in praise of plunder.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by hawkiye

I must admit, my friend, that I had hoped our Leftist friend would respond to my reply to her instead of just ignoring it, and for this reason I have refrained from making a reply to you. However, at this point, it appears as if my arguments in support of natural and unalienable rights has simply been ignored. This ignorance is tragic.

Well I knew there would be no meaningful response to that beautiful display of reason logic and truth. As Mr. Miyagi said in the Karate Kid "no can defend"

As for the "it's boring" response where I come from we call that a tail tuck...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Very deep thread.

As for Communism,I find it as approachable,as religion. Because Communism is like a religion,trappings included.

If we disregard its atheism for a moment, Communism has all the trappings of an organized religion: its messiahs and saints—Marx, Engels and Lenin; its sacred scriptures—the writings of these men; a band of apostles and prophets—the Communist Party; an elect nation—the Russian (or Chinese) people; sin—defined as rejecting Communism; conversion—becoming a communist; and above all faith—that complete trust one must have in the truth of Communism’s holy dogmas.~ David Benson

edit on 12-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Ok so read your thing op.

I take it your some sort of communist.

K, cool, whatever. To tell the truth I have a hard time distinguishing between any of the isms. In fact there all pretty much the same things to me. So what makes your brand and blend of Communism so special that we should change the label and the brand on the prepackaged package that is the many faces of ism?

ism/ˈizəm/
Noun:
A distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.
Synonyms:
doctrine - theory

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
interesting thread i read the first and secondary main post to the subject matter and have a question. is it safe to assume then that people can be labeled communist if they believe in economic determinism?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

A lot of people attacking communism in this thread ,which is understandable but a shame because it's taking us off topic.Good luck leftist in your thread[Post-Marxist Philosophy: The Key to Understanding the Secret War for Your Mind]and try to stay on subject if possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join