It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Recent quakes in US ‘almost certainly man-made’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
endthelie.com...

“The acceleration in activity that began in 2009 appears to involve a combination of source regions of oil and gas production, including the Guy, Arkansas, region, and in central and southern Oklahoma. Horton, et al. (2012) provided strong evidence linking the Guy, AK, activity to deep waste water injection wells,” the study says. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

The research team led by USGS geophysicist William Ellsworth, says the frequency of earthquakes began rising in 2001 across a broad swath of the country between Alabama and Montana and culminated “in a six-fold increase over 20th century levels in 2011.” Meanwhile, according to the federal Energy Information Administration, shale gas production grew, on average, nearly 50 per cent a year from 2006 to 2010. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

So, we don't even have to go as far as saying "HAARP did it". We just have to look at good ol' drilling.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

So, we don't even have to go as far as saying "HAARP did it". We just have to look at good ol' drilling.

While this may be true, it is not nearly as interesting as saying "HAARP did it", as you will most probably find out by the amount of flags on this thread, if nothing else.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
deja vu

isnt there a thread with the same title from a few days ago

cant find it...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Once again MORE nonsense.....and "HAARP" as the "culprit"??

Insert eyeroll here

Look....this is SO EASY to undrestand!!!!

IF "HAARP" could 'cause' earthquakes where ever wished.....then......I mean HELLO!!!!!

Wouldn't it be 'directed' at the ENEMY????

Really, some people need a head/anus extraction tool kit............

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

can you please show me where the op said harp did it?

perhaps i am reading a different post than you are....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rwguessjr

Yeah.....the OP is about some actual REAL potential responsibilities of what is known as "fracking".

I jumped the gun (given the Forum this thread is in) to assume that many would suddenly use 'HAARP' ( based on it's mention).

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Once again MORE nonsense.....and "HAARP" as the "culprit"??

Insert eyeroll here

Look....this is SO EASY to undrestand!!!!

IF "HAARP" could 'cause' earthquakes where ever wished.....then......I mean HELLO!!!!!

Wouldn't it be 'directed' at the ENEMY????

Really, some people need a head/anus extraction tool kit............

Way to jump the gun there, killer. Haha

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
From the source:

However, USGS authors did not estimate a direct cause-effect relationship between oil and gas activity and earthquakes.

“It remains to be determined how they are related to either changes in extraction methodologies or the rate of oil and gas production,” says the abstract for USGS study, published by the Seismological Society of America.

I dunno, it seems a long way between "almost certainly" and "we don't know how".
I think the article kinda jumps the gun, myself.

Beats jumping the shark, though...

new topics

top topics

join