It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ideas on various stuff and things.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, as stated in the title. Here are my theories on a few topics.

1. The current state of US idiocy.
I totally believe that the advancement of safety devices and medical treatment has led to the pandemic of stupidity that is afflicting the USA right now. Think of all the young children throughout history that did not survive past the age of say 15 or so, because they were stupid or did stupid things.
To borrow from George Carlin, Some of you are thinking, “He’s is not attacking the children is he?” You are goddamn right I am.
Think of every kid that stuck a fork in a wall socket, or walked out into the street without looking both ways. Many of you will think this is common sense, (It was common sense to me when I was a kid.), and you would be right. But alas, many of these intelligence deficient children are surviving these altercations due to advancements in medical technologies. These idiots are then going on to have idiot children of their own.
Now I am not against medical advancements, but I think there should be a panel that debates the common sense of the individual. This panel would decide whether or not said person was just being an idiot or not. If found to be stupid, medical assistance would be denied. We could select these panels just like jury duty, that way everyone gets a say.

2. Religion.
I disagree with religion, but I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want. With that being said, pushing your religion onto other people should be punishable by death. If you want to advertise your beliefs, feel free to buy all the ad-space and billboards you want. But going door to door and Soliciting or harassing free thinking human beings to subscribe to a particular belief system will be a crime against humanity and will be treated as such. I think this will solve much of the world’s sectarian violence and discrimination.

3. Politics.
I think all public offices should be limited to one term. No one employed by a corporation earning more than $1 billion annually can ever hold public office. No one employed by an organization that receives funds from a corporation earning more than $1 billion annually, may ever hold public office. No one may hold more than one public office in their lifetime. The same will apply to banks, money lenders, and any other financial institutions. Lobbying will be punishable by death. No one ever employed by a corporation or organization described above may ever serve in the US military or the states national guard or reserves.
I think this would go a long way towards solving the nation’s corruption problems

edit on 7-4-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Now I am not against medical advancements, but I think there should be a panel that debates the common sense of the individual. This panel would decide whether or not said person was just being an idiot or not. If found to be stupid, medical assistance would be denied. We could select these panels just like jury duty, that way everyone gets a say. ]

what the hell does this even mean and how does deciding whether or not to treat a smokers lung cancer involve medical advancement?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats

Now I am not against medical advancements, but I think there should be a panel that debates the common sense of the individual. This panel would decide whether or not said person was just being an idiot or not. If found to be stupid, medical assistance would be denied. We could select these panels just like jury duty, that way everyone gets a say. ]

what the hell does this even mean and how does deciding whether or not to treat a smokers lung cancer involve medical advancement?

I don't understand your question. I'm a smoker, in fact I smoke more than anyone else I know. I never said anything about long term medical issues, but if I get lung cancer, I couldn't very well blame anyone else but me. Therefor I would not expect, nor ask for Govt. assistance for my treatment. I was talking about traumatic injuries directly brought on by being stupid. perhaps I could have been more specific, although I thought I was very precise.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To add:

While admittedly unhealthy, I do not think smoking is stupid. I believe cigarettes are very efficient means of quick stress relief. I have no doubt I would be in jail for murder many times over if not for cigarettes.

top topics

join