It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legit Questions for ATS Liberals…Shed Some Light Please

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Why would fear be the most base emotion?
Doesn't fear of being eatin make an animal
in the jungle fight or flight? Fear is what keeps that species around
and alive..

In short, all spiritual systems, and particularly that of Christianity, are about transcending our animal nature and becoming truly sentient beings, in other words being in command of our own selves through rationality, not instinct. We humans may behave as animals most of the time, but we are not compelled to do so. We have a choice. Accepting the teachings of Jesus, like turning the other cheek, for example, is all about becoming a higher form of being through willpower.

The animal reacts primarily to fear. The American today who reacts primarily to fear is one who is afraid of Muslims, gays, strong women, blacks, etc. The fear is stoked by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, GOP politicians, and their cohorts. Ironically the heavily "christian" republican base react to that fear as animals would, thus denying the teachings of Christ.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

That is pretty funny coming from someone who has contributed nothing to this thread and has only served to bicker with me about what you did not understand in my post. Other than that and then apologizing for it, what have you added? Do not tell me people bicker too much about nothing when that is exactly all you have done.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by LErickson
It was pretty stupid to even ask liberals to answer questions for themselves when you have beezzer who is a mind reader and expert in everything to come in here and tell you what other people think.

Now I guess I should go to the other thread and explain conservatives to them.

Sour grapes.

I only provide my interpretation to progressive dichotomies.

I do not see where the OP asked conservatives to interpret liberals for him.
Why you feel you have the authority to do so and are so compelled to is odd.
When someone asks women what they think about something, do you jump up and answer for them as well?
Where else do you feel that when someone else is asked you are supposed to answer for them from your personal skewed view?
It just seems strange to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

It seems strange to you that I would have an opinion?

I chimed in because I felt that the progressive answers were disingenuous at best.

I try to simply provide clarification.

Of course, you, the OP and anyone else are free to ignore my musings on the subject.

Happy Easter!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

That is pretty funny coming from someone who has contributed nothing to this thread and has only served to bicker with me about what you did not understand in my post. Other than that and then apologizing for it, what have you added? Do not tell me people bicker too much about nothing when that is exactly all you have done.
Don’t think I’m not one to give my views or opinion. Do it all the time. This thread is based on the views liberals would give on the specific topic being addressed by the op. I’m not a liberal, don’t think like a liberal, and so, my replies to the questions addressed by the op would only be futile in the conversation.

And if your next question is to ask why I’m here, I can only say that I’m trying to understand the logic as to why liberals think the way that do. I do the same with conservative, just trying to understand. In doing so, it gives me a better understanding why people are the way they are. Knowledge is power…

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
1. Liberals do not support Sharia law. Liberals support separation of church and state, all churches and the state. If all religions aren't given equal footing, it sets a dangerous precedent. It sets the stage for official religion. If by homosexual agenda, you mean the right to marry, then yes, liberals support that right. Your question is indicative of the conservative mind. It assumes a contradiction when there is none. Even if they supported both, they wouldn't support or advocate for murder.

2. I was actually petty impressed by Thomas in a recent article. When Sharpton's show comes on, I turn the Chanel, not a fan. As far as social programs go, there are wayyyy many more white people on welfare than black people. The race of the person getting help matters less to liberals than just the fact that they need help.

3. Advocating for women's rights doesn't mean you support all female candidates. The women you describe are all grossly unqualified. For the record, many liberals can't stand Hillary either.

4. Abortion is wrong but according to the concepts of individual freedom upon which this country was founded, women should still have that choice.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Your conservatively wired brain doesn't seem to understand simple basics of left thinking...I guess it's normal.

Originally posted by seabag
1) Homosexuality and Muslims - Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

I think it's just a matter of letting other do whatever they want if it doesn't hurt anyone, so killing someone exceed all laws. Which means Sharia law is probably not accepted by the majority of leftists.

2) Racism – (Hot topic these days…I know…I will tread lightly) It seems liberals keep the term “racists” alive. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

What's so racist about praising some blacks while degrading others, wouldn't racists degrade any black person?
So, this isn't racism, bad question.

Also, why do liberals continue to promote social programs that enslave blacks at poverty level? Left policies have NEVER led to black prosperity (Chicago, Detroit, ALL of California, etc are good examples) yet they get the majority of the black vote. What does the left offer that should inspire black Americans and keep their vote? I think the tide is turning, by the way. This video is a good illustration of what I’ve said.

Prosperity in values is worth as much as money in my book. Not everything in life is about money.

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

You said it yourself, CONSERVATIVE women, it just goes to show how leftists aren't sexists, they aren't blinded by boobies to notice stupidity.

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?

Conservatives, Anti Abortion yet wouldn't be willing to pay for the unwanted child.
Need I say more on this issue?

Edit, oh and if conservatives took the right to abuse of the word LIFE in pro-life, let me abuse of CHOICE in pro-choice instead of using words to make us sound like murderers.
edit on 8-4-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo

1. Liberals do not support Sharia law. Liberals support separation of church and state, all churches and the state. If all religions aren't given equal footing, it sets a dangerous precedent. It sets the stage for official religion. If by homosexual agenda, you mean the right to marry, then yes, liberals support that right. Your question is indicative of the conservative mind. It assumes a contradiction when there is none. Even if they supported both, they wouldn't support or advocate for murder.

2. I was actually petty impressed by Thomas in a recent article. When Sharpton's show comes on, I turn the Chanel, not a fan. As far as social programs go, there are wayyyy many more white people on welfare than black people. The race of the person getting help matters less to liberals than just the fact that they need help.

3. Advocating for women's rights doesn't mean you support all female candidates. The women you describe are all grossly unqualified. For the record, many liberals can't stand Hillary either.

4. Abortion is wrong but according to the concepts of individual freedom upon which this country was founded, women should still have that choice.

Liberals don't support Sharia Law, but they spend an awful lot of time defending it.

Liberals categorize. Its part and parcel of their ideology.

Support/not support, is fine. But the vitriol directed towards certain conservative women is unecessary.

The concept of freedom doesn't extend to the unborn?

Happy Easter.

edit on 8-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I will try and offer my honest response, even though I don't consider myself a Liberal. Still a lefty but not a Liberal.

1) Homosexuality and Muslims - Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

IF the Jewish community can use the Beth Din courts to settle arbitration cases then I do not have a problem with Muslims doing the same thing with their Sharia courts As with Beth Din courts they do not replace the law of the land. In an ideal world these would not be needed but we do not live in a an ideal world.

I don't believe there is a homosexual agenda. It is just easier for people to " come out" and be proudly gay in these modern times. A good thing, I'm sure you'll agree.

2) Racism – (Hot topic these days…I know…I will tread lightly) It seems liberals keep the term “racists” alive. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

There is racism within society. what many people seem to willfully ignore is the power relationships of different races in our society.

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

I always like Condoleezza Rice. Was surprised she did not run for president. The problem with Palin and Bachman is that they are both mad as hatter's.

I think abortion should always be seen as the very last resort for the most serious cases. But as a male I feel uncomfortable making a decision over a woman's most private of property. The thing with abortion is that women will have it done whether legal or illegal. The wisest thing to do would be to make it as safe as possible for those women who do make that difficult choice. A return to the back alley clinics would be a bad move don't you think?

Anti death penalty.
I don't agree with sanctioning the government to murder it's citizens. I also don't agree with an eye for an eye. A little too close to that Sharia law you hate so much.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

To me, liberals are more emotionaly driven, while consevatives are rationally driven. The two are not compatible when it comes to politics.

The examples are too numerous to give.

Liberals are socially driven and conservatives and individually driven.
Emotions are only dominant in extremists of both sides.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The concept of freedom doesn't extend to the unborn?

No but the concept of taking away freedom does seem to extend from you towards pregnant women.

Anyway, freedom is a state of mind and an unborn child doesn't have a state of mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

reply to post by LErickson

It seems strange to you that I would have an opinion?

I chimed in because I felt that the progressive answers were disingenuous at best.

Of course liberals must be lying about themselves and need you to correct them.

I try to simply provide clarification.

You think your own personal opinion is clarification on what other people think?
How does that work?

Of course, you, the OP and anyone else are free to ignore my musings on the subject.

Ditto.

Happy Easter!

Why would you wish me a happy Easter? Do you wish other people happy birthday on your birthday too?
edit on 8-4-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

So all you have to say in all these posts is
"You said something I do not like!"
"I am sorry, I did not actually read what you wrote."

Kay, thanks!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Liberals don't support Sharia Law, but they spend an awful lot of time defending it.

Only those of us that understand what Sharia is and why it is not a threat to me or my gay neighbor. But you go ahead and be afraid of something you do not understand. That is the kind of thinking that keeps us at war.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer do you defend the rights of the Jewish community to use Beth Din courts to settle arbitration cases, like the muslims do with their sharia courts?

www.bethdin.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Unless all the homosexuals murdered in this country are done by Muslims I would say Christians are the same way towards gays just not as vocal about it.

Yes liberals support equal rights for gays and the constitution wouldn't allow Muslim Sharia Law.

Even as you ask this question you must admit the right does the same thing as the left. They always will because there is money in racism.

Also, why do liberals continue to promote social programs that enslave blacks at poverty level? Left policies have NEVER led to black prosperity (Chicago, Detroit, ALL of California, etc are good examples) yet they get the majority of the black vote.

Social programs doesn't enslave anyone they enslave themselves. Some are more than happy to accept a living that is handed to them. So why vote against the person giving them that?

Wasn't Palin was running for office in 08? Did the right think she was to be given a free ride just because she's a woman? Wouldn't that be sexist?
Of course they love Hillary she supports what they want. And Condoleezza? She helped spearhead the US into a war that never should have taken place and by time she lost her job she made so much money from it that EXXON named a tanker after her.

Not as much Pro Abortion as Pro woman's rights they say the government shouldn't tell a woman what she can do with her body.

Also on the death penalty when did killing another person solve the death of another?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer do you defend the rights of the Jewish community to use Beth Din courts to settle arbitration cases, like the muslims do with their sharia courts?

www.bethdin.org...

Does the jewish community use Beth Din courts to to infuence non-judaic cultures surrounding them?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Does the jewish community use Beth Din courts to to infuence non-judaic cultures surrounding them?

I don't know, you never really here about them, unlike the sharia courts. Most people only hear about the Sharia courts and the right wing medias interpretation of them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
From what I have seen of the usage/misusage of the word 'Liberal', it is used by idiots to describe someone who doesn't agree with them 100% in their political belief system, usually provided by a third party such as the GOP propaganda outlet, Fox 'News'. Therefore, as phrased by your thread title, there are no legitimate questions.
edit on 8-4-2012 by stanats because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't consider myself to be particularly liberal, though I do agree with some leftist ideology (and some conservative and libertarian ideology as well); I think the left is just as hypocritical and stupid as the right, they just present everything with an air of elitism while the right presents things with a touch of hyperbole and imbecility.

I'll try to explain my understanding of their ideology to the best of my ability.

I don't support Sharia Law; I find it barbaric and idiotic. I do support freedom of religion, however, and that includes the Islamic faith.

As for homosexuality, I support personal freedom in the form of sexual orientation and practice; as long as both parties are willing and nobody is being wronged, I see no reason to persecute and discriminate against homosexuals.

This is where hypocrisy comes into play. Although it could be argued that the left praises other leftists, regardless of race, and ridicules the right, again, regardless of race. Acceptance of race is not to be confused with supplication; in fact, supplicating to someone because of the color of his or her skin is racist. If we are to battle racism, we are to treat all people equally, regardless of skin color and place of birth.

Also, why do liberals continue to promote social programs that enslave blacks at poverty level? Left policies have NEVER led to black prosperity (Chicago, Detroit, ALL of California, etc are good examples) yet they get the majority of the black vote. What does the left offer that should inspire black Americans and keep their vote? I think the tide is turning, by the way. This video is a good illustration of what I’ve said.

It's not the blacks, but all the poor in America who are targeted and made victims to these failed social programs. The problem lies within a crumbling capitalist system which does nothing to promote a fair economic playing field for all people. This is why the "American dream" is a myth.

As for the black vote, blacks are drawn to the left because the right has forged itself a reputation and connotation of being racist. Regardless of why this is, blacks like the welfare programs which democrats provide them with. It should also be noted that there are many ignorant, racist, and bigoted blacks in America. Just because they are black does not make them any more human (and prone to the same flawed ways) than whites.

This goes back to hypocrisy and leftist favoritism. It has little to do with women and more to do with political ideology as well as drawing support.

Palin did little to prevent ridicule; I mean come on, she signs up for a reality show and shoots a deer out of a helicopter...
How can anyone expect to be taken seriously when they don't take themselves seriously?

Abortion and the Death Penalty are very differing subjects. Abortion is relatively cheap, the death penalty costs more than life imprisonment. Abortion does not revolve around the ruling of a corrupt and incompetent justice system, the death penalty does.

The problem with the death penalty is that a) it is VERY COSTLY, b) it's an irrefutable punishment. If our justice system actually brought people to "Justice," rather than selling itself out to the highest bidder, I might support the death penalty. Until then, I'd rather we don't risk killing innocent people who could not afford to buy their innocence.

By the way if you want a good book regarding the death penalty, check out The Ride: The Jeffrey Curley Murder and Its Aftermath. It's about Jeffrey Curley, an 11 year old who was killed then raped by a sick pedophile, and his father's struggle with bringing his murderers to justice (the one who was in the wrong place at the wrong time got the death penalty, the one who killed then had sex with his child's corpse got a few years and will be released very soon). It changed my view on the death penalty, it may influence yours.
edit on 8-4-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join