It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legit Questions for ATS Liberals…Shed Some Light Please

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

GW more than doubled the fed deficit, leaving office with the largest deficit since WW II, and AGAIN

GW increased the annual deficit about 1000, leaving office with a $1.4T deficit.

Obama has actually cut the annual deficit, no thanks to republican efforts.

There hasn't been a good Conservative president since Ike. Everyone has been a horrible president, increasing the size of government, and our national debt. Opposite of what they claimed they would do. When are Conservatives going to wake up to the reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
1) Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

95% of the people I know are Liberals (I live in NYC) and I don't know a single one who supports Sharia law. Who's telling you that Liberals support Sharia? They are idiots or liars.

2) Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

Nobody likes Sharpton much, he's a bad guy (though when he's not being political he's an extremely witty guy), but they suffer him because he does command votes. It's sad but true, I wish he would go away, it's just politics. Jackson has become something of a baffoon. Rangel is a purely practical political animal. He's never been a vocal extremist at all. He's about as mainline party Democrat as they come. I was a big fan of the guy for a long time (more as a political junkie and appreciative of his old-school rhetorical style than anything else), but his mini-scandals kind of took the shine off him. Honestly know little to none about Shelia Jackson Lee.

As for the black Conservatives you mention: There is nothing and never has been anything "vocal" about Clarence Thomas. He's legendarily non-vocal, probably the most silent Supreme Court Justice ever. He's spoken up less than half a dozen times while in session with the court. It's sad such a terrible excuse for a justice sits in the same chair as the great Thurgood Marshall. Alan West is literally insane, I mean a total wackadoo. That some on a Right can't see this, or actually agree with the guy is frankly terrifying. Herman Cain, good business man but has no idea how to run a country.

Also, why do liberals continue to promote social programs that enslave blacks at poverty level? Left policies have NEVER led to black prosperity (Chicago, Detroit, ALL of California, etc are good examples) yet they get the majority of the black vote. What does the left offer that should inspire black Americans and keep their vote?

Let me ask you this, what programs have Conservatives promoted that are helpful to blacks? Most policies do things like suppress the black vote, draw money away from education, take money away from programs to provide basic healthcare to the poor. They created a corporate owned jail systems whose entire profit motive is based upon incarcerating as many people as possible for as long as possible, companies who have been caught bribing judges to throw people in jail (most notably children in Pennsylvania) who are clearly innocent. Shall I go on...?

3) Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

Sarah Palin was a joke of a candidate. She was not ready for the office of the Presidency, couldn't even name a single newspaper, much less ever read one. She didn't know a thing about the basic history of World War II or that North and South Korea are different countries...she jumped into the national political spotlight when she wasn't ready. Everyone who jumps into that arena should know anything they've ever done or said or will say, any one they've ever been in the same room with becomes fair game for political attack (and don't tell me Conservatives didn't go after Obama 100 times harder). That she didn't seem to know this or expect it or understand this is just one more piece of evidence as to what an utter fool the woman is. Such a person has no place withing 1000 miles of the White House, much less to be Vice President to a man who has suffered multiple bouts of melanoma in the recent past. If he wanted a woman, McCain should have picked Kay Bailey Hutchenson or someone, you know, actually smart.

Rice is super smart, she was Provost of Stanford University, but she was at the center of the Bush II administration, so...

Bachman is a bit smarter than Palin, but much like West above, I think she's insane. I think her beliefs are insane and her husband is a sad, severely repressed gay man who is living a lie to himself and his wife and who really needs to just be himself...be gay.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Originally posted by Propulsion
reply to post by LErickson

The answers you came up with were silly. You never put any thought into your reasoning.

I put more thought into my answers than the OP put into his questions. The first question the list makes no sense. You get the answers you earn.

Just replied with anything that came off the top of your head.

If you say so.

I thought more from the first reply. Guess not. I'm thinking we'll pretty much expect the same from everyone else to follow..

Really sorry that my first post to someone else in another person's thread was not exactly what you wanted.

Speaking of silly, your response here is nothing but a post calling me silly. At least I addressed the #ing topic.
Hahaha......I'm not addressing the topic because I'm not a liberal. I'm an Independent. I like sitting back on spare time watching the right and left squabble over their indifferences. It's quite comical! AND please watch the language, I'm a born again virgin...! Geeezzz!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I never said Sarah Palin is not a woman.
I am not sure you can read.

Ahhh, but you did…

This is such a lame argument. Sarah Palin is not "women." It is just that simple. Hating George Bush does not equal hating all men so hating Palin does not equal hating women.

..At least that’s what you said in your first post…

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?

The death penalty is a tool of repression. As soon as you have it in effect it becomes an easy way for the government to eliminate voices they don't want heard. Also, if you screw up and execute an innocent man, you can't take it back...and this has happened a LOT.

Abortion: a fetus in early pregnancy is not a sentient being. It's a bundle of cells, nothing more. And if you are religiously against it, go back and read your bible. Biblical law is clear that if you hit a woman and cause her fetus to abort, you have to pay financial compensation to the family, that's all. If the mother is seriously hurt or killed, well, then it's eye-for-eye, tooth-for-tooth...

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23

Our modern science, which lets us see how the development of a child has occurred tells us that at a certain point, later in pregnancy, a fetus probably is becoming a sentient being, so unlike biblical law which hold an unborn baby to not yet be a person up until the moment it exits the womb, we know better and protect unborns for many months prior to that. I think we're doing better than the Bible on this that so many Conservatives try to reference when arguing against abortion at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I never said Sarah Palin is not a woman.
I am not sure you can read.

Ahhh, but you did…

This is such a lame argument. Sarah Palin is not "women." It is just that simple. Hating George Bush does not equal hating all men so hating Palin does not equal hating women.

..At least that’s what you said in your first post…

So you cannot read?
Understanding the difference between "women" and A WOMAN is key.
Please tell me you are not this stupid?
I never said Palin is not a woman.
I did suggest you cannot read.
Now you quote me saying Palin is not "WOMEN" not, not a woman and then you repeat that I said it?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Troll..? Oh please, that's a first! Did he not say that? Please review his first post...

No, I did not say that.
You just quoted the post and it still does not say that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Too late but thanks for trying to warn me.
I am really having a hard time understanding how an intelligent adult can confuse two completely different WRITTEN words and insist I wrote one and not the other. Either that or their not understanding the difference between singular and plural. Perhaps they do believe Sarah Palin is women.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

reply to post by aching_knuckles

Too late but thanks for trying to warn me.
I am really having a hard time understanding how an intelligent adult can confuse two completely different WRITTEN words and insist I wrote one and not the other. Either that or their not understanding the difference between singular and plural. Perhaps they do believe Sarah Palin is women.
Believe me; I do know the difference between singular and plural. I use those two words quite often in my vocabulary. Again, I do feel like an "idiot" for not identifying the mistake. Me bad..!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Believe me; I do know the difference between singular and plural. I use those two words quite often in my vocabulary. Again, I do feel like an "idiot" for not identifying the mistake. Me bad..!

Look, you were the first one to jump on me and tell me that my answers were not good enough. Why would you do that when you apparently did not even read it?
The entire sentence was

It is pretty tough to miss what I wrote when you read the whole sentence. You responded right away to tell me that my answers were not good enough and a few pages later you have to apologize because you acknowledge you failed to read my post.

NICE!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

1) Homosexuality and Muslims - Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

I believe liberals don't have a problem with this because political correctness doesn't follow logic. It's okay to be an apologist for Sharia and support a homosexual agenda.

2) Racism – (Hot topic these days…I know…I will tread lightly) It seems liberals keep the term “racists” alive. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

Hate is easier to sell to the masses than reason and common sense. Plus, the alternative to what the left sells is individuality and personal responsibility. Taboo words in a progressive lexicon.

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

So many have lambasted Palin's intelligence, but have never shown proof of her IQ or lack thereof. Back to PC, it gives the progressives an out to assign their hate to simple political motivation rather than their hatred towards a gender they see as traitorous.

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?

They justify it by calling an unborn baby a mass of cells and calling murder a "choice".

Liberal logic is akin to pushing someone off a cliff and placing the blame on the result on gravity.

edit on 8-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It was pretty stupid to even ask liberals to answer questions for themselves when you have beezzer who is a mind reader and expert in everything to come in here and tell you what other people think.

Now I guess I should go to the other thread and explain conservatives to them.

Sour grapes.

I only provide my interpretation to progressive dichotomies.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I'm sooo sorry! I feel like such an idiot! I let my emotions take away logic. Please forgive me...

That is so refreshing to see on ATS how could I not. I seriously believed you had to be going out of your way to tell me I was wrong on that but I am positive I am not above such mistakes. All good.
Liberals and conservatives bicker too much about everything. Most of which is immaterial. If the two focused their energy more on what is going on in the world, there would be great progress. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’ll ever happen. Everyone is too set in their ways. Everyone want’s change, but no one will ever give anything up to make it happen. I look at myself as an independent libertarian, with some conservative overtones to boot. I do on occasion get caught up in my emotions, but I’m usually pretty good at stepping back, taking a breath, and taking a look at everything in a different perspective. We all get side tracked sometimes, and I'll be the first to admit I made a mistake..

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join