It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legit Questions for ATS Liberals…Shed Some Light Please

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by The Sword

Is there any evidence to prove this point? You could include a broad swath of Americans who use social programs and then see if your point holds up or not. I believe that most social programs are not glamorous like some like to believe.

Come on! Democrats have always been keeping black Americans down yet they call republicans racist. They opposed everything positive that’s ever happened. Although corny, this video has some good info (and it’s short).

Oh,

That is, the KKK is a bunch of NASCAR lovin, Jim Bob liberals dressed in hoods
drinking PBR???

I bet the hippies who were marching with Martin Luther King were conservative
hippies?

edit on 10-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Why can’t liberals disagree with Sarah Palin without sexist comments?

The vast majority of us can and do. Are you responsible for every idiotic thing that someone identifying as a conservative says? I do not hold you to that standard. You will notice that I am not calling you out for anything anyone but you have said. When you are speaking to others, it is common courtesy to do the same. Do not judge all liberals based on the actions and comments of a few. To do that is to play into propaganda, and I would like to believe you want better than to do that.

Again, when he and others are called out on their political views it’s said to be ‘because they’re black’ rather than just a disagreement. Do you remember the names Clarence Thomas was called by the left? How about the names Herman Cain was called? These were hatful, racist remarks and they went unchecked. Why can’t people disagree with a black liberal without racism being brought up yet racism is the first thing brought up when a conservative disagrees with a black liberal?

Maybe the reason so many have gotten their panties in a bunch over my questions is because they simply don’t understand the question or they are oblivious to the inconsistencies and double standards in play??

Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas were not called names by the left. Liberalism is an ideology, and has no form of action on it's own. I openly condemn anyone that calls anyone a racist or sexist epithet. I am the first to stand up when someone calls any person of any color a crude name. I do not take part in that.

Again, are you to be labeled as someone who does is a racist or a hypocrite because of something other conservatives do? Would that be a fair assessment?

Do not judge a philosophy by it's abuse. - Saint Augustine
edit on 10-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Considering that you completely disregarded these questions, I stand by my earlier assessment of you.

I think it has to do more with the way you framed the questioned, and which answers you decided to reply to. You only seem to be making time for the answers that cause the most controversy with little regards to the vast majority of people identifying as liberals that have completely decimated your questions.

You are not a seeker of truth. You are a stirrer of trash.

You wrap yourself in your ignorances and wear them like armor. You are not interested in knowing how anyone thinks, you are interested in fighting with those that you don't agree with. It is sad that this type of political trolling isn't seen for what it is and properly dealt with, because this thread adds nothing to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Didn't say Muslims want to kill you.

Yeah you did.

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by LErickson

I totally disagree with you on Sharia law.

Or maybe you have no clue what you were disagreeing with me about?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by seabag

Some people are going to shoot up heroin so should we just make it legal and provide clean needles?

In fact yes. That is a great idea. Take the money out of the black market and divert it into drugs awareness education, while providing clean needles and clean heroin. No more spreading diseases with needles and no more over doses. The education may also turn people away from taking drugs.

And, I would like to point out.....

unless severely addicted, the person is less likely to die from not using heroin, whereas, there are very many cases of users dying from overdoses of heroin!!!

in the case of abortion....

some women are more likely to die or suffer debilitating health problems from carrying a baby than they are if they have an abortion!!

and there's been many on this board that seem they would be very much willing to take the decision in such cases away from the mother and place all the risk onto her, regardless of medical doctors say!!!

and I do believe this is the thread where I read someone someone saying that if we aren't "religious" we have no authority to speak on moral matters???
do believe so, but have to get going and get to work, so I am just gonna run with this belief....

muslims seem to be quite religious, with their periodic praying throughout the day, ect. and yet, you shun thier voice when it comes to moral authority. and, don't think that there isn't a little wispering going on in the conservative camp about Romney and the fact that he is mormon, and thus not christian. so, is romney "religious" enough??? or is it more, unless you hold the same beliefs as myself, you have no authority??

whatever....
the day when the political talking heads start trying kick each other out of heaven's gates, well, you will find me not only on boards like this one, telling the chirstians to get their religion out of the political arena but screaming in other ways!! and it won't be because I see them threatening my much loved immoral practices! it will because the religion has already been drug through the mud enough throughout the ages with such insanity!! I just don't want to see it dragged down more because of some people's arrogance!!!!

everybody has a moral compass within them, just that some of us have chosen to ignore that compass so long that they can no longer hear it! some of the religious can hear it, but then they can twist the holy words this way and that, and find justification to ignore it!! others are just so hungry for power or wealth that they don't care!

no matter, so many pages, so many posts, and no one but the op it seems has any validity???
it's not worth the time I have spent posting!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Some Conservatives (whatever the hell that really means) would say you are a Neocon 
due to the fact that you want to interfere with people and their personal business.

I'm not a neocon or rino. You may be confusing conservatism and libertarianism. Thanks to RP the differences have been blurred even more. 

I personally think many things should be legal in the personal realm, but I do not go as far 
to say everything should be legal, or the "conservative/RINO/neocon" (i can't keep track) 
many things should be illegal. I think Marijuana and prostitution should be legal... Those two 
things would reduce incarceration tremendously and save society a bundle.

You're breaking new ground because this is something I struggle with as a conservative. I think about why somethings are legal while others aren't even though they seem similar. 

I tend to agree with you that marijuana and prostitution should be legal even though I have a moral objection. I don't see much of a difference between marijuana and alcohol. And prostitution is completely victimless. If someone is selling and another person is buying I don't see why not.

Where conservatives have a problem is that both of these behaviors are seen as a path to more serious crimes. Then there's the slippery slope argument; if we legalize that what's next? Heroin? Crack? Meth? 

An arbitrary line has been drawn and conservatives want to maintain the current line which is why we're considered cavemen. Its liberals and libertarians who want to move the line. From a conservative perspective, if we continue pushing the line back where will it end? This is a struggle we've always faced as a country. 

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

All I'm seeing here are youtube videos and a friggin Fox News link.

Couldn't find better sources, eh?

And yes, we know about the Southern Democrats. We also have enough of a brain to know that the Democrats abandoned the South, leaving the Republican party to court the last remnants of that era.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?"

Tell me the name of anybody that's "pro abortion". There are pleny of people that are "pro-choice"....there's a big difference. Having a choice is, to me, freedom.....you got something against freedom?....do ya?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I believe these questions of and in themselves are biased and are used to divide the masses. This is basically done to keep us from looking at what our biggest problems are at this time in our lives! I guess i will start by explaining why i believe them to be Biased! When we put a label on something we are Prejudging them or it.
Liberal, conservative, right, left, black or white it makes no difference.

As for your first questions, I believe we all have the right to live as we choose, as long as our choices do not interfere with anothers life.
If someone wants to practice a religion then i'm fine with that but when that religion infringes on someones life then i no longer can support them.

As for your second question, I really don't understand what it is you are asking!
If you are asking why do we continue to keep the term Racists alive? When there are no more racist or biggots then we will rid ourselves of that term, i guess.

next, Why do liberals promote social programs? I believe you are correct in your assumption that these social programs keep minorities down. I can't tell you why the minorities keep voting for these liberals. when i am finished answering these questions i will go over the problem with labels! I guess your last two questions have to do with my idea on what a liberal and conservative aught to be.

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008.
Sarah Palin was becoming very popular very quickly and when that happens TPTB will do whatever it takes to remove them from the selection process.

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue? Could they be pro-abortion because if they were anti-abortion they would lose way to many votes
Ok so why are these liberals and conservatives in office so contradictory to the ideals of conservative and liberal? Well this is so very obvious an answer i am surprised i am even answering it. We have this two party system to give us all the illusion of choice. if we look at these men and woman in politics today they are all about one thing and only one thing and that's getting elected so they can best serve their masters "the Elite"!

Most of the conservatives in government are not conservatives at all! how do i know this? Well i know this cause even when we have a conservative president or a conservative congress and house we still see the state grow
as well as owe! What about the conservatives stating they wont raise the debt ceiling but as soon as they get into office what do they do? they vote to raise the debt ceiling!

Same thing is true with the liberals. They pretend they are for the people yet they still vote to give tax breaks to the super rich and screw the poor too boot, as well as bailing out overleveraged banking industries that they have no buisness doing!

This is not rocket science. It's not brain surgery. This is a manipulation of people by finding out what they expect and then pretending to give that to them, but in reality we are just slaves and as long as we expect that we can vote someone into office that will fix this we will continue to be enslaved!

I am afraid that the only way we will accomplish anything is by ridding ourselves of the narcissistic leaders we have. I believe we no longer need a representative government but the problem is people are afraid to make there own decisions, as well as to stand up against those who they deem to be evil and corrupt! If this should ever cease to be the problem we might actually be able to live equally and peacefully!

I realize that this may not be what you were expecting of me but i don't believe in labels. Labeling people is childish and assumes things about us that can never be fully understood without conversing! I don't believe
that there is any such thing as a conservative or a liberal because there will always be some degree of variation in their ideals. As i said before these labels are used to divide and conquer us by pitting us against one another
usually through some kind of petty difference of opinion!
Well I hope this helps you to realize that labeling is wrong but if you don't then goodluck to you and yours!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

"4) Tell me the name of anybody that's "pro abortion". There are pleny of people that are "pro-choice"....there's a big difference. Having a choice is, to me, freedom.....you got something against freedom?....do ya?

Ok, how about Obama? He supported partial birth abortion.

There's no difference between pro choice and pro abortion. If you're for 'choice' then you support legislation 'FOR' abortion. 

As far as me having something against freedom I will argue that nobody should have the "freedom" to take the life of a child IMO. 

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Well, you went way off in left field in that post. When I began this thread I asked:

By the way, if you’re going to just tell us that we’re all fools for buying into the left/right paradigm then just drop a S&F and move on please.

I’m not going to allow this thread to be derailed so I will just address your answers.

As for your first questions, I believe we all have the right to live as we choose, as long as our choices do not interfere with anothers life.

If someone wants to practice a religion then i'm fine with that but when that religion infringes on someones life then i no longer can support them.

So then answer the question. How do liberals justify supporting the homosexual agenda while at the same time supporting Muslims who believe homosexuals should be killed?

As for your second question, I really don't understand what it is you are asking!
If you are asking why do we continue to keep the term Racists alive? When there are no more racist or biggots then we will rid ourselves of that term, i guess.

The question was very clear, sir. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left while vocal black conservatives are called racist names by the left? If the left were truly supportive of black Americans wouldn’t that support cross party lines?

Though you quoted them, you completely ignored questions 3 and 4 and went on a rant about left/right. However, I do agree with you when you said:

I am afraid that the only way we will accomplish anything is by ridding ourselves of the narcissistic leaders we have. I believe we no longer need a representative government but the problem is people are afraid to make there own decisions, as well as to stand up against those who they deem to be evil and corrupt! If this should ever cease to be the problem we might actually be able to live equally and peacefully!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So then answer the question. How do liberals justify supporting the homosexual agenda while at the same time supporting Muslims who believe homosexuals should be killed?

Maybe if I make the words bigger, you will be able to see them.

I SUPPORT THE RIGHTS OF EVERY

PERSON TO FEEL HOWEVER THEY WISH.

I SUPPORT THE RIGHTS OF ANY GAY

I SUPPORT THE RIGHT OF ANY PERSON

TO FEEL THAT GAY PEOPLE SHOULD BE

KILLED. THIS IS A RIGHT PROTECTED BY

THE FIRST AMENDMENT.I DO NOT

SUPPORT THE ACT OF KILLING ANYONE,

HOWEVER, AND ANYONE THAT DOES

SO SHOULD BE TRIED IN OPEN COURT.

Seriously, what is so hard for you to understand about this?
edit on 11-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

1) Homosexuality and Muslims - Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

Because to enforce a country's own standards on itself is too much like a dictatorship. But to make everyone change for a smaller minority THAT is a step in the right direction and what it means to be liberal.

2) Racism – (Hot topic these days…I know…I will tread lightly) It seems liberals keep the term “racists” alive. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

We can't have anyone setting the bar too high, that would be racist- you racist.

Also, why do liberals continue to promote social programs that enslave blacks at poverty level? Left policies have NEVER led to black prosperity (Chicago, Detroit, ALL of California, etc are good examples) yet they get the majority of the black vote. What does the left offer that should inspire black Americans and keep their vote?

This is your illogical non-liberal mind playing tricks on you. Instead of looking at it that way why not look at it the liberal way. Think of us liberals as holding blacks UP at poverty level. Now if we wanted for them to make a lot of money and not be poor anymore who would vote for liberal?

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR!!! In the name of LIBERALISM I DEMAND that you are ARRESTED and CENSORED!!!

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?

Because a woman has the right to choose to kill a baby if it makes her feel better. Plus taking the pill everyday is such a drag. Besides 99.99999% of all abortions are because of rape and incest from right wing families*. The death penalty is racist, by executing violent people you are discriminating against their nature which is racist because they can't help it.

*This figure comes from a book i read when I went to college. It was the only book i read there before leaving to protest for the rest of my 4 years.
edit on 11-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

1) Homosexuality and Muslims - Devote Muslims kill homosexuals for being homosexual (fact). Yet, liberals support both the Homosexual agenda in America as well as Muslim Sharia Law. What gives?

Since when do "liberals" support Sharia Law?
Personally, I support Sharia Law as much as I support reducing all laws to the 10 Commandments or making the consumption of macro light-beer compulsory for craft beer aficionado.

And please, stop calling whatever it is you're opposed to a "Homosexual Agenda." There is no such thing.

2) Racism – (Hot topic these days…I know…I will tread lightly) It seems liberals keep the term “racists” alive. Why are vocal black democrats given praise by the left (Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel, Shiela Jackson Lee, etc) while vocal black conservatives (Clarence Thomas, Alan West, Herman Cain, etc) called names by the left?

Not a racial issue. You're honestly surprised that left-leaning politicians that happen to be black get more support from liberals than those who are leaning to the right of that antiquated spectrum?

3) Pro Women yet Anti Conservative Women – Liberals say they’re for women’s rights yet they destroyed Sarah Palin and her family in 2008. Liberals love Hillary but what did they have to say about Condoleezza?? Have liberals ever denounced all of the chauvinist remarks about Bachman?

I honestly don't get what you're trying to say/ask?

4) Pro Abortion yet Anti-Death Penalty – Need I say more on this issue?

One is about growing tissue within a woman's body that may develop into a human being.
The other is about fully-formed, independent, conscious human beings.

If we were talking about late-term abortions, I'd say you have a point.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurbsMaybe if I make the words bigger, you will be able to see them.

I SUPPORT THE RIGHTS OF EVERY

I SUPPORT THE RIGHTS OF ANY GAY

I SUPPORT THE RIGHT OF ANY PERSON

TO FEEL THAT GAY PEOPLE SHOULD BE

KILLED. THIS IS A RIGHT PROTECTED BY

THE FIRST AMENDMENT.I DO NOT

SUPPORT THE ACT OF KILLING ANYONE,

HOWEVER, AND ANYONE THAT DOES

SO SHOULD BE TRIED IN OPEN COURT.

Seriously, what is so hard for you to understand about this?

OH…well it makes sense now!

Sorry, I didn’t have my GLASSES ON!

So you justify supporting two conflicting groups by simply saying you support everyone! Got it!

When will I see you at a tea party rally supporting me (you know - the way liberals support the gay agenda)??

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I came into this thread initially several days ago, and realised that I could answer seabag's questions in a manner which was entirely consistent...but which would unfortunately probably also get me banned, if not completely ostracised by several people here who I consider valuable.

So unfortunately, I cannot answer.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When will I see you at a tea party rally supporting me (you know - the way liberals support the gay agenda)??

You still DO NOT GET IT.

I support the Tea Party's RIGHT TO HAVE AN AGENDA, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO SUPPORT THEIR AGENDA.

If someone said that the Tea Party did not have the right to exist, and decided to outlaw them, you would see me at rallys to support THEIR RIGHT to FREE SPEECH, even though I disagree with that agenda.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm not trying to offend anyone, really
but American's concept of "The Left" is so cute...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
I'm not trying to offend anyone, really
but American's concept of "The Left" is so cute...

as a hardcore leftist (think Marxism, but a little bit further left, lol) and American citizen myself, i concur with this statement

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

If someone said that the Tea Party did not have the right to exist, and decided to outlaw them, you would see me at rallys to support THEIR RIGHT to FREE SPEECH, even though I disagree with that agenda.

Wouldn't it be the left trying to get rid of the tea party?

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

i felt the need to more thoroughly debunk your ignorance. too bad you will continue in your ignorant ways and refuse to actually read and consider this article:

Two Muslim gay men, deeply in love, tied the knot in France with the blessing of an imam. Ludovic Mohamed Zahed, a French man of Algerian origin, and his South African partner Qiyam al-Din, were reportedly married in accordance to the Sharia (Islamic law) in the presence of a Mauritian imam named Jamal who blessed their union on February 12, 2012, according to a report in Albawbaba on April 2.

english.alarabiya.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join